N00b Nerd coming aboard

Salutations from Austin TX!

After many years of being in decent shape, never any problems performing in work our play, I've finally decided to really energize and level up!

I spent a long time working in fields that require exertion, heavy lifting, etc, and never had any problems. But now, a few years after being at a desk and watching others perform the manual labour, I realize I'm not quite in the shape I used to be in.

Couple that with a lovely wife who's turned into a gym bunny and you have a prescription to get in shape!

So I looked around ye ole interwebs and found the perfect place, here!

My plans are to become an Assassin as per the Professions article, and take my quickly aging ass to the Ninja Warrior Tryouts in Dallas later this year.

HELP(in a good way!)

My dad handed me that quote as I moved out for the first time. Since then I tried to practice not only the spirit but the letter of it. I've gotten most of it down, except that damn "Die gallantly" part. Just can't seem to get it right. So far it's been more of "die blubbering like a lil bitch". But hey, can't win em all.....

I definitely plan to get in on the upcoming challenge.

Assassin/monk will be my final build, lol.

Any tips for someone brand new to the fitness game?