Wolverine: Born to SNIKT

Wolverine

If you really want to pick up my codpiece guantlet off the floor...

You should take a workout here and there to see what your limits with any given exercise are.  You really will surprise yourself, set some PRs, and get you rethinking what it will take to hit the next level.

Would you suggest making the workout just ONE exercise and pushing the limits as far as I can on that one thing?

Decided it would be a good idea to do my leg/butt workout like this today. Erk- Whose idea was this?!!! I thought I could do reverse lunges and glute bridges, but when you start getting up to do 50- :disgust: And then I thought well calf raises are easy I bet I could crank out at least 80 in one go, ha ha, at about 55 my calves were begging for mercy. Endurance BW is a whole 'nther ball game

Yeah.  Holy DOMS today, Batman.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

No progress photo yet, because the light has changed so much in my bathroom (due to the season) that I couldn't get a good shot.  Gonna have to get in there earlier.  Stoopid sun. ;)  But here are my before and after challenge stats...

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

• Height: 5 ft. 7 in. ---> 5 ft. 7 in.
    - Yup, still short.

• Weight: 142.8 lb. ---> 137 lb.

• Bodyfat: 12.14% ---> 10.35%
    - YMCA Modified Formula

• Chest: 37.75 in. ---> 37.8125 in.
    - No significant change, but wasn't going for one.  This being a cut, all I'm trying to do is maintain muscle mass.

• Waist: 27.125 in. ---> 26.25 in.

MY THOUGHTS

• I'm especially proud of the weight change.  At the beginning of the challenge I was hovering in the 145 lb. - 140 lb. range and sort of stuck there.  I now hover below 139 lb. which is awesome.  I've got another plateau to break through here, but it's lower than it was before.  A big WOOT for a new setpoint.

• Lower abs are still refusing to come into the light.  My original weight goal was 135 lb. but it's looking more and more like I'll need to hit 130 lb. before I'm lean enough for the waist that I crave.  I'm hesitant to aim for that weight, though.  135 lb. is the weight limit for the UFC Bantamweights and those guys are all my height (and I'm sure they maintain at a higher weight and cut for fights).  It stands to reason that they're more muscular than I am (right now) so their cut weight should be a good initial target for my walk around weight.  The plan was to hit that weight (135 lb.) and then bulk up to a walk around weight of about 140 lb. - 145 lb. and a cut weight (six pack, yo!) to 135 lb.  Right now none of this really matters, as I'm going under the knife next week and won't be able to work out enough to start a bulk, but whether to bulk or keep cutting is definitely something I'm going to have to decide soon, as it will dictate how I approach my post-recovery diet and training goals next challenge.

• Along with the above, I'm incorporating more ab specific work to my training routine.  More muscle = better visibility at a higher bodyfat percentage.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Embrace the madness...

Agreed, it is madness.

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Would you suggest making the workout just ONE exercise and pushing the limits as far as I can on that one thing?

Yeah.  Holy DOMS today, Batman.

Exactly:)  I wouldn't do it all the time 'cause its pretty one dimensional, but every once in awhile is eye opening.

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

I would think that you would want to aim your diet goals for the first part of the challenge towards recovery, and your exercise goals for the post surgery phase at rehab.  In your shoes, I'd take all of the goals you would otherwise be shooting for this challenge and make them "bonus" goals.  Meaning if you recover quickly and achieve them you would count them, but if you recover slowly they don't count against you.  Sort of like my "sliver" bonus points last challenge...:)

Cro Magnon Assassin

Ok, just wanna say that u got THE MOST AWESOME avatar on the entire site :) name and Mutant Assassin just adds to the picture :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Ok, just wanna say that u got THE MOST AWESOME avatar on the entire site :) name and Mutant Assassin just adds to the picture :)

Thanks.  Gotta say that Half-Dwarf/Half-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is probably my favorite race designation so far, though. :D

Does your presence on my thread indicate an interest in the Assassins, oh Adventurer?  COME TO THE DARK SIDE.  We don't have cookies but we do have awesome outfits.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

WEDNESDAY'S WORKOUT

• Fulfilling (one of) my husbandly duties.  A.K.A. snuggle time.

THURSDAY'S "PUMP IT UP" WORKOUT

• Warmup

• Pull-ups: 10 / 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 / 5 (42)

• Decline Push-ups: 20 / 16 / 15 (51)
    - Increase difficulty next round.

• Ring Body Row: 10 / 12 / 12 / 12 (46)
    - The first progression in this video - done with rings instead of PBs.
    - In order to count a rep, my chest must clear my elbows at the top of the movement.

• Wall Handstand Push-up: 4 / 5 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 3 / 2 (26)
     Ran out of time.
    - Numbers are quickly picking up, but it's gonna be hard to get the volume required in the amount of time I have to work.

• PB Dip: 10 / 7 / 8 / 5 (30)
    - Ran out of time.
    - Put the PBs in front of a mirror.  Very helpful to watch the awesomeness in a mirror.  Soundtrack for "300" running in my head.

• Chin-up:  4 / 4 (8)
    - Ran out of time.
    - Arms were so tired by this point.  My chin-up max is somewhere around 15 reps, so squeaking out 4 is a testament to the burn in my arms.
    - I find that there's good crossover from pull-ups to chin-ups (though not the other way around), so I may drop these to save some time.

Continuing to work on my volume plan and still running out of time.  I need to fiddle some more with the superset pairings.  Thinking total volume of 40 reps per exercise, 20 reps on the first set to progress, 3 min. rest between supersets (supersets are 2-3 exercises grouped together)... Depending on how motivated I am (and whether or not I decide to toss in a static workout) I'll be able to get one or two more rounds of this workout under my belt before surgery.  Should be long enough to tweak before having to shelve it for awhile.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Part of why I do a limited number of exercises is so I can do enough reps to destroy the primary muscular performers and then dig deep into the ones that get recruited.  I also tend to prefer a few sets of high reps over a lot of sets of lower reps.  That said, nice job with your pull ups!  No wonder your arms were blown when it came to the chins.  

Also, good luck with your surgery.  Don't get stupid while you're recovering and hit it too hard too fast!  I've seen guys do that with hernias and everyone of them goes into a downward spiral of repeated surgeries.  If I remember right, this surgery involves you core, so I'm thinking you better be staring at a wall counting your breaths when you're not snuggling!  Don't think about what you're going to lose over the next couple of months.  Think about where you'll be in three years if you handle this right.  'Nuff said.

Cro Magnon Assassin

WOW....

And queue! Kickassness all over my friend!! You're the motherfreakin Weapon X, bro!! Great workouts, great 6-weeks, and greatness all around! I'm sad to see you go under the knife here shortly, but I'll be sending many prayers your way, brotha! I say, when you get a chance, Go for some bulk WITH a 6-pack :) I've decided this next challenge after much back and forth to go for more bulk...I mean, what good is a Big Bad Wolf if he's not...BIG and BAD ;) You rock sir, can't wait to see what else is in store!

Oh, and I 2nd CR's last post-Let your body recover so you can become the Monster you wanna be!

P.S- I have baby pics up on my thread and a special little "ab" pic for you bro ;) Figured the old wallet photo was getting dusty, hahaha!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Part of why I do a limited number of exercises is so I can do enough reps to destroy the primary muscular performers and then dig deep into the ones that get recruited.  I also tend to prefer a few sets of high reps over a lot of sets of lower reps.  That said, nice job with your pull ups!  No wonder your arms were blown when it came to the chins.  

Also, good luck with your surgery.  Don't get stupid while you're recovering and hit it too hard too fast!  I've seen guys do that with hernias and everyone of them goes into a downward spiral of repeated surgeries.  If I remember right, this surgery involves you core, so I'm thinking you better be staring at a wall counting your breaths when you're not snuggling!  Don't think about what you're going to lose over the next couple of months.  Think about where you'll be in three years if you handle this right.  'Nuff said.

And keep the 'snuggling' to a safe, friendly level....

Thanks.  Gotta say that Half-Dwarf/Half-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is probably my favorite race designation so far, though. :D

Does your presence on my thread indicate an interest in the Assassins, oh Adventurer?  COME TO THE DARK SIDE.  We don't have cookies but we do have awesome outfits.

O man I would love to be an assassin :) these ninja clothes are just my thing !!

BUT I would also like to be a warrior, a druid, a monk and a ranger = so I haven't decided yet which path is for me :)

So for now I will stay with advengers who are extremely awesome people (I'm not saying others are not)!!

Plus I have some elbow injury that won't go away, so I am pretty restricted to things I can train - only legs and core :( which makes me sometimes angry sometimes sad...

So until I heal my arm I will do my best to stay positive and patient and try to work on other stuff like diet or life goals - and I think advengers are perfect group for that kind of stuff :)

But thanks for invitation, stay strong and I see u later on :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines