The Wolf becomes the Apex Predator!

Wild Wolf

The Wolf is BACK!!!! AHHHHHHHHHROOOOOOO!

Hello everyone :)

As most of you know, 2013 has not been a very kind year to me... SO FAR.

BUT, I'm an assassin-warrior who gets stronger with each passing day. I generally have a positive outlook on everything and according to my friends and family, I'm one hilarious mofo! I like to keep things light, have a good time, laugh, workout, eat right, and spend time with my son, Racer. He's my whole world, and I love the lil guy to death! I also have another baby due, April 11th!!

I can't wait!! We don't know if we're having a boy or girl but the names we have picked out are: Boy- Declan/Girl- Piper.

I'm a HUGE fan of nicknames, so I would call Declan, "Dex's" and than Piper, "Pipsqueek" :)

I've become OBSESSED with MovNat, which is the study of natural movement, and using the 10 principles of movement  for fitness/conditioning: Walking, Running, Crawling, Lifting, Throwing, Balancing, Climbing, Defending, Swimming, and Jumping.

I've also become obsessed with FOOD. More so than normal..lol. To be more specific, I'm addicted to living a paleo lifestyle when it comes to food. I just finished reading Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution which I highly recommend! It's especially great for people just starting out with paleo or even a healthy diet change. My favorite thing was the 30-day meal plan Robb sets out in the book fixed up with ingredients and cooking instructions for all the meals! THAT was my saving grace and because of that, I became a "Wannabe Chef" ;)

SO, my new obsessions will play a BIG role in this next 6-weeks challenge! Along with getting back in the climbing gym and utilizing the cold steel training weapons I have.. OH! And the battle rope, lol.

My new love, once I get everything for it, is my sandbag. I got a really good deal on Ebay for it, so, for now, I'm waiting on the fillers so I can start training with it. It can hold up to 85lbs..which is PLENTY for the upcoming months, and MovNat uses sandbags like weightlifters use barbells. I can't wait to start throwing that bad boy around!

Listed below are my goals for this 6-weeks:

Goal #1: MOVE that body, son!

Since MovNat is my main source of my fitness/conditioning, this will fall under the "4(+) times a week" deal. I've already been doing at least that much, but this time will really focus on MovNat as a whole. The goal, is to start writing out my own MovNat workouts, which I have been, but get more creative!! Out of the 4x a week, 2 of those workouts have to be my creation! No if, and's or but's about it. I will post my workouts for ALL to see, judge, praise, or hate on, lol. STR, DEX and CHA will be my main source of attributes because movnat requires an immense amount of strength and dexterity in combination, The charisma part is for my creativity with the workouts and the fact that I noticed it was one of my weaker attributes! I was baffled cuz I'm a super charismatic hombre!

Possible points: +2 STR, +2 DEX and +1 CHA

Goal #2: Eat like our ancestors.. or ELSE!

PALEO! Like I said before, I've become SUPER obsessed with food lately, more than normal, lol. Moreso obsessed with eating a paleo diet. The funny thing about paleo, is its pretty easy to do.. for me, anyway. I've been eating paleo-esque for sometime now..but have just recently over the past month or so cut out bread, grains, and dairy. BREAD... that's been the toughest part to cut away from my diet, which I fully expected it to be. I still have cheat meals from time to time that may involve some bread and some diary, but very rarely. Shoot, I threw away all my bread and grains the moment I realized why I needed to, lol! The goal here is to keep this train rolling and shoot for eating at least 20 PALEO meals a week. Thats 3 meals a day multiplied by 7 days out of the week, This leaves me with 1 cheat meal a week. 1 and only 1. I wanna be strict with myself and show a little discipline, people!!! Call me crazy, but I have felt amazing since switching to a straight paleo diet :) The other thing I want to do is post pics w/ cooking instructions and ingredients...that way I can SHOW you guys and gals the yumminess that is paleo! This goal consists of WIS and CON. WIS will play it's roll in learning more about paleo and staying on track and the CON deals with how I feel when I eat healthy, paleo meals..which is, like I said, AMAZING!

