PvS - The Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen

In the past, I've fought against negative self talk.  I've struggled to apply affirmations to my life.  My self esteem has taken a beating.  The thing is, even on my good days, acknowledging my positive attributes is still a challenge. Also, I'm not alone in finding this difficult.

---------

I hereby establish the Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen, titles and benefits to be announced at a later date.  Membership in the Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen is dependent upon completing a rigorous apprenticeship wherein the applicant must demonstrate accurate and honest self appraisal for the duration of a challenge.  The apprenticeship program is transparent and public that the members of the rebellion may come to trust our skills and judgement.  To complete the apprenticeship and earn promotion to journeyman, the supplicant appraiser must post something positive about themselves to this thread each day of the challenge.  Each post should contain an honest and positive self appraisal that has not previously been used by the supplicant during their apprenticeship.

I look forward to joining you in this our inaugural challenge.

---------

Updated 2014-05-02

Detailed progression of HOoRAY Ranks:

Level 1: Apprentice Yeoman

You are an apprentice the day you start your apprenticeship.  As an apprentice, it is your assignment to complete 42 positive self reflections over at least 42 days, and to post them here on the HOoRAY thread.  Once completed, you are officially promoted to Journeyman.

Level 2: Journeyman Yeoman

You are a journeyman once you have completed your apprenticeship and been officially promoted.  As a journeyman, you may choose to continue with your positive self reflections, but it isn't required.  When you feel ready, you may begin your Journeyman project.  For your journeyman project, you should post 42 positive statements for others on their threads with a link to the HOoRAY thread, and post links to those comments here on the HOoRAY thread.  This will spread the positive word, create visibility for HOoRAY, and potentially inspire others to begin the HOoRAY journey.  Again, this should be completed over at least 42 days.  Once completing the journeyman project, you are officially promoted to HOoRAY Master.

Level 3: Master Yeoman

You are a Master once you have completed your Journeyman Project and been officially promoted.  As a master in the Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen, it is time to spread the message of positive will towards self and others outside the Rebellion.  You should give kind words to those outside of NF, spread the word of positive self reflection outside of NF, and report those activities here.

• Like 5

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

This will fit in nicely with my no complaining challenge! I'm in.

Nice adjunct challenge.  Glad to have you.

I'm in. Time to make sure there's at least one sunny spot in my clouds every day.

When the sunshine is you, the weather is always beautiful.  Welcome aboard.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

This is very lovely! What a great idea... I want to cheer from the sidelines (is that allowed?) because while this is not something I currently struggle with, I have been there. Negative self talk is a tough habit to break but it IS VERY POSSIBLE! I'm living proof of it.

(Also I'd like to say that your order name spells out the word HOORAY :D )

• Like 2

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

http://www.acomplaintfreeworld.org/  It's basically training yourself to be a complaint free person.

So awesome.  I sense a future challenge.

This is very lovely! What a great idea... I want to cheer from the sidelines (is that allowed?) because while this is not something I currently struggle with, I have been there. Negative self talk is a tough habit to break but it IS VERY POSSIBLE! I'm living proof of it.

(Also I'd like to say that your order name spells out the word HOORAY :D )

Of course cheering is allowed.  And, you don't say.  I wonder how that happened?

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I'm starting early, well, because I can.

•  I love that I inspire people. This is the greatest honor, and by far the most humbling.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

1. I am smart.  I always have been.  It is a particular kind of smart made up almost entirely of intuition.  I usually don't work things out.  I just see them.  It makes me really good at thinking sideways.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

1. I have a crazy will power. If I decide I want to do something, no matter what you throw my way, it will be done.

That is such a great trait.

1. I have great hair. I get frustrated and I complain about it sometimes because it has a mind of it's own. But, honestly, I can't even imagine having straight hair! I love my hair.

You do have lovely hair. :)

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

1. I am smart.  I always have been.  It is a particular kind of smart made up almost entirely of intuition.  I usually don't work things out.  I just see them.  It makes me really good at thinking sideways.

This is the best kind of smart! Go Mily! :D

1. I have great hair. I get frustrated and I complain about it sometimes because it has a mind of it's own. But, honestly, I can't even imagine having straight hair! I love my hair.

I have to agree with Mily, your hair really is lovely :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6