Milythael - Two Steps Backwards - Three Steps Ahead

milythael

Paleo on $50 a Week (Con - 2, Sta - 2, Wis - 1)

I gave myself a pass on this for one week because of my trip to Phoenix. I completed this with flying colors for 4 of the remaining 5 weeks. I started this two weeks before the challenge, and while I didn't hit 100% compliance, I still think I more than earned an A. I'm really pleased with how well I've done changing my diet and how much beter I feel already. A- (Con - 2, Sta - 2, Wis - 1)

Miles on Bike (Wis - 1, Con - 1, Sta - 1)

I completely bailed on this goal. F (no stats)

Gold Medal Mily (Str - 2, Dex - 2, Sta - 1)

I gave up on Foundation 7, but picked up with Floor One with Kibcy. I managed 3 weeks out of 6. C (Str - 1, Dex - 1, Sta - 0.5)

Hug a Day (Cha - 2)

I did great at this the first two weeks. I did terribly after that. I'm still committed to hugs, but I never interacted with people in Louisville. D (Cha - 0.5)

I participated in 2 of the 6 assassin mini-challenges. Stat points forthcoming.

I also completed 42 Days of my apprenticeship for the Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen (HOoRAY for short.) This is probably the accomplishment I'm most proud of from this challenge.

It is surreal how much your life can change in 6 weeks. I have formed and cemented friendships that I think will last a lifetime. I visited a friend in Phoenix and barely a month later, I'm sitting in the airport waiting for the plane that will take me there for good. I got a job offer and accepted a position. I'm leaving 90% or more of my belongings behind and moving towards a more streamlined, minimalist lifestyle. I can feel changes happening in my mind and soul that will have lasting implications for the rest of my life. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I am honored and inspired by the people who are sharing in my journey. I'd rather not cry in the airport, so I'll wrap up here, but thank you so much, each and every one of you who have supported me, shown me love and concern, and been my inspirations. I love you all and I couldn't have done this without you.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:
Intro, 123, 4567, 8 9 10 Current
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,

Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

You're a rockstar Mily!!! It's been a fun ride by your side this 6 weeks.

It's been an honor to enjoy so much interaction with you.

I wish you all the best on your new adventure and you've done great things these 6 weeks!!!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Paleo on $50 a Week (Con - 2, Sta - 2, Wis - 1)

I gave myself a pass on this for one week because of my trip to Phoenix. I completed this with flying colors for 4 of the remaining 5 weeks. I started this two weeks before the challenge, and while I didn't hit 100% compliance, I still think I more than earned an A. I'm really pleased with how well I've done changing my diet and how much beter I feel already. A- (Con - 2, Sta - 2, Wis - 1)

Miles on Bike (Wis - 1, Con - 1, Sta - 1)

I completely bailed on this goal. F (no stats)

Gold Medal Mily (Str - 2, Dex - 2, Sta - 1)

I gave up on Foundation 7, but picked up with Floor One with Kibcy. I managed 3 weeks out of 6. C (Str - 1, Dex - 1, Sta - 0.5)

Hug a Day (Cha - 2)

I did great at this the first two weeks. I did terribly after that. I'm still committed to hugs, but I never interacted with people in Louisville. D (Cha - 0.5)

I participated in 2 of the 6 assassin mini-challenges. Stat points forthcoming.

I also completed 42 Days of my apprenticeship for the Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen (HOoRAY for short.) This is probably the accomplishment I'm most proud of from this challenge.

It is surreal how much your life can change in 6 weeks. I have formed and cemented friendships that I think will last a lifetime. I visited a friend in Phoenix and barely a month later, I'm sitting in the airport waiting for the plane that will take me there for good. I got a job offer and accepted a position. I'm leaving 90% or more of my belongings behind and moving towards a more streamlined, minimalist lifestyle. I can feel changes happening in my mind and soul that will have lasting implications for the rest of my life. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I am honored and inspired by the people who are sharing in my journey. I'd rather not cry in the airport, so I'll wrap up here, but thank you so much, each and every one of you who have supported me, shown me love and concern, and been my inspirations. I love you all and I couldn't have done this without you.

Great job. There were ups and there were downs but you persevered and made it to the other side which is absolutely fantastic!! I hope you love Phoenix and your new job :)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

I walked twice today, walking 6.83 miles in 1:43:54 (ish), at 8:00 AM, and walking 6.32 miles in 1:53:35, at 1:15 PM. And, for those who aren't fond of doing math, that means I walked 13.15 miles, over half a marathon, today, just because.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:
Intro, 123, 4567, 8 9 10 Current
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,

Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I walked twice today, walking 6.83 miles in 1:43:54 (ish), at 8:00 AM, and walking 6.32 miles in 1:53:35, at 1:15 PM. And, for those who aren't fond of doing math, that means I walked 13.15 miles, over half a marathon, today, just because.

YAY!!  :applause:

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Dude you rock! Enjoy Phoenix! Go North, too it's awesome! I really love wandering around Jerome, and the mountains in Flagstaff are full of amazingness. Congrats on the willingness and ability to change. Those two things will take you everywhere.

tl;dr I give free hugs.

"So we grew up believing no one would ever fall in love with us, that we'd be lonely forever."

Shane Koyczan - To This Day Project

When I was a young boy, my parents confronted me on the stairs of our two story duplex in base housing on Chanute AFB in Rantoul, IL. They accused me of being on drugs, and they wouldn't believe that I wasn't. That was the moment that I realized my parents didn't have the answers. I was a depressed child. I was already an outcast at school. No one appreciated a child with no history, and too much self confidence and intelligence for his own good. I wasn't precocious or cute. I was an alien, an outsider, and a threat. When faced with a depressed son, my parents assumed drugs, not alienation and bullying, were the culprit.

By this time, I was already an avid reader. I had read the lord of the rings twice. I read every day. When my parents grounded me for an entire summer, I was allowed library access and read all of the Hardy boys, and I had access to my parents' collection of paperbacks. As I rejected my parents as a source of moral guidance, I turned to the impossibly high standards of literature. I demanded perfect chivalry of myself to the extent that I let a girl give me a black eye rather than hit a girl. I believed that to be good, you had to be unaware of your goodness. (Thanks, Piers Anthony. You didn't mean to do it, but I still haven't fully recovered from that one. ) I grew up and developed impossibly high standards for myself that I could never live up to.

With every move, I became more separated from my peers. My rage at myself and the world grew and grew, but I bottled it up inside. I lived in constant terror of a slip of my self control that might leave someone dead. I had once nearly broken a boy's neck with a flying kick when he just wouldn't stop picking fights with me. That was when my parents' policy on fighting went from "you can finish it if you didn't start it" to "you can finish it once you've been hurt."

Rage, disappointment, shame (yeah, imagine how puberty went in those circumstances), all bottled up together in a seething brew just perfect for tormenting an introvert's soul. I was always the brunt of the joke, never accepted, an intellectual terror to teachers and students alike.

So, yeah, I grew up believing no one would ever fall in love with me. That I would forever be lonely. And the remarkable power of belief was such that I made it happen. Until one day, the sky cracked. My aching dead heart came to life, and I was faced for the first time in my life with the raw maddening power of love. It cannot be accurate to say I had less than an affair, but how many affairs never involve sex?

I am 41 years old and I have never lain with a woman I loved. I am lonely and hurting. I sabotage myself as often as not. But, I am not done. This is not over. There is still a chance that "they were wrong."

I am 41 years old and I stand here on a precipice, heralding in a new life. I cannot imagine the texture and content of the years ahead, but there will be bountiful love.

I am 41 years old. I give free hugs.

I dont even have the words for this <3 

Mily, your story, despite being incredibly sad is, somehow beautiful and I believe, from the very bottom of my heart, that they were wrong. They were wrong. You have everything it takes and more to be loved. You deserve to be loved. You will be loved.

She was right you know? 

people are.... flawed

and sometimes parents (who are people) are flawed as well... 

and they screw up... and it sucks... and as a parent I can only hope I don't screw up as much as my parents did... 

and as a child... I can forgive my parents and move past... and only hope my children forgive me more than I forgave my parents... 

one of the things I am dealing with now is my loneliness... the feeling that I will never be loved and no one will ever want to kiss me again... the feeling that I will be alone for the rest of my life... 

but I have learned something... I am an intrinsically good person... I am beautiful... I am lovable... and one day I will find love... and when I do it will be hard work... because people are flawed... but... I will find someone who will work just as hard as I will... 

you are an intrinsically good person... you are beautiful... you are very lovable... and one day you will find love... 

smart Yoda is 

Every time, you touch me. I am worthy of love, even if it has taken me forty years to figure it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

You are worthy of so much good, I am glad you see it now :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

mygysy4a.jpga8y2ejaj.jpg Here's a couple... but it's hard from my phone... and I can't figure out how to upload the video... so once I wake up I'll go on the regular computer and email it to you or something... I just don't know how to do video with tapatalk... but the plank on a plank was cool :) Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

best.pics.ever

this was the day before my world changed forever...because of you <3 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines