Wolverine: Born to SNIKT

Wolverine

Hey hey! Congrats on completing the First day!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

THAT is freaking AWESOME. God, now I'm debating using my tax return to pay for the tat I've been wanting for like a year but I should be responsible -sigh-. Soon, though.

WOLVIE. Love your goals. The patio looks great so far and I have ZERO doubt that you will complete it. And maybe I'm drinking the optimist kool-aid (because why the hell not?) but I think this IS the challenge to beat all past challenges. I feel that way for me, and looking at all you've accomplished so far, I bet that's the case for you too. Go get 'em, you are awesome.

Also, nice workout today, reading it made me tired, haha.

I like the way you think.  This will be OUR challenge to beat all challenges.  I haven't had one of those yet. :)

Thank freaking goodness I read your first post.  It kind of jolted my brain out of it's "fog of vagueness and non specific goal setting."  Lookin forward to seeing how your patio and six pack come along this challenge. =D

Ha!  If I'm not specific, I weasel my way out of things. ;)  

When I read Goal 2: Stay on Target, all I can think about is Star Wars. Lol

But in all seriousness, I'm sure your wife will love the patio when its done. Its already looking great!

Thanks!

Hey hey! Congrats on completing the First day!

Only 41 more to go!  A cake walk, I say.

Great job! It's good to see that you had such a successful first day. I think you could keep it up.  

Thanks, Devyn.  I'm sure gonna try!

Great workout! What is a "false grip"?

Basscrack,

love the ink.

A false grip is a horrible torture device invented by some crazy gymnast so that he/she could torment us lesser mortals.  Basically, holding a bar or rings with a false grip places your hand in prime position to push after the initial pull-up portion of a muscle up.  Beast Skills has some pictures and a better description if you're interested.  Needless to say, it takes some getting used to.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Well, it's day two and I already have a photo of a tattooed lady in a bikini in my thread.  I win at life.  I think Starbuck is right, this is going to be my challenge to beat all challenges.  :cool-new:

TUESDAY'S CARDIO ROUTINE

• Insanity: Cardio Power & Resistance, 40 min.

Tuesdays are also my measure and photograph day so, without further ado, my starting stats and a photo (if it doesn't show up, please let me know, we've got some photo issues here on da'boards)...

STARTING STATS

• Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
  • Weight: 142.8 lb.
  • Bodyfat: 12.14% (YMCA Modified Formula)
STARTING PHOTO

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

There's actually TWO tattooed ladies in bikinis in that picture. It's the only picture of the tattoo that doesn't have a buttcrack in it... or isn't full on R-rated. Thanks for all the compliments, errybody. Took my measurements last night, too.

Way to kick day one's ass.

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

There's actually TWO tattooed ladies in bikinis in that picture. It's the only picture of the tattoo that doesn't have a buttcrack in it... or isn't full on R-rated. Thanks for all the compliments, errybody. Took my measurements last night, too.

Way to kick day one's ass.

1. Very good point. Consider both ladies noticed and appreciated. ;)

2. Thanks.

So I've been working with GMBs RPT/RPE scale for a couple of weeks now and I don't think that it's working for me.  The scale feels like it has too many levels, and instead of clarifying things for me it's just muddying the waters.  I think I'm going to use their scale as a basis of a slimmed-down version of my own.  Expect rating weirdness for a bit as I figure out what I'm going to keep and what I'm going to toss.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Thanks for the link, that page was pretty cool. I knew what the general basis of a muscle up was and have been wanting to try one for a while, I just have no where to do so. That detailed explaination made it sound harder than I was thinking it would be. Now I really want to try one.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

Well, it's day two and I already have a photo of a tattooed lady in a bikini in my thread.  I win at life.  I think Starbuck is right, this is going to be my challenge to beat all challenges.  :cool-new:

TUESDAY'S CARDIO ROUTINE

• Insanity: Cardio Power & Resistance, 40 min.

Tuesdays are also my measure and photograph day so, without further ado, my starting stats and a photo (if it doesn't show up, please let me know, we've got some photo issues here on da'boards)...

STARTING STATS

• Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
  • Weight: 142.8 lb.
  • Bodyfat: 12.14% (YMCA Modified Formula)
STARTING PHOTO

Hello 4-pack in that starting photo! Those Insanities have been paying off, bro.

Train hard. Drink tea.

So I've been working with GMBs RPT/RPE scale for a couple of weeks now and I don't think that it's working for me.  The scale feels like it has too many levels, and instead of clarifying things for me it's just muddying the waters.  I think I'm going to use their scale as a basis of a slimmed-down version of my own.  Expect rating weirdness for a bit as I figure out what I'm going to keep and what I'm going to toss.

Yeah, that I what I have a hard time with. For RPE I figured I could just throw out most of it and use easy, somewhat hard, very hard, and zomg hard. In the grand scheme of things those are the important ones. As far as form grading, I'm definitely not ready for something too complex; above average, average, below average, and terrible is good enough for now.

I definitely notice how sets of different RPE's affect future sets. Keeping track and experimenting makes that readily apparent.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Thanks for the link, that page was pretty cool. I knew what the general basis of a muscle up was and have been wanting to try one for a while, I just have no where to do so. That detailed explaination made it sound harder than I was thinking it would be. Now I really want to try one.

No worries!  They're a goal of mine too. I'm hoping to get to the "baby muscle-up" by the end of the challenge.  Basically, a muscle up with some jump help. :)

Hello 4-pack in that starting photo! Those Insanities have been paying off, bro.

Ha!  Thanks!  It's been SSSLLLOOOOWWWW going.

I love that you're using rings. I can't even do a chin up right now, so rings are somewhere in the out there future, but they are so cool!   :)

They are way cool and add an entirely new dimension to my training.  They really work all those stabilizer muscles that I didn't know I had!

...errr.. why haven't I subscribed to this thread yet?  :nightmare:

Because you wanted to show up fashionably late?

Yeah, that I what I have a hard time with. For RPE I figured I could just throw out most of it and use easy, somewhat hard, very hard, and zomg hard. In the grand scheme of things those are the important ones. As far as form grading, I'm definitely not ready for something too complex; above average, average, below average, and terrible is good enough for now.

I definitely notice how sets of different RPE's affect future sets. Keeping track and experimenting makes that readily apparent.

I'm thinking a 1-5 scale for both.  I don't think I need ten freaking levels.

wolverine, what is the weather like where you are?

Is it going to hinder your buildy things goal?

It's cold but not COLD.  Rain could be the only thing that stops me but that shouldn't be an issue.  Hopefully... :)

I can't tell you how many times I read acronyms on here and have no idea what they mean until WAAAY later. Like DL, RDL, LBM, PR, etc are a few I have figured out.

What the heck are GMBs RPT/RPEs?

GMB = Gold Medal Bodies

RPE = Rated Perceived Exertion/Effort (a scale for tracking how hard you feel like you worked)

RPT = Rated Perceived Technique (a scale for tracking how good/bad you feel like your form was)

"GMBs" are the sounds you make when you try to hold a sneeze in and fail.

"RPT/RPEs" are the sounds you make when you ate beans last night:)

Heh.  Or it could be this. :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Are you doing the actual GMB program? If so which one? I was thinking about it, but it's so expensive and I don't have equipment.

No, though I've purchased both P1 and R1 and would recommend either.  Everything is well thought out and explained and they are both really solid/good programs. If you're interested in a good introduction to the parallettes or rings and desire a kind of overall strength and fitness... they're definitely worth the money.

I'm trying to accomplish some really specific goals, however, and I'm focusing on exercises that lead to the accomplishment of those goals in the most direct route possible (and only those exercises).

WOLVERINE'S ALL NEW AND IMPROVED(?) RPE/RPT SCALE

• Rated Perceived Effort

​E1: Light

E2: Light Moderate

E3: Moderate

E4: Moderate Heavy

E5: Heavy

• Rated Perceived Technique

T1: Horrible

T2: Bad

T3: Okay

T4: Good

T5: Perfect

A combination of effort level and technique level will decide whether or not I move up or down (by adding weight or changing progressions) in an exercise.

WEDNESDAY'S BW ROUTINE

• Warmup

• Hold / Plank Circuit: 35 sec. each

• Tuck Planche: 5 / 5 / 6 / 5 / 4 sec., E4/T3

*Stay at 5 sec. holds x 5 sets for now

• PB V-sit: 4 / 5 / 5 / 2 (fell) / 7 sec. @ 45 degrees, E4/T3

*Stay at 5 sec. holds x 5 sets for now

• Ring Tuck Back Lever: 5 / 6 / 8 / 6 / 11 sec., E2/T3

*Increase to 10 sec. holds x 5 sets

• Ring Tuck Inverted Row Chin-up: 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3, E2/T4

*Increase to 5 reps x 5 sets or switch to straight up tuck inverted rows.

• Pistol Squat: 20 lb. x 4RL / 3RL / 3RL / 3RL / 2RL, E4/T2

*Crappy-ass form.

• Cooldown

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Ya know... you say you look at my thread and think about the crazy stuff I do that you haven't heard of yet...

Well, bubba, I am trying to keep up with your epicness! You have great workouts sir!

Want to trade off? I'll let ya borrow my battle rope if you let me borrow your rings????

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines