PvS - The Honorable Order of Rebellious Appraising Yeomen

7. I am a consummate philosopher. I live every moment according to my personal philosophy. I never defer the responsibility for my choices to another power. I make plenty of mistakes and have my share of failings, but they are failings of weakness or fear, never of abdication.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

7. I am a consummate philosopher. I live every moment according to my personal philosophy. I never defer the responsibility for my choices to another power. I make plenty of mistakes and have my share of failings, but they are failings of weakness or fear, never of abdication.

You are an example for all of us Mily. If more people were like you, the world would be a much, much better place.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

7. I respected myself enough to cut my family off completely and keep it that way without feeling guilty or bad about it.

It would require hours of typing to explain the importance of that one and just how dysfunctional and horrible my family is. It would take months to explain how they consciously ruined my childhood, how they were oblivious to so many crucial things and sufferings that led me incredibly close to suicide when I was 15. It would take so much to explain all the ramifications of their behaviour, I actually still discover and remember a little bit more every day. But I cut them off, first my father, a year ago. Then my mother, in July. My sister and I have never been close so nothing has really changed in that aspect (since I moved out when I was 17 we would talk twice a year, at our respective birthdays to simply text, then facebook a simple "happy birthday") but I don't let our non-relationship affect me any more. My uncle, whom I thought was a great open-minded guy but who turned out to be as childish, petty and ridiculous as the others. It has taken me years to get to that point, years and years of talking about it every day, of crying because of it every day. But I did it. I took a stand for myself and I did it. Despite all the guilt-tripping, I still hold my grounds strong and firm and feel happier for it.

chris_de_maas: You cannot understand how much I respect you for this. Society demands that blood is thicker than water, but I have long believed family has no more right to our time and attention, not to mention our hearts than any stranger off the streets. You should feel no more obligated to family that injures you than to a mugger or arsonist. You are a shining example of the best a person can be, and I am proud of you for having the strength to protect yourself.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I missed yesterday, so here's two.

6. I an eager to share my knowledge.

7. I will never insult people. I may not like their choices and actions, but I never disparage the people.

Both of these show remarkable regard for others. To share your knowledge, you must value both the knowledge you have earned, and the people with whom you would share. And, insulting others is an incredibly easy crutch that allows us to reduce our personal feelings of responsibility towards others thus protecting ourselves from feeling bad on their behalf.

You are a genuine and warm person. Thanks for being one of us.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

chris_de_maas: You cannot understand how much I respect you for this. Society demands that blood is thicker than water, but I have long believed family has no more right to our time and attention, not to mention our hearts than any stranger off the streets. You should feel no more obligated to family that injures you than to a mugger or arsonist. You are a shining example of the best a person can be, and I am proud of you for having the strength to protect yourself.

Thank you so, so much Mily. It took me a very long time to understand but mostly accept that fact, as well as realise that if somebody does something nice for/to you once it doesn't give them a free pass on all the shit they put you through in the past and will put you through in the future. But I do now and embrace it. People around me don't understand it, they think of me as some kind of ungrateful person who's exaggerating it, but it doesn't matter. I know this was the best thing for me to do, I did it, stand by it and accept the consequences of it.

I missed yesterday, so here's two.

6. I an eager to share my knowledge.

7. I will never insult people. I may not like their choices and actions, but I never disparage the people.

You are such a caring and giving person! I respect you so much for the love and patience you have for other people.

This is another early one. I'm not sure I will have any time tomorrow.

8. I love like the water pouring over Niagara Falls. I have never met a person I couldn't love. I have met plenty I couldn't like, but not a one I couldn't love. And for those people who shine a ray of light into the world, my outpouring of love is irrepressible. There is still another category of a very select group of people who activate me, light my nerves on fire, who draw from me a love stronger and more irrepressible than the tides. I love freely. I love often. I love hard. And to those people who are dear to me, I love forever.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

8. I love like the water pouring over Niagara Falls. I have never met a person I couldn't love. I have met plenty I couldn't like, but not a one I couldn't love. And for those people who shine a ray of light into the world, my outpouring of love is irrepressible. There is still another category of a very select group of people who activate me, light my nerves on fire, who draw from me a love stronger and more irrepressible than the tides. I love freely. I love often. I love hard. And to those people who are dear to me, I love forever.

How can you have been told nobody would ever love you? I sincerely don't understand. You have the most heart warmingly beautiful and essential qualities I can think of.

Your love transpires in everything you do, and to everyone. You are generous, you care for people, you pay attention to your surroundings, you give free hugs to strangers even when you're done. You are such a special person.

How can you have been told nobody would ever love you? I sincerely don't understand. You have the most heart warmingly beautiful and essential qualities I can think of.

Your love transpires in everything you do, and to everyone. You are generous, you care for people, you pay attention to your surroundings, you give free hugs to strangers even when you're done. You are such a special person.

You really know how to touch my heart and bring a tear to my eye. I haven't always been the person I am today. Most of my essential qualities have remained the same, but my external expression of them differs now, from the past. I am re-inventing my life. I am learning to be myself, to accept no compromises, and to pursue what i cherish. Thank you for your encouragement. Heartfelt hugs.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

You really know how to touch my heart and bring a tear to my eye. I haven't always been the person I am today. Most of my essential qualities have remained the same, but my external expression of them differs now, from the past. I am re-inventing my life. I am learning to be myself, to accept no compromises, and to pursue what i cherish. Thank you for your encouragement. Heartfelt hugs.

You are the one in control, so have fun and design a life full of joy, honesty, laughter, craziness, love, hugs and beauty for yourself, one step at a time. I believe that you can build yourself a wonderful life and most importantly, I believe in you.

8. I am honest. I can't lie. I don't want to have to which is probably the reason why I can't; it is actually incredibly obvious when I do.

Along those lines, I will keep secrets for people who put their trust in me but I can't keep secrets from people, especially not the people I'm close to. I don't see a point, if you respect and love someone, just tell the truth and don't hide anything from them. No matter how much it might hurt them at that moment, it will hurt 10 thousand times more if they find out by someone else much later on that you have lied to them.

Sorry I haven't been responding to everyone. I've been more busy that I have been in a very long time. But, I'm feeling good today!

As for my thingie: I am very creative and am good at thinking outside the box. It's a quality that I've always cherished and I hope one day I can create something and maybe make some money off of it. (Hey, I can be practical too)

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

We need more love in the world. Thank you for being a part of it.

8. I am honest. I can't lie. I don't want to have to which is probably the reason why I can't; it is actually incredibly obvious when I do.

Along those lines, I will keep secrets for people who put their trust in me but I can't keep secrets from people, especially not the people I'm close to. I don't see a point, if you respect and love someone, just tell the truth and don't hide anything from them. No matter how much it might hurt them at that moment, it will hurt 10 thousand times more if they find out by someone else much later on that you have lied to them.

Such a great quality and an underrated one. Honesty is a virtue.

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

haven't been around for that past few days.... MIDTERMS!! yikes... I've been studying my but off  for my midterms this week.

Here is three!

6. I am great with languages! I and now in my second year of japanese and yea it's been hard but really fun! I am doing better than most people would and in the 202 class this year I'm 1 of 8 people who passed the 100 levels!

7. I am strong. Not just physically but mentally too. I some times observer the people around me (mostly family) and I realize that I can take on a whole lot more than most people. It takes longer for something to put me on edge or to hurt me at all!

8. I give my it my all! for the things I commit to I go at it 100% I complete what I started and I don't back out mid way.

I haven't been able to reply to you all! or even be on NF since Friday! But you are all awesome! :D and I'm glad to be a part of this!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Sorry I haven't been responding to everyone. I've been more busy that I have been in a very long time. But, I'm feeling good today!

As for my thingie: I am very creative and am good at thinking outside the box. It's a quality that I've always cherished and I hope one day I can create something and maybe make some money off of it. (Hey, I can be practical too)

Don't you be sorry! Do it when you can, if you feel like it. :)

Hope the business is welcome and you are enjoying it.

I love this quality so much. Obviously, being a designer I'm "a little" biased, but it's such a nice thing to be able to think outside the box and see the world in a different way. Good on you for that :D

What kind of stuff do you like to do? Anything in particular?

In any case, here's an obligatory *creative gals high five*

haven't been around for that past few days.... MIDTERMS!! yikes... I've been studying my but off  for my midterms this week.

Here is three!

6. I am great with languages! I and now in my second year of japanese and yea it's been hard but really fun! I am doing better than most people would and in the 202 class this year I'm 1 of 8 people who passed the 100 levels!

7. I am strong. Not just physically but mentally too. I some times observer the people around me (mostly family) and I realize that I can take on a whole lot more than most people. It takes longer for something to put me on edge or to hurt me at all!

8. I give my it my all! for the things I commit to I go at it 100% I complete what I started and I don't back out mid way.

I haven't been able to reply to you all! or even be on NF since Friday! But you are all awesome! :D and I'm glad to be a part of this!

How did the studying go? Do you feel ready?

It's good to have you back, we/I missed you and hearing all about your qualities :)

6. Well done on your Japanese! It must be quite such a hard language to learn!! Howcome you picked Japanese btw? In any case, being good at languages is really such a wonderful thing. It opens your mind so much, love it! :D

7. This is such a helpful trait and shows real strength of character. I hope you don't/won't have to use that strength much though

8. Love that! Congrats on going head on when you want something and not letting anything get in your way. So few people finish what they start these days, it's such a wonderful thing to hear that there are still some keeping to it! :D

7. My eyes are a pretty color.

8. I have a great musical ear. While I do not have the vocal instrument to match  (small mouth, tiny lung capacity), I can hear the music and know if it's right (flat/sharp) and I have always been able to pick out melodies on instruments. I can sing on key, just can't project and don't have a nice tone to my voice. I probably could have had more musical talent had it been fostered.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Spot on.  I know there are people who live through dishonesty, but I can't believe they are doing themselves anything but harm in the process.  You are awesome.

Responding to people is not a requirement for the HOoRAY apprenticeship.  The point is to honestly point out your good features to yourself.  Some of us just can't help ourselves.  I'm blown away constantly by how awesome the people on this thread are.

I've wondered where your box is.  I guess you've thought outside of it for so long that you left it behind.  You might need to pick it up if you want to help the people who can't see you from their boxes because you are so far away. :-)

Here is three!

Good job prioritizing.  This is about helping yourself and life very much comes first.

Mmm, languages.  I love them.  I know smatterings of so many.  I've forgotten most of what I've known.  Today, I couldn't even think of "you're welcome" in French. :-(  It sounds like you are awesome at Japanese.  Congrats on passing the 100 levels.

You impress me as being strong.  When you tackled the 100 push ups challenge, I thought you showed amazing tenacity and grit.

It is awesome that you give it your all.  I've seen that about you as well.

8. I have a great musical ear. While I do not have the vocal instrument to match  (small mouth, tiny lung capacity), I can hear the music and know if it's right (flat/sharp) and I have always been able to pick out melodies on instruments. I can sing on key, just can't project and don't have a nice tone to my voice. I probably could have had more musical talent had it been fostered.

I was going to say something about how great it is to have a musical ear, but I'm too busy getting lost in your eyes to remember what.  Hugs.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

9. I am willing to admit when I'm wrong.  I am not only willing to admit it; I will seek out an opportunity to tell someone when I've been wrong and realized it later.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

7. I can't believe just how beautiful they are! Wow!

8. Such a lovely trait to have. Music isn't all about singing, it's about recognising the beauty of it and there you go, recognising it super easily! Well done :)

Today, I couldn't even think of "you're welcome" in French. :-(

"Il n'y a pas de quoi" or "de rien" ;)

9. I am willing to admit when I'm wrong.  I am not only willing to admit it; I will seek out an opportunity to tell someone when I've been wrong and realized it later.

That is so rare!! So few people will accept they are wrong, so let alone admit it and do it publicly! I'm impressed! You, sir, are pretty uniquely awesome!

9. I am very expressive. My face is some kind of animated canvas and mirror of what is going on in my brain at any time of day. It's pretty crazy (it's also the reason I can't lie, my face would betray what I would be saying), even stranger can read me. Of course, they wouldn't know all the subtleties and variations, because I seriously have an expression and look for everything, but yeah, even people who don't know me wouldn't have a hard time guessing what's going on in my head.

I kind of really, really like being that way and (involuntarily) being so very open about my feelings.

9. I am very expressive. My face is some kind of animated canvas and mirror of what is going on in my brain at any time of day. It's pretty crazy (it's also the reason I can't lie, my face would betray what I would be saying), even stranger can read me. Of course, they wouldn't know all the subtleties and variations, because I seriously have an expression and look for everything, but yeah, even people who don't know me wouldn't have a hard time guessing what's going on in my head.

I kind of really, really like being that way and (involuntarily) being so very open about my feelings.

That is so awesome.  Especially, because you are so loving and happy, I can only imagine that puts more happiness into the world.

*sits down to enjoy some reading*

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Haha! Thanks Mily but I think you may be exaggerating my impact on the world a tinsy bit here! :D

I find this exceedingly implausible.  The world is a very big thing and we are each of us very small.  Just because you don't see the positive impact you make every second does not mean you are not making an impact.  It is the collective positive impacts of every one of us that will eventually make this world a better place.  We need your help.  I need your help.  And I'm lucky, because you are always helping.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler