Train, Maintain, Stay Sane with 18ck

18ck

Daily
Take breaks:  Not great. Post-project flap on...
Daily exercise: Crow pose. Thin stuff, I'll grant you but within the rules...
Daily Portuguese: RTP news

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  Slacklining tomorrow
1 short fast run:  No
1 long run: No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 1.45
Week of no caffeine: Done 
Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 5
Steercert:  Done
Librivox:  I'm now on a project and have proof-listened about a quarter of a book - A Brief Account of the Destruction of the Indies by Bartolomé de las Casas
Give Blood:  Done.
Lose 7lb: Like this:

BDFg90zCAAEIsNG.jpg large

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Daily
Take breaks:  Worked standing up in the morning but decided to bunk off in the afternoon because *sigh* yes, I'm still hurting today. Badly. Walking around and doing some gentle stretches helped though, and although I won't get paid I think I made the right choice. By evening I was well enough to go and do me new thing.. but I'm getting ahead of myself!
Daily exercise: About 4 hours of cycling, plus slacklining
Daily Portuguese: I read the introduction to Miguel Torga's book "Bichos" and realised I was hopelessly out of my depth

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  Slacklining - Oh my god! I love this activity! Why doesn't everyone do it?
1 long run: No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 1.45
Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 6
Librivox:  In Progress
Lose 7lb: Being able to get out of the house meant less eating due to idleness, boredom and oh-look-there-are-some-snacks. I'm not going to hit the target though, I reckon.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Try a New thing:  Slacklining - Oh my god! I love this activity! Why doesn't everyone do it?

I'm glad you enjoy it, just please don't break your neck. Now you just need a trip to the hardware store and two nicely located trees and you can do it whenever you want.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Daily
Take breaks:  Half day, working standing up - still resting. 
Daily exercise: 130 pushups, 20 BW rows, 20 butterfly situps. Still no running :^( Tried. Gave up.
Daily Portuguese: Lots of L&D reading and exercises

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  Done all 6 weeks. I've put a slackline kit on my amazon wish list.
1 long run: No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 1.7
Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 7
Librivox:  In Progress
Lose 7lb: Hm.

I'm glad you enjoy it, just please don't break your neck. Now you just need a trip to the hardware store and two nicely located trees and you can do it whenever you want.

Yep, I think I'm going to do just that! Get my own kit, I mean, not break my neck.

Yep, I think I'm going to do just that! Get my own kit, I mean, not break my neck.

good choice!.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Daily

Take breaks: Pretty good - changing posture and taking time out.

Daily Exercise: 50 butterfly situps, about 40 bw rows, pullup negatives and chinups. Balance - on a beam and in that yoga pose... Um... Tree I think. Still no running.

Daily Portuguese: RTP News and one L&D exercise.

Weekly

3xRTP News: 2

Try a New thing: Done all 6 weeks. I've put a slackline kit on my amazon wish list.

1 short fast run: No

1 long run: No

In Challenge

2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 1.7

Week of no caffeine: Done

Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 8

Steercert: Done

Librivox: In Progress

Give Blood: Done.

Lose 7lb: Hm.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Finally got my running legs back today and expecting to come down with the horrible cold Mrs 18ck and 18ckette have been afflicted with any time now so determined to make the most of the day by doing as much stuff as I possibly could. To whit:

Daily
Take breaks:  N/A - not working
Daily exercise: Long run - actually, I didn't run it all, but I ran a lot and I walked the rest and I enjoyed the sun and the deer and it was lovely; pullup fails; tabatas (left and right toolbox rows, squat jumps, situps; headstand - about 20 sec; pk rolls. Not bad for someone who was walking with a limp yesterday. Now let's see if I end up walking with a limp again tomorrow!
Daily Portuguese: L&D exercises

Weekly
3xRTP News: 2
Try a New thing:  Done all 6 weeks and today I finally got up courage (and non-bad-backness) to do progression 2 of the pk roll program - videos below...
1 long run: Yes

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 1.8
Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 9
Librivox:  Still PLing - A Brief Account of the Destruction of the Indies by Bartolomé de las Casas and have now been asked to PL a second book: Tales of the Enchanted Islands of the Atlantic by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
Lose 7lb: I lost 7lb today. By getting a haircut. It had been a while.

Bonus rounds: knocked out a few stubborn to-do list items and nursed my poor sick family (by nursed I mean "made them dinner, left them alone with a box of tissues and didn't nag them about spending the whole day watching Harry Potter movies from under a blanket")

PK Rolls

These were my TANT for week 5 but I'm still doin' 'em! it's strange how when you're upside down it's hard to tell what you're actually doing so I took some videos of myself so I could see if I was doing it right. I think this is pretty decent for the first time actually doing it. OK, I'm not getting up on my feet at the end and I'm being a bit dainty at the start and there's guinea pig hay all over the floor, but apart from that I don't think it's too terrible!

Daily

Take breaks: n/a - non-working

Daily Exercise: Sculling (beee-yooo-tiful day), walking, lots of outdoor stuff - walking and pond-skimming with 18ckette - short fast run, pk roll

Daily Portuguese: RTP News and finished the second of my two L&D chapters

Weekly

3xRTP News: 3

Try a New thing: Done all 6 weeks. Impressing daughter with PK roll today. Yes, I'm so badass I can impress a seven-year-old.

1 short fast run: Yes

1 long run: Yes

In Challenge

2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 2.0 -> yeah boyeeeee!

Week of no caffeine: Done

Dental Appointment: Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 10

Steercert: Done

Librivox: In Progress

Give Blood: Done.

Lose 7lb: 3lb only. Le sigh. And I was doing so well, but those last two weeks of relative inactivity and ubiquitous snacks kinda buggered it all up.

I'll work out points and what-not tomorrow.

I think you did "quite good" on this one! (also)

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

just googled pondskimming... did you really do this? holy sh!t! you seem pretty badass to me, and im not 7! ;)

*Googles* Hm, I see what you mean! I meant pond-dipping. I didn't even know that was a thing!

I think you did "quite good" on this one! (also)

Thank you sir!

Looks like a good PK roll to me!  Well done.

And thank you too! It was all a bit quiet and I thought maybe you were all embarrassed at my efforts: "Should we tell him nobody, but nobody PK Rolls on red cushions? It's green or nothing, darling!"

Oh, I forgot to post points didn't I? Well, they're here anyway

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26607-Challenge-Wrap-Up-Thread#entry467628

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines