Days down without smoking

Day 1 yesterday. Not a single cigarette was smoked by me, despite playful taunting by a few of my pups. What was the most helpful was the positive feedback from The Ma'am (our PL): I was just taking it hour by hour and seeing if I could make it to the next one, but she never failed to high-five me with an enthusiastic random yell of encouragement.

Today's goal: Zero cigarettes, less high-fives - my hand is still sore.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

As someone who is still struggling to quit smoking completely, you have my deepest respect.

Keep on rocking!

Earth Kingdom Warrior - Level 1

(STR) 3 <> (DEX) 2 <> (STA) 2 <> (CON) 2 <> (WIS) 3 <> (CHA) 3

You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. - Uncle Iroh

Good job, the first few days are the hardest.  It gets much easier as the days go on. I quit a few years ago and can say it was worth every last bit of annoyance and discomfort.  Stay strong!

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

Keep going! I bet you already feel amazingly proud of yourself, imagine how you'll feel after a week/month/year?

I quit 2 and a half years ago and never want to go back. 99% of the time I am relieved to not have the habit anymore... the other 1% of the time Im drunk and think I want one. I'm always happy the next morning that I didn't light up :)

Let us know how you get on!

Way to go, Lavendercat! :victorious:

Myself, I managed two days without a cigarette.... then the next day I had one... and the day after that, I had one.... and yesterday I probably totalled out around 6 or 7 :neglected: But that was YESTERDAY and today is my day to start a smoke-free life (again).

I refuse to give up trying. I don't care how many times I have to restart, I will become a non-smoker once more! I'm just kind of throwing myself at the challenge right now with little more than a bag of beef jerky, a bottle of water and phone app but if that doesn't get me anywhere in the long run, then I'll figure out a different strategy.

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you guys' support. When I started this thread, I figured I'd get one or two short "yay, go you"s and maybe a cookie - I was truly blown away to come back to the thread and see so many of you cheering for me, especially after just one day. Seriously, it meant the world to me. :love_heart:

So I'll be back to report on today. Strength to me! :loyal:

Keep up the momentum!

Flase starts happen all the time - just get up and try again, if you really want to quit then you will. don't quit because you think you should, really mean it when you say you're done.

Something that helped me a whole lot is my no-smoking forum... it's like this forum but for people that are trying to quit. You get to graduate from different sections of the forum( from 1 day to 1 week to 3 months etc.) which I found to be a massive incentive! people there will will your pain and help you out - http://forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/

Quitting is HARD :-/

I keep making it to around lunchtime/dinner time, and then failing. I know it's because that's when the activity level of my work day usually falls, so instead of being actively engaged I end up just sitting and being bored, wishing I had an excuse to get up and leave for a little bit.... y'know, like for a cigarette break....

*Sigh*

No excuses. Excuses are for the weak. I will drink water and drive on. Bathroom breaks may not be sexy, but then again, neither is smelling like an ashtray. TODAY. Today today today today today is my day. Not my bad habit's day. MY day. I can be whatever I want, and I WANT TO BE A NON-SMOKER AGAIN. I can do this. I will do this.

Strength to me.

Keep up the momentum!

You can do it.  It takes a lot of willpower, but anyone can quit smoking.

I quit smoking 2.5 years ago.  The thing that did it for me was imagining my future kids having to inhale my nasty tar smoke their entire lives, and me dying prematurely of heart/lung problems.

Your family, friends will thank you.
Keep trying! 

Hey look, there's a phone version of the forums!!! Guess I'll check in then.

13:02 and still smoke free. One of my pups offered me a cigarette as soon as I arrived on shift, and I turned him down. Then my other pup did the same thing, and I *almost* gave in - but I didn't! YAAAAY!!!!

Now comes the hardest part of my day, historically. I've printed off a list of motivational quotes, as well as a timeline and am literally checking off the hours as they go by. I don't know why, but it helps to be able to see that kind of incremental progress.

Back to the smokeless desert I go now. Strength to me!

"At least three times a day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around that answer." - Lee Jampolsky

Keep up the momentum!

It's a long walk through that desert but you're many days in already, you don't want to get dropped back at the start and have to walk the all those days over again do you?

Push on and eventually you will walk out of the desert into sweet smelling freedom, nice skin having, clean air breathing, no clothes and hair stinking, smoke-free paradise at the other side. We're all waiting at the other end for you and when you get here you'll see it's amazing and it's worth it. Can you hear the cheers in the distance?! :)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

How's it going? Still smoke free?

Earth Kingdom Warrior - Level 1

(STR) 3 <> (DEX) 2 <> (STA) 2 <> (CON) 2 <> (WIS) 3 <> (CHA) 3

You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. - Uncle Iroh

Imagine all the things you can do with the time and money you save by not smoking!

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but one that makes me swell with pride EVERY DAY!

Keep it up, you are worth it!

This.

I quit smoking on 03/04/12 after I read this book.

Give it a shot, it's cheaper than a pack of cigarettes in NYC.