Possible points: +2 WIS and +2 CON

Goal #3: Run like the wind, you SOB!

Haha. I'm liking the whole process of naming my goals if ya can't tell :) Running has been something that I always do, but have never really "enjoyed", persay. Besides charisma, my stamina attribute has lacked a lot since joining the rebellion, and I wanted to find fun ways of increasing this attribute. For my warm-ups, I've added in at least a quarter mile run on the treadmill. I would love to run MILES and not partial miles so my goal will be to run at least 3 miles a week. Most of you who know me are prolly thinking, "Wolf, thats way to easy, bro!" BUT, it's a healthy start for someone who doens't enjoy JUST running. One way of getting to this goal will be to add an additional run, weather it be a quarter-mile, half-mile, or even a full one towards the end of the workout...like a pre-mediated burnout! I've been wanting to increase my stamina with running for a whie now, so I figured "why not this challenge?" Why not, right? :)

Possible points: +2 STA

Goal #4: Preparation for BABY BELL!

This is THE big goal for this challenge! (Bell is my last name, just incase anyone was confused) The new baby is due April 11th, which is right after this 6-week challenge ends. The goal is to PREPARE! And prepare I mean mentally and physically. This will be a challenge in itself because my wife left... which in turn means I've barely got to be there for this unborn, When she was prego with Racer, I got to read books to him, talk to him about all the cool things we would be doing together and even busting out in song so they know their dad is a straight ROCKER! Not so much with this one... :( I feel really disconnected to this pregnancy because of everything going on, but I'm making the best out of my situation... the best I can, anyway...

This will effect my WIS attribute in the fact that becoming wiser will ultimately help me on this journey..that and crap load of luck. I really wish things were different, but they're not, so I will be working on this preparation EVERY DAY. I will be putting $20-40 back each time I get paid in case of an emergency. And on top of that, the money I'll be giving Heather for Race and whatever else they need. I'm not sure how to mentally prepare for this, though... lol

Possible points: +2 WIS 

Bonus Goal: Armed to the TEETH!

Weapons training!!!!!!! At least 3 hrs a week of training. This can be done in 1 day, 2 days, or spread throughout the whole week. This will include my dual gladius and my tomahawk/tanto combination.

Possible points: +1 DEX and +1 CHA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there ya have it folks. The Wolf is back for another challenge and I have NO IDEA how it's gonna play out. All I know is... by the end of this 6-weeks, I will become...

THE APEX PREDATOR!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

It's a shame you're not enthusiastic about these challenges.  Whenever I read your thread I'm like, "Man, The Wolf is one grumpy S.O.B."  ;)

Good to see you back.  I'm really excited to see where your goals take you this round!

P.S. You're gonna have to edit your attribute points a bit, though, Wolfbro.  You're only allowed 15 total, and no one goal can have more than 5.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Thanks Panic! Preciate the words of encouragment!!

@ Wolverine

HAHAH, yessir, I am a grumpy, mean ole SOB! And I'm glad to be back as always, sir! But, lol... I do have 15 total pts :) and nothing reaches past +4 on the list. I just went back and re-counted...so unless I'm trippin on some opium, I thought I had 15 total?? Anywho, if I need to fix anything I will, no biggie.

Wolf

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I was thinking of ways you can connect with your daughter and be prepared for her birth even while you weren't around her and came up with some ideas for you to consider:

Pick out some favorite stories to read to her when she is born

Make a playlist of some songs for you, her and Race to listen to

memorize a poem that makes you think of her

pray for her

pick out some Bible verses for her (I think Im remembering that one of your goals was Bible reading one time)

write her a note even before she is born of how precious she is to you

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

@ Wolverine

Ahhh I gotcha bro, I'll make sure and fix that :)

@ Sea Level

Hey, bud!! Thanks for the kind words.

@ Elastigirl

Those are some terrific suggestions! I really like the letter idea :) I'm gonna start writing that here very soon. And we are waiting to see what the baby is when he/she is born, but ALL the grandmas want a little girl SOOOOO bad!! Me... I'm good either way, lol.

This is gonna be my favorite challenge yet because of all the food I get to work with. I just ate me some pan fired sword fish and it was delish!!! Along with a glass of blueberry kefir and a side salad :)

Gotta love eatin healthy and paleo!

Wolf

Spoiler

Yeah definitely post recipes. My bag of tricks is rather small when it comes to Paleo cooking. I'd love some suggestions.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

@ Church

YESSIR!!! Epic all around :) I got your back, sir. My goal was to help others like me; Sometimes I feel like I need a manual to just BE in the kitchen, so cooking my own meals has really opened my eyes to the whole thing. AND, I can't wait for someone to say, "Hey Wolf, I made this _______ and it was flippin AWESOME!" I love helping others and get stoked when people get yolked ;)

@ Aeryn

HEYYYYYYYY! Good to hear from ya! I hope I can help you out as well with the paleo bizness I'm tinkering with :)

So, I just spent about $50 at stevesoriginal.com. He makes 100% paleo snacks; which include, grass-fed beef jerky, health bars, and even healthy, dried fruit! I've heard lots of cool stuff from them and finally decided I would order me some goodies and go from there. I can't wait to try this grass-fed beef jerky! Since snacking is my favorite thing to do, I'm really hoping it all pans out so I can order MONTH supplies from here on out.

Here was my workout today:

Warm-up:

- 1/4 mile run

- 1 lap of wolf crawls w/ 40lb vest

- 1 lap of crab walks w/ 40lb vest

4 sets: (First two sets were with the 40lb vest)

- 20inch box jump to 4 foot depth jump x6

- Goblet squat w/ 70lb KB x6

- Push press w/ 70lb KB x6

- Single-arm overhead carry w/ 35lb KB, 1 lap (alternating arms)

Burnout:

- 1/4 mile run on high speed (7-7.5) at an incline of 3.5

WHEW!!!!! I'm still tired from that workout... those 1st two rounds sucked the life outta me cuz that 40lb vest! But, I loved it! And just to clarify, 1 lap= 25 yards. It's a non-linear path, which is perfect cuz it's NEVER easy.

For lunch:

1 can of 5oz Chicken of the Sea pink salmon, handful of almonds, and a banana. I was actually pretty full afterwards. If I remember correctly, I have some ground lamb thawing out.. I was make some paleo hamburgers tonight if all goes well!!!! But it is ground lamb... I have a ton of options, lol, so whatever I decide to cook up, I will let you guys know!

Wolf

Spoiler

@ Wolverine

I do them with control more so than speed...because to me, I actually get better results. I can really engage all my muscles for the explosive jump...especially with a 40lb vest lol. I also focus on "quite" landings. This not only is the correct way to land, but it looks totally ninja! It's amazing how much more focus you need to land softer ;)

Last night ended up being my cheat meal... in the beginning of the week... ugh. BUT IT WAS SOOOOOO TASTY.

Sushi. And lots of it!

Now granted, the overall components of the meal were healthy, but sushi is not paleo. That damn rice ruined everything! But holy cow was it good. We all went to Roy's. It was my first time being there and it was terrific. My favorite roll was this one that had tuna, red salmon, yellow snapper, spicy butter, avocado all rolled in a crispy asparagus crust!!! I could have eaten two rolls of that and been perfectly content...but no, I had to get dessert...

Seasonal fruit bread pudding topped with coconut... omg it was DELISH!!!! But not paleo. SOOO... Looks like the rest of the week is gonna suck butt now... I'm gonna have to be super strict!

For breakfast this morning, I had:
- 1 small glass of raspberry kefir (good stuff right here- full of probiotics)
- 2 turkey sausage patties
- 3 eggs w/ a handful of spinach
-1/2 an avocado

YUM!! And then of couse my "suppliments":
- 2 omega-3 gel capsules
- 1 vit-D3 tab (1 a day since I'm cutting dairy)
- 3/4 tablespoon of Natural Calm magnesium (it makes a "fizzy" drink and balances out the vit-D in my body; I've started taking this after reading The Paleo Solution)

I'll post today's workout a little later on :)

Wolf

Spoiler

Today's workout was totally APEX PREDATOR!

Warm-up:

- 1/2 a mile run set on 6.5 speed

- 30 seconds of deep knee bends aka deep squats

- Leg swing forward-backwards and side-to-side (for loosening the hips)

3 sets:

- Push-pull crawl 20 feet

- Backward wolf crawls, 1 lap

- Duck walk, 1 lap (Skipped the last set for the 1/4 mile run)

- Med ball slam @10lbs x10 (The last round was 20 ball slams/0

1/4 mile run at the end- @ 7.5 speed

*(I started to mess around with the 40lb vest, but only did 1 set on the duck walks and then added in a set of 5 on dips. Everything else was done with my bodyweight)*

LUNCH:

BIG Mixed green salad with chicken breast and balsamic vinegar

- carrot sticks

-bell peppers

-bacon

THE WOLF WAS CHOWING DOWN!!!

Wolf

Spoiler

That's an awful lot of lettuce for an apex predator. ;)

Nice workout.  I'm trying to stick to my plan but you make it difficult with all your circuits of stuff I haven't tried yet.  Hey... what happened to the heavy rope you got a couple challenges ago???

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Sometimes a predators gotta eat some ruffage to keep things "moving". Otherwise you can't hunt as well if your stomach is all messed up.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Hey Wolf! I know I kinda disappeared... but I'm back now and love to see how this challenge is gonna work out :D

At least you're not lacking for enthusiasm... as always :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

@ Wolverine

Hahah, yessir, I love to keep it ever changing so I never plateau :) YOu should gradually impliment things like that into your workout, that way your shocking your body at all times! You're the Wolverine, so I have 100000% faith in you. I used the ropes the other day as part of my warm-up and plan to use them as a warm-up tool or a final burnout. My buddy, Oscar, recorded a workout vid of us banging on the battle rope, it was pretty cool.. I'll get the link from FB so you guys can check it out!

@ Church

Yep, Church has my back. HE know's whatsup, lol. Gotta poop right...remember its #2 on the list for MovNat principles :)

@ Kibcy

Hey, hun, it's good to have ya back!! I missed your encouraging posts every day, but that's beside us. We have this 6-weeks to look forward too! I try to be as enthusiastic as I can...but honestly I type as I speak in real life... I just want everyone to get the whole "Wolf" experience :)

Today is a yoga day and I'm pretty excited about it! I need it more than anything since Jarred and I have trained 4 outta the last 5 days..and intense workouts at that!

Dinner last night:

Lamb meatballs w/ half an avocado and a small bowl of blueberries and red raspberries. Plus a small glass of raspberry kefir. I took a pound of lamb and mixed it in a bowl with minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and some oregano. Then I balled up 14 individual meatballs and cooked em in the oven @ 375-400 for about 20-22 min. After I pulled em out, I took 6 of them and drizzled olive oil over them, gave 2 away to my sister and step-dad, than put the other 6 away for lunch today :) Always gotta plan ahead! (I'll start uploading my pics to FB and link them here. Right now, all my pics are on Instagram @wolflean)

Breakfast this morning:

.83 lbs of sweet italian chicken sausage cooked with a big handful of spinach and 2 eggs, scrambled. I ate a large plate with a bowl of unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. I stored the leftovers in the fridge for a snack.

And I got some goodies yesterday! I went to REI of all places and got a box of 12 Tanka Bars. They are a jerky bar made with buffalo meat and cranberries... SOOO GOOD! I also orderd me some paleo salad dressing as I can see myself VERY quickly getting tired of balsamic vinegar. It's from stevesoriginals.com and its a peach BBQ flavor... YUM! Can't wait to try it. I also can't wait for my grass-fed snack packs from Steve's Originals... I will prolly be ordering form them quite often.

Aaaaaand... my sandbag fillers should be in this week. Time to get EXTRA WOLFLEAN :)

Wolf

Spoiler

Hey, hun, it's good to have ya back!! I missed your encouraging posts every day, but that's beside us. We have this 6-weeks to look forward too! I try to be as enthusiastic as I can...but honestly I type as I speak in real life... I just want everyone to get the whole "Wolf" experience :)

Haha well I figured, you're just so... idk very upbeat. I'm sure if I spend a day with you I'll be jumping up and down haha! So much energy!!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Good ole poop time... :)

@Kibcy

I am full of energy...95% of the time! I like to think of myself as a stong motivational coach, lol. I may not always give the best advice, but I can sure as hell pump people up! Glad to have ya back, though :)

I got busy at work yesterday so I didn't get many opportunities to post on my thread, but here are my updates from yesterday and so far today!!!

Breakfast- Leftover sweet italian chicken sausage with eggs and spinach (there wasn't a ton left) SO, I made 3 more eggs and cooked em with 2 big handfuls of the last of my spinach, and a small glass of raspberry kefir

Lunch- Leftover burger pattie w/ half an avocado, 1 strip of bacon broken in half and a handul of almonds

Today's breakfast- 2 chicken tenderloins, a handful of almonds, small glass of raspberry Kefir, and a bowl of unsweetened applesauce w/ cinnamon

Yesterday's workout: This one was grueling...

Warm-up:

- 1/4 mile run

- 30 secs of deep squats

- leg swings forward, backwards, and lateral X15 each side

3 sets: (Last set we skipped the crab walk in replace of the burnout)

- Clean and press w/ 2 40lb DB's x6

- Bulgarian Squats w/ 2 40lb DB's x6 (alternating legs on each round except the last round where we did both legs)

- Crab walk 1 lap (30yrds)

- Broad jump onto 10lb plates @ 6-7 feet x7

- 3 pull-ups/3 chin-ups w/ 40lb vest

Burnout:

- 45 second run/sprint @ 7% incline on 7.5 speed (This wore my ass out for the finale)

Dinner last night... *drool* Spicy Bison Chili

YUM!

- 1lb of ground bison, 2 red bell peppers gutted and chopped, 2 zucchini's peeled and chopped, 1 1/2 tbls of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, sea salt and black pepper, all cooked in 3 tbls of bacon grease... YEA BUDDY!!!

After I added all the ingredients and browned the bison meat, I let it simmer on low for 45 min to let all the flavors come together and it made for one wicked-ass chili! I wish I could share with everyone :(

I will be eating this for lunch today and I'm beyond excited about it!!

Not sure what today's workout will entail, but it's gonna be a good one. I'm actually a little sore from yesterday. Those damn bulgarian squats has my hynie hurting...that and my hammies :) Oh well, thats my body saying, "Hey, Wolf, you kicked your ass yesterday, sir!"

Another note... I've been shopping at Sprouts recently since there's one right by my moms house. They have AMAZING specials right now. I'm addicted to almonds. I usually eat a handful, if not more a day. They are usually $6.99 a pound... now they are onsale for $3.99 a pound!!!! Thats cheaper than getting a 2lb bag at WALMART!! BAM! Also, Justin's Almond Butter was buy 1-get-1-free!!! (I can eat that stuff straight out of the bottle with a spoon!) 

I couldn't help but let out a "Hell Yea!" when I saw all these GREAT savings. I ended up getting 3-4 items for free and saved a total of almost $20... so not a bad shopping day at the grocery store ;)

Look for more recipes and food here soon! I still need to figure out how to post the pics... Anyone have suggestions? 99% of them are loaded on Instagram... but I wanna share the food porn with you guys! Any help would be awesome. Love you guys and gals...

Wolf

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines