Bigm's Bull in a China Shop Challenge

bigm141414

Hooooooollleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee crap. I came here looking for some Bigm pics and did I find them! You got nothin' to be shy about there, boy! Nice adonis line you're sporting ;)

Good luck with your challenge. I'll miss you in the warriors guild but I see you're still posting, so I can't miss you that much :D

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I had thoughts... but I lost them... 

oh, how do we do that spoiler tag thing?

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I was also thinking about scooting over to the assassins this challenge.  I have all the advantages for barbell lifting (short, heavy) but basically only my shortness going for me in bodyweight stuff.  So I tend to gravitate towards warriordom.  But hanging from things is just so much fun.

Anyways, I'm really interested to see what you think of the GMB series.  I've thought about buying a series, but it's sooooo expensive, and I'm really still working on basic bodyweight stuff like pull ups and push ups, so just didn't seem worth it at this point.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

The bar path for my squat is 6'4" long. Moving 345lbs that far is a lot of power. DL ROM is 23inches for me.

That's rediculous and explains it all. With my stubby legs I think my two ROMs are probably wihtin 12" of each other.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

OH yeah, my other thoughts were about the squat/dead discrepancy.  My dead has long been ahead of my squat.  Can I blame it on being tallish? :P 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hooooooollleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee crap. I came here looking for some Bigm pics and did I find them! You got nothin' to be shy about there, boy! Nice adonis line you're sporting ;)

Good luck with your challenge. I'll miss you in the warriors guild but I see you're still posting, so I can't miss you that much :D

*...blushes....*

I'll be back.

I had thoughts... but I lost them... 

oh, how do we do that spoiler tag thing?

it's [spolier ] [ /spoiler] without the spaces in the brackets. If you forget the thrid button from the left on the top row of the editor (Special BBC Code) lists it :)

I was also thinking about scooting over to the assassins this challenge.  I have all the advantages for barbell lifting (short, heavy) but basically only my shortness going for me in bodyweight stuff.  So I tend to gravitate towards warriordom.  But hanging from things is just so much fun.

Anyways, I'm really interested to see what you think of the GMB series.  I've thought about buying a series, but it's sooooo expensive, and I'm really still working on basic bodyweight stuff like pull ups and push ups, so just didn't seem worth it at this point.

So far I really like the programming and mentallity of GMB. The progressions are decent, the scheduling as well. Plus it comes with tutorial videos of every single move. Als othe great thing is once you buy a series if they ever update any of hte material (programming, progression charts, videos) you get it for free. Stick around my thread and you'll get a sense of what the programming is like. :)

That's rediculous and explains it all. With my stubby legs I think my two ROMs are probably wihtin 12" of each other.

Yeah, So to get up out of the hole for me is a little over 38inches (so 6'4" down and up) of travel so  delta of 15 inches. Still a long way to go with a lotta weight. 

Yay bigm pics!

I blame you for my blushing and beet redness :P 

OH yeah, my other thoughts were about the squat/dead discrepancy.  My dead has long been ahead of my squat.  Can I blame it on being tallish? :tongue:

Heh, sure. Mine is just so far ahead because I lurve dead lifst like little puppies. A lot. :D 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm with the others, heck yeah for you overcoming shyness to post pics. Awesome. And that video is ridiculously cool - I keep thinking I want to try slacklining sometime...

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Hey BigM,

So, I was going to write this one way, but looking over your posts, I think I need to change that. I saw your 495# video, and, well... it got me motivated. So, thank you! (The gauntlet thing is just for fun)

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23936-book-search-for-serenity-log/?view=findpost&p=428229

BigM if I had a body like yours, I wouldn't be shy at all.... err in front of a mirror >.>

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Teh abs are hiding again.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Is it odd that all the comments in here make me think of that scene right after Captain America steps out of the pod and the British lady is hesitantly touching his abs? (yeah, I couldn't find a gif for that one)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Is it odd that all the comments in here make me think of that scene right after Captain America steps out of the pod and the British lady is hesitantly touching his abs? (yeah, I couldn't find a gif for that one)

Reminds me of The Axe Effect,

500 / 330 / 625

Hey BigM,

So, I was going to write this one way, but looking over your posts, I think I need to change that. I saw your 495# video, and, well... it got me motivated. So, thank you! (The gauntlet thing is just for fun)

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23936-book-search-for-serenity-log/?view=findpost&p=428229

Yay! Glad to help you get back to it buddy. Just watched the video and that is awe inspiring. Well done! 

BigM if I had a body like yours, I wouldn't be shy at all.... err in front of a mirror >.>

Oh yeah me and the mirror are not shy at all. At all.....

Teh abs are hiding again.

It was winter. They went into hibernation.

Reminds me of The Axe Effect,

I tell ya, nerds be tripping about pics. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

On chat today, bigm was like "Catspaw, you just do drive-by postings these days, you don't actually love anyone anymore" or something at least something to that effect.  I may be paraphrasing.

And then I was like "well that's certainly an unacceptable reputation to be garnering, since I most certainly do love people still.  Or, if not people, at least steak.  And that counts for something!" so I decided to post something rambling on his thread, here, to make up for my lax posting everywhere else on the forum.

Maybe I'll just tell everyone a story that doesn't go anywhere, like the time that bigm went to go get thai food.

"I think I'll have some thai food," bigm said one day.

And everyone around him was like, "who the hell is that guy and why is he talking to himself?" and moved seats, cuz he was in the middle of a movie theatre just talking to himself, and it's a good idea to get some distance from people like that.  Fortunately, the movie hadn't started yet, so switching seats wasn't too awkward for the people who had been previously sitting close to bigm.  Some movie trailers had begun, but the lights hadn't dimmed.  It wasn't the official movie trailers, it was those other movie ads that they show when the lights are still on, and interspersed with maybe trivia about actors and car commercials and things like that.

Anyway, the movie not-quite-trailer-yet trailer that was playing had a scene where two characters were in a chinese food restaurant talking to each other, and bigm saw that scene and that's what made himself say to himself: "I think I'll have some thai food".

Now at first, this might seem that bigm is a stupid texan who doesn't know the difference between chinese cuisine and thai cuisine, and is just lumping all asian cuisine into one giant "things with soy sauce on rice" cuisine pile.  But this is actually not the case.  The people on screen were eating teochew style fried rice noodles which was brought south to thailand via the thai chinese expats and is now a popular thai dish, so it made sense that his brain connected them.

Unfortunately he was now hungry for thai food and had to sit alone through an entire movie, including all of the trailers, and one false-start because the surround sound for the theatre wasn't working properly and they had to stop the movie and wait while someone reset the sound system and then rewatch all the trailers again which was total fucking bullshit and why haven't these people heard of fast forward?

Once the movie ended, bigm grabbed the sack of gold that he carried with him at all times, and his jaunty chapeau named Clarksdale, and headed to his favorite thai restaurant in search of some thai basil chicken.

When he got to his car in the movie theatre parking lot, though, he discovered that his car keys wouldn't unlock the car.  He tried once.  Twice.  He tried jiggling them, the way that his house keys sometimes required.  He tried not shoving them in quite as deeply into the lock groove, and he tried pushing them more deeply.  Nothing worked.

"Oh seriously?!" bigm exclaimed, "This is some fucking bullshit."  bigm has quite the crass mouth on him when he gets pissed off.

"Excuse me," said a voice behind him.  bigm turned around to see an old woman standing there, but he didn't judge her as useless or frail because it's unfair to look down upon the elderly when they've had more life experience than you.  "Why are you breaking into my car?" she asked.

That's when bigm remembered that he'd parked closer to the Chilis restaurant on the other side of the parking lot, and not up close to the theatre like he normally did.  Oops.

bigm apologized profusely, but the old woman knocked him down and stole his sack of gold, and stepped on Clarksdale, ruining the brim that bigm had worked so hard to get so, so right.  And then she drove off.

bigm put Clarksdale back on his head, wondering to himself why his hat's name got a capital letter when he didn't get one, and as he walked back to his car, he wondered how he was going to buy thai food now that he lost his sack of gold.  "Lost" was a polite way of saying "was totally robbed by an old lady, not that we're saying that the elderly are incapable of feats of strength like mugging, we just don't know what her name was because she never said cuz she was too busy kicking bigm in the shins for trying to steal her car".

He unlocked his car, his real car this time, and sat inside, wondering about his monetary situation.  "Maybe they'll let me buy some thai basil beef on layaway," he considered.  bigm liked to talk out loud to himself a lot, which was kinda weird.

So he drove to the thai food place, parked, and walked inside.

"Ahhhh, Mr. 141414," the korean owner exclaimed happily as bigm walked inside.  "Welcome, welcome."  He was a regular and well-known within the restaurant.  bigm, not the owner.  The owner was clearly also well known inside his own restaurant, but not for the same reasons.  He was well known for his ability to open jars that were otherwise stuck.

"I have some bad news," bigm said apologetically.  "I lost my sack of gold."

"Oh no," the owner said, shaking his head.  "That is bad news."  The owner was a big fan of being paid in gold bouillons, which was the official currency of texas after they discovered that paying for things in ziploc bags full of oil was just messy.  Man, if you don't close those things properly, and one of the "clicks" doesn't quite click right, you just get black oil all over yourself and everything you touch.  And that stuff doesn't come off.  It's like that black-goo-spitting dinosaur from jurassic park attacked you.  Remember him?  He's the one who killed the fat nerd who was trying to steal the DNA.  Yeah, you know the one I mean.

"Is there some other way I can pay?" bigm asked.

"Do you have sacks of oil?" the owner asked.  bigm shook his head.  "Well," the owner said, "you could work for food."

bigm agreed, and the owner sent him into the kitchen.  There, two kitchen staff who may or may not have been mexican -- they looked mexican and spoke spanish to each other, but we're not saying that people who look mexican and speak spanish and work in the kitchen are necessarily mexican, because that's racist -- showed bigm how to make thai basil chicken.

They used this recipe: this is a link. If you click on it, your browser will direct you away from this story towards some entirely different page, which is probably for the best.  But you need to move your mouse to click on it, you can't just touch it.  Unless you're on a touch screen.  I mean, you can touch it.  It won't prevent you from touching it, but it won't redirect you.

And bigm was like, "wow, this is really easy to make.  Why the hell have I been spending good gold nuggets on buying thai food from a restaurant when I can just make my own?"

And from that day on, he made his own thai food, and lived happily ever after.

Until next week when he was like "god I could use some thai food" and really didn't feel like cooking.  He still lived happily ever after then, he just wasn't exclusively making his own thai food.  These things, the happily ever after living, and the thai food at home making, were actually independent conclusions.

The end.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Firstly, you have an extremely Tolkeinish way of writing that I vastly enjoy.

Secondly, now I want some Thai food damnit.

Thirdly, I once put my car keys into a car, unlocked it, got in, and drove about 1/4 mile before realizing it was not my car due to various inconsistancies (they had taken the radio face off which I never did for one). It turns out they only make 5-12 different keys for each model year and they are sometimes the same for a few years. You have about a 10% chance of actually being able to drive someone else's car if it is the same make and model, depending on these key making habits. I drove the car back, parking in the same spot, and went about my day in my actual car.

500 / 330 / 625

No. Catspaw wins the internet.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines