Train, Maintain, Stay Sane with 18ck

18ck

Great to hear you are running and not complaining! (I Assume it did not hurt this time).

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Oh, and I will not comment on your coffee, i just cannot think of anything positive to say, maybe later.

german

monkey scout

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Great to hear you are running and not complaining! (I Assume it did not hurt this time).

Not really, no. Still a bit grumbly but my self-diagnosis now is too much rest - I have decided to run (short distances) every chance I get this week so I get used to it again. We'll see how well this theory works next time I have a chance for a proper run!

Oh, and I will not comment on your coffee, i just cannot think of anything positive to say, maybe later.

No, you're right - best not to encourage me in this foolishness!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Too soon would be worst than too much rest, I like your plan, just don't overdo it if you have to skip a couple of runs.

german

monkey scout

I'm doing alright so far (as the optimist said as he fell past the 13th floor). Still no spreadsheet but I made myself a little template to post daily instead and I can feel organised that way

Daily
Take breaks:  Done
Daily exercise:  Done - 50 butterfly sit-ups, and 1 minute crow pose (in 3 goes)
Daily Portuguese:  Done - Podcast and RTP News. Apparently Horse Meat has been found in food at an Ikea branch in Portugal so, unhelpfully, there were lots of people speaking Swedish and Czech on the news with subtitles - all a bit confusing really!

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  This week's is the rotating plank of doom. It's not as much fun as crow pose though.
1 short fast run:  Done today after dark with a headlamp: working on leaning from ankle, midfoot landing (my forefoot strike has got a bit exaggerated lately) and using my arms more - it went pretty well.
1 long run:  Not yet

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  Nada
Week of no caffeine:  2 days down and surviving
Dental Appointment:  Nope
Steercert:  Nope
Librivox:  Nope
Give Blood:  Scoped out possible days. No appointments available but I have my eye on one to gatecrash 
Lose 7lb:  Eating well until this evening when m'girlz made a rhubarb tray-bake. *sigh*

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Too soon would be worst than too much rest, I like your plan, just don't overdo it if you have to skip a couple of runs.

Check! I'll listen to my legs!

Lose 7lb:  Eating well until this evening when m'girlz made a rhubarb tray-bake. *sigh*

Maybe time to spend some time with them cooking healthy foods?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

*sigh*

Breakfast without coffee is like a sentence without a

I love how descriptive that unfinished sentence is :D

As someone on the other side of the caffeine fence (have been 'clean' for many years now) I can only echo shouts of encouragement and agree that detoxifying your life is worth it in the end!!

Also, the rotating plank of doom sounds very apt.  I may try incorporating it into one of my goals this challenge - thanks for the hot tip!!

Go 18ck!  :loyal:

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Maybe time to spend some time with them cooking healthy foods?

Mm, I wouldn't want to give the wrong idea - we have a pretty healthy household. Even rhubarb traybake - as cakey treats go - is pretty healthy. My problem is inability to resist deliciousness. If there's any left over I need it to be hidden where i can't see it. That period while the cake is left out cooling down is fatal for someone like me who's trying to reduce the calories!

I love how descriptive that unfinished sentence is :D

As someone on the other side of the caffeine fence (have been 'clean' for many years now) I can only echo shouts of encouragement and agree that detoxifying your life is worth it in the end!!

Also, the rotating plank of doom sounds very apt.  I may try incorporating it into one of my goals this challenge - thanks for the hot tip!!

Go 18ck!  :loyal:

It's good to know it's possible!

Yes, enjoy the RPOD - the name is sort of appealing, isn't it!

I must come over and see your thread later. I'm very conscious that - having been totally on top of everyone's threads in the last challenge, I don't really have as much time to explore this time around.

had to google rotating plank of doom

that will be in my next challenge...

I assure you

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Up at 5AM today. Coffee feels necessary then but look, here I am on the train, distracting myself from Lathrop and Dias with this tweet and I don't feel any more cream-crackered than usual.

*stifles yawn*

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

"tweet"? Well, apparently I'm not awake enough to know what social network I'm on...

O podcast de hoje foi sobre o tema da inquisição. Eu não esperava isso!

(today's podcast was about the inquisition. I didn't expect that!)

"tweet"? Well, apparently I'm not awake enough to know what social network I'm on...

Haha, life in a coffee free world

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

It's good to know it's possible!

Yes, enjoy the RPOD - the name is sort of appealing, isn't it!

I must come over and see your thread later. I'm very conscious that - having been totally on top of everyone's threads in the last challenge, I don't really have as much time to explore this time around.

I certainly feel thread-overwhelm from time to time (Delta-T being short) - I was impressed how you were so nippy when it came to threads & updates :)  At least I'm glad that you weren't forsaking my thread after I complained I'd stayed out of the gym to write the next piece of story... I was happy I did, actually - so thanks! :)

And as for being up at 5am, especially at this time of year when it's dark and unpleasantly cold?  *tips virtual hat*

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Great progress as usual, and I hear you about not resisting seeing cake lying around unattended, it just seems so sad, so left out, so begging to be eaten!, that's why absolute regimens work for me, I cannot have just a little cake, or bread, or tortilla, so nothing is what works best for me, maybe I need to grow up.

german

monkey scout

At least I'm glad that you weren't forsaking my thread after I complained I'd stayed out of the gym to write the next piece of story... I was happy I did, actually - so thanks! :)

*chuckle* no, not put off at all - you mustn't let me boss you about though, srsly!

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to wipe my thread down with dettol after you breathed on it with your flu germs... :P

maybe I need to grow up.

Nah, it's the cake's fault for being too delicious. I had been manfully resisting the beetroot and chocolate brownies (a lot nicer than they sound) but the smell of warm rhubarb, vanilla and cake was just too much!

Day 3 report - no template (too much of a faff in tapatalk)

Food-wise, I have been on point - a bit of chicken, some spicy Portuguese beans, corn, vegie Thai stuff and a hundredweight of fruit. I'm spending the night in Chatham in a hotel where they give you a twix as part of the welcome pack. Mm, sophisticated! I gave mine back! I holed up with 1.5kg of clementines to keep the munchies at bay. Now the bin is full and I am the colour of an oompa-loompa.

No running but I have managed um.. let's see - some on-the-spot running drills, 50 burpees, 25 squats, 2 RPODs (should have done them before the burpees. Ow!) And 10 v-ups, followed by stretches. Not bad for a hotel day!

Made a good start on the first of my two chapters of Portuguese, and I'm still living in the land of no caffeine.

Day three: sorted!

You gave a free Twix back?  Wow.... hats off, sir, hats off......

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

So, a hundredweight equals how many shitloads?

Seriously, kudos on a productive hotel workout! And the twix back, with no one watching, that's a big one!!!

german

monkey scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines