PvS - The Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen

5. I get lost in ideas. Give me a fascinating problem, and I will be devoted to it until somebody interrupts me for something important. (Case in point, today I'm limiting myself to an hour of working on some hackenbush [it's a mathematical game] problems until I finish everything else I need to do. And then it'll be a reward for getting everything else done!)

I'm having a much better day today, and feel like myself again. Thanks for all the hugs!

5. I get lost in ideas. Give me a fascinating problem, and I will be devoted to it until somebody interrupts me for something important. (Case in point, today I'm limiting myself to an hour of working on some hackenbush [it's a mathematical game] problems until I finish everything else I need to do. And then it'll be a reward for getting everything else done!)

I'm having a much better day today, and feel like myself again. Thanks for all the hugs!

So, so happy to hear that your day is better! That's really wonderful! Honestly, don't hesitate to give me/us a shout if you need to be reminded how great, unique, amazing, fascinating a person you are.

I love today's trait, it's a really great and admirable one. It feels like you are such a passionate person, letting yourself be completely absorbed by something you find compelling, fascinating, wonderful without limits is really incredible! You have everything it takes to be a true genius! :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

I love this about you. Some would see your isolation as weakness, but I see it as the necessary self-husbandry to keep you strong and able to endure the world's pain while maintaining your beautiful spirit.

I also find the ways people treat each other to be incomprehensible. I cannot endure the willful creation of pain in others. It sometimes helps me to remember that every person is doing the absolute best they are capable of doing with their current understanding. This can give me the patience to continue to feel love for people who need it the most.

It's kinda like a form of self defense. I throw up a shield so people can't get too close to protect myself. 

You really are a kind person indeed! Very sweet!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

5. I have grown adventurous. While I may not always seek out new adventures, if someone approaches me and says "Hey, let's go do this." I'm probably going to say yes, even if it scares me. In the past few years, I've done several mud runs (the first one involving 36 degrees and crossing a waist high creek) and a high ropes course. Many people around me think I'm nuts  but I think it's cool and will probably do more as opportunities present themselves.

A sense of adventure is a wonderful thing. I've seen videos of you standing on your head and they made me smile. You are a shining example to your children.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Hackenbush is intriguing and I see it is a two player game. Where do you find your problems? How long did it take you to learn.

I love that you see getting lost in ideas as a good thing. It makes me like you even more, which is quite difficult a thing to achieve, as I already like you so much.

I'm really glad to hear you are back to feeling like yourself.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

6. I am confident in my knowledge and understanding. If I believe something, no amount of peer pressure will cause me to change my mind. This isn't to say that i am never wrong. Show me evidence that I am mistaken and I will freely and happily admit my error. But though I be one against the crowd, i will not change my opinion without evidence.

I have the confidence to say a book is wrong when I am only just learning a subject. I have the confidence to turn off auto correct because I know the rules of grammar better than it does. I had the confidence to stand alone against twenty peers in third grade English, and to face down eleven jurors in deliberating a murder trial.

I only wish I were as confident with my social interactions as i am with my intellectual ones.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Hackenbush is intriguing and I see it is a two player game. Where do you find your problems? How long did it take you to learn.

I love that you see getting lost in ideas as a good thing. It makes me like you even more, which is quite difficult a thing to achieve, as I already like you so much.

Aww, thanks!

I'm taking a combinatorial game theory course on Coursera, and this week was just a couple simple games. The professor posted some problems to work on (and I could always create more, if I get bored). At least the problems that I've looked at so far, it's possible to figure out--alone, no opponent required--what moves are and aren't optimal for each player, and who will win if player Left or player Right goes first (assuming both are playing optimally). It took me only a few minutes to learn how to play; depending on the problem, it takes me a couple minutes to awhile to figure out who's going to win.

Aww, thanks!

I'm taking a combinatorial game theory course on Coursera, and this week was just a couple simple games. The professor posted some problems to work on (and I could always create more, if I get bored). At least the problems that I've looked at so far, it's possible to figure out--alone, no opponent required--what moves are and aren't optimal for each player, and who will win if player Left or player Right goes first (assuming both are playing optimally). It took me only a few minutes to learn how to play; depending on the problem, it takes me a couple minutes to awhile to figure out who's going to win.

That sounds like a fun course. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

6. I am confident in my knowledge and understanding. If I believe something, no amount of peer pressure will cause me to change my mind. This isn't to say that i am never wrong. Show me evidence that I am mistaken and I will freely and happily admit my error. But though I be one against the crowd, i will not change my opinion without evidence.

I have the confidence to say a book is wrong when I am only just learning a subject. I have the confidence to turn off auto correct because I know the rules of grammar better than it does. I had the confidence to stand alone against twenty peers in third grade English, and to face down eleven jurors in deliberating a murder trial.

I only wish I were as confident with my social interactions as i am with my intellectual ones.

Being confident enough not to bow to peer pressure but only to evidence of being wrong is such a fantastic trait to have. And especially from a very young age! Wow! I had absolutely no confidence in myself when I was young, not even as a teenager...

And you will get more confident with your social interactions. You'll get there. It takes time, but eventually and without any doubt, you'll get to where you want to be. I believe in you.

6. I am a free spirit. I don't give any stock to tradition, etiquette or "you are supposed/expected to"s. I believe in being myself, no matter what. I don't do it to be defiant or spit in people's faces, I actually respect other people's choices and need to strictly follow etiquette. I understand that some people care about what society thinks of them. I don't. I will not wear a hat for a morning wedding if I don't feel like it. I will take my shoes off in the middle of the street if they pinch my feet and walk home barefooted. I will laugh whole heartedly in public, and openly disagree with a superior if they are wrong. I will never be disrespectful, not to anyone, but I will do what feels right to me.

I asked my husband to marry me, sat on my butt in a ugly and worn out pair of shorts and a very old tshirt. I told him that I'd love for us to elope and keep it a secret from everyone. So last July he wore a pair of jeans and I a short dress on the rooftop of a restaurant with 5 friends around us. We wrote the ceremony that incidentally had the officiant call us bozos (he really enjoyed that bit!) and included a "double crossed pinky swear" (the most powerful pinky swear in the universe) to seal the deal. I took off my heels the second the ceremony was over and I spent the rest of the afternoon walking barefoot in a very dusty Maltese city. We had the best day of our life. The next few days weren't as good though as we did ruffle a few feathers by not following "the protocol", some people (read my family) got very very angry but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm a free spirit, that's just who I am.

6. I am a free spirit. I don't give any stock to tradition, etiquette or "you are supposed/expected to"s. I believe in being myself, no matter what. I don't do it to be defiant or spit in people's faces, I actually respect other people's choices and need to strictly follow etiquette. I understand that some people care about what society thinks of them. I don't. I will not wear a hat for a morning wedding if I don't feel like it. I will take my shoes off in the middle of the street if they pinch my feet and walk home barefooted. I will laugh whole heartedly in public, and openly disagree with a superior if they are wrong. I will never be disrespectful, not to anyone, but I will do what feels right to me.

I asked my husband to marry me, sat on my butt in a ugly and worn out pair of shorts and a very old tshirt.

I admire this about you. You have the confidence to stand in front of history and be yourself. You have the integrity to be what you are, and unapollogetically be nothing else. Your husband is a lucky man, and must be something quite special to have caught your eye and your heart.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I admire this about you. You have the confidence to stand in front of history and be yourself. You have the integrity to be what you are, and unapollogetically be nothing else. Your husband is a lucky man, and must be something quite special to have caught your eye and your heart.

Thanks Mily! I don't know if it is an admirable quality, it has gotten me in quite a bit of trouble but I'd still rather have it this way than any other. It has taken me a long time to let go of society's pressure to conform. It is so engrained in every aspect of our lives that being different and not being able to express yourself truly is terribly frustrating and has you wonder why you are not normal. It is a daunting task to accept and love your difference and most importantly break free from all the expectations and pressures but it is so rewarding once you get there!

And you're right, he is quite special. He is an incredible person who I love more than I could ever say (and just as free spirited as I am!)

Thanks Mily! I don't know if it is an admirable quality, it has gotten me in quite a bit of trouble but I'd still rather have it this way than any other.

It is an admirable quality, so much so that you even listed it as something good about yourself. In a world where convenience and comfort have become the standard measuring sticks, where conformity is practically worshipped, you have the iron will to be yourself. Yes, it causes trouble, but so many things worth doing and being do.

• Like 1

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

It is an admirable quality, so much so that you even listed it as something good about yourself. In a world where convenience and comfort have become the standard measuring sticks, where conformity is practically worshipped, you have the iron will to be yourself. Yes, it causes trouble, but so many things worth doing and being do.

*huge insanely tight hug*

6. I am strong minded. From a young age I had my own convictions, formed my own opinions, despite what was around me. I came through so much dysfunction as a child but still managed to decide on my own, "This is not right."  I broke the cycle. I am still amazed I came through it all without more damage. I use my brain and think about things before I form my opinions, which I honestly feel is somewhat of a rarity in these times. I am not a sheep. And I love that part of me.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

6. I am strong minded. From a young age I had my own convictions, formed my own opinions, despite what was around me. I came through so much dysfunction as a child but still managed to decide on my own, "This is not right."  I broke the cycle. I am still amazed I came through it all without more damage. I use my brain and think about things before I form my opinions, which I honestly feel is somewhat of a rarity in these times. I am not a sheep. And I love that part of me.

I really admire you for breaking the cycle, not least because I had to too and know the strength it requires and the scars it leaves.

Strength of mind is an amazing quality to have, especially from very young. That's most certainly what led you to the other side without completely wrecking you and I'm very proud of you for that.

I've overcome the "disabilities" of ADHD. Though I suffered in my youth from lack of focus, overmedication and eventual banishment from my university due to low grades, I have used my own willpower to get off the medication, go back to school and fix my life. I managed a 4.0 gpa after that, was heralded as an excellent employee by high level managers at my job and managed to have 2 wonderful boys who aren't absolute heathens! Go me!

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

This is for all of you, you awesome people. 

:)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

I've overcome the "disabilities" of ADHD. Though I suffered in my youth from lack of focus, overmedication and eventual banishment from my university due to low grades, I have used my own willpower to get off the medication, go back to school and fix my life. I managed a 4.0 gpa after that, was heralded as an excellent employee by high level managers at my job and managed to have 2 wonderful boys who aren't absolute heathens! Go me!

Go you indeed! That is pretty incredible! Well done on having such a strong will power and turning your life around! I'm in awe!

Haikoo, people like you, who manage to change their future despite their past, give me hope for humanity in general. You, and what you have achieved are remarkable. I'm proud to have you as a friend.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

You have worked wonders in your life. You are a shining example of how to live well. Great job. Hugs.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler