Ranger Chat

nightlight

The easiest way I've found to upload from my phone is to use tapatalk .do you use a program or the web? Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

And here is where my tech ignorance shines through.  I do not know what tapatalk is and I am not sure what you are asking (program vs web) :(

I'm on an iphone if that makes any difference

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

So, I haz the tapatalk.  Now....how do I apply it to the Rebellion page?

(using the Andriod version, if it matters.)

(also, I'm an idiot.)

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

So, I haz the tapatalk.  Now....how do I apply it to the Rebellion page?

(using the Andriod version, if it matters.)

(also, I'm an idiot.)

Alright, supposing that the versions have similar interfaces - 

Launching the app for the first time should bring you to a "network" tab.  That lists various categories of forums that you could browse and find a forum that you'd like.  But, you already have Nerd Fitness!

So, go to the search tab - and search "NerdFitness."

A link to the NerdFitnessRebellion should come up.  Follow it and sign in with your normal credentials.  Once you are there, you should be able to see unread threads, threads you participated in, or all of them. 

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

WOW - It seems there are many of us moving from Adventurer to Ranger this Challenge - myself included!! So happy to be in such good company :)

I have a question if people wouldn't mind... I posted this on my day 1 update too so feel free to answer it there if you'd like... How should I feel a day after a good workout with weights? I'm somewhat new to this and while I felt like I was working hard last night, this morning I'm not sore at all! I feel like I should be at least a little bit sore if I'm working hard.... whats the rule on this?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to an AWESOME challenge here!!

Goddess Scout Level 5

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 13 | STA: 8 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 10

All it takes for evil to triumph in this world is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Make yourself happy without hurting others, then help others to be happy without hurting yourself.

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Bertrand Russell

Previous Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Talia's Quest to run the TC Marathon v2.0

Run Tracking

WOW - It seems there are many of us moving from Adventurer to Ranger this Challenge - myself included!! So happy to be in such good company :)

I have a question if people wouldn't mind... I posted this on my day 1 update too so feel free to answer it there if you'd like... How should I feel a day after a good workout with weights? I'm somewhat new to this and while I felt like I was working hard last night, this morning I'm not sore at all! I feel like I should be at least a little bit sore if I'm working hard.... whats the rule on this?

I think it really depends on what you did last night and what you have been doing prior to. I don't get next day aches from lifting anymore but I have been doing it for quite a while. That being  said if you have been getting  stronger/kick ass doing BW lifts while you aren't adding weight you are still working the muscle so I wouldn't worry about not being "sore". The way I can tell if a workout was good is if I leave the gym sweating/tired. If you leave feeling like that was all I could do for those exercises today then you did what you had planned. If not then next time just up your weight and go hard the next workout. Also if you drink a ton of water during a workout it helps alleviate that sore feeling the next few days. 

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Sometimes, after really hard workouts, I won't feel it until 2 days later.  And lemme tell you, those are a real delight.  :P

Really though, don't worry too much about it.  As long as you feel like you're working hard, you're probably making progress.  As you gain in confidence and find your groove, you'll lean how to dial in your intensity as needed.  Keep plugging away, and you'll do great!  :)

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

Alright, supposing that the versions have similar interfaces - 

Launching the app for the first time should bring you to a "network" tab.  That lists various categories of forums that you could browse and find a forum that you'd like.  But, you already have Nerd Fitness!

So, go to the search tab - and search "NerdFitness."

A link to the NerdFitnessRebellion should come up.  Follow it and sign in with your normal credentials.  Once you are there, you should be able to see unread threads, threads you participated in, or all of them. 

Aha!  Many thanks!  I was looking for "nerd fitness rebellion".  NerdFitness came right up.  Thanks again!  :D

whoop! whoop!

Can't wait to get started on mini-challenges!

There will be sacrificial meat??? *piles wood up for a bonfire and grabs a knife and fork* I'm all ready!!

Will the mini-challenges be pinned so they'll be on the first page? I'd hate to miss them.

Spoiler

“Little by little, one travels farâ€
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Level 2 Lycan
Adventurer at heart, training with the Rangers
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 1|WIS 3|CHA 1
Reyna's Return I Current Challenge: Reyna's Run I Blog

Hiya Rangers, I'm back. After failing a couple challenges, missing one, starting over in the RP and going back to Adventurers; I'm here! Just commenting to sub to the thread.

Link to my challenge is in sig (when I get it updated).

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

As someone else said I think... I only get sore if I'm just starting to work out... say it's been a couple weeks/months since the last time you exercised. Then I get sore for the first week or so. If I start a new exercise that is way more difficult or uses different muscles than I'm used to, I will also get sore (like when I finally got deadlifts right... boy did I feel that the next day in my lower back and sides. Muscle soreness, not like a backache). If I've been at it for awhile, say a few weeks after getting into exercising, then I don't get sore anymore. The next day I usually feel fine, no soreness or stiffness. The day of lifting weights my muscles will sometimes still be fatigued hours later (like if I try to pick up something heavy my arms/shoulders/back/chest -- whatever I worked -- will tremble and feel weakened).

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Newbie and already so excited about all the positivity and "go-get-em" attitudes. There has not been much support in "real" life, so now after a year and a half of failed diets, I'm so glad to find some online support that is going in the right direction. :)

Thought I'd pop in and say hi! I'm migrating from being an Assassin to being a Ranger this challenge, as the focus of my work outs change. It seems like you guys have a great community here and I can't wait to become a part of it!

Hello there :)

Great that you decided to join the Rangers. Rangers are great! Hopefully you'll have pleasent stay :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Sure will! They will be pinned on the main ranger page with most likely a link here in chat :)

Looking forward to that!

On an unrelated issue: Do I need to join a new Accountabilibuddie group for this challenge? The Spreadsheet still shows my name in the old. Also, does my group need to have a thread?

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

I think it really depends on what you did last night and what you have been doing prior to. I don't get next day aches from lifting anymore but I have been doing it for quite a while. That being  said if you have been getting  stronger/kick ass doing BW lifts while you aren't adding weight you are still working the muscle so I wouldn't worry about not being "sore". The way I can tell if a workout was good is if I leave the gym sweating/tired. If you leave feeling like that was all I could do for those exercises today then you did what you had planned. If not then next time just up your weight and go hard the next workout. Also if you drink a ton of water during a workout it helps alleviate that sore feeling the next few days. 

Excellent - I'm good then. I always leave feeling like I'm exhausted and I can hardly lift my arms! I am still getting used to the sweating - I NEVER used to sweat at all when I ran - that all changed when I finally started adding weight training. It can take 20-30 min to sweat hard when running - but after like 10 min of lifting I'm drenched! Clearly its doing something ;) lol I drink a ton of water too - I had no idea that made it better later! THANKS for the help!!!

Sometimes, after really hard workouts, I won't feel it until 2 days later.  And lemme tell you, those are a real delight.   :tongue:

Really though, don't worry too much about it.  As long as you feel like you're working hard, you're probably making progress.  As you gain in confidence and find your groove, you'll lean how to dial in your intensity as needed.  Keep plugging away, and you'll do great!   :)

Thanks Knight! I'll watch out for the 2 day thing :) Only time I've felt that what when I slipped on the ice a few weeks ago and fell down the front steps of my house..... next day wasn't too bad but day two I could hardly move in the morning! Hopefully I never ever feel that again  :nightmare:

Goddess Scout Level 5

All it takes for evil to triumph in this world is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Make yourself happy without hurting others, then help others to be happy without hurting yourself.

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Bertrand Russell

Run Tracking

Excellent - I'm good then. I always leave feeling like I'm exhausted and I can hardly lift my arms! I am still getting used to the sweating - I NEVER used to sweat at all when I ran - that all changed when I finally started adding weight training. It can take 20-30 min to sweat hard when running - but after like 10 min of lifting I'm drenched! Clearly its doing something ;) lol I drink a ton of water too - I had no idea that made it better later! THANKS for the help!!!

That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I sweat like crazy when I run, I don't start breaking a sweat doing weights until over halfway through and even then I just end up a little damp, not dripping like when I'm running.

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I sweat like crazy when I run, I don't start breaking a sweat doing weights until over halfway through and even then I just end up a little damp, not dripping like when I'm running.

That IS funny! I have to say - now the the more I lift the more I sweat when I run too. Used to be I'd run for an hour or more before I'd break a sweat - now its just 20-30 min and if I'm doing really hard intervals it can be less. Not that I'm complaining - things are obviously working! Kinda like being sore - I guess its different for everyone :)

Goddess Scout Level 5

Run Tracking

Is it too early to start chanting for mini-challenges? (You know... EN-CORE, EN-CORE with lots of shouting and stomping... except MI-NI CHALLENGES MI-NI CHALLENGES)

don't worry. you've been heard! your guild leaders are working on mini challenges. :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Is it too early to start chanting for mini-challenges? (You know... EN-CORE, EN-CORE with lots of shouting and stomping... except MI-NI CHALLENGES MI-NI CHALLENGES)

I was thinking the same thing, mini challenges sound ace :)

Level 3 Barbarian Ranger

Str 9.5, Dex 6, Sta 6, Con 8.5, Wis 7.5, Cha 3

"On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam, and the home of the wolf shall be my home"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines