Train, Maintain, Stay Sane with 18ck

18ck

I need a new and interesting exercisey thing to do next week. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Exercise with poodles? 

weirdpoodleexercise.jpg

Hmmm.... maybe more "weird" than "interesting"....

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

So if the poodle dancing doesn't work you could try

!!

Or, for a real life workouty thing:  Plank rows keeping your torso still or a lunge walk suicide (think shuttle run with lunges out and backwards run back to start).

Hope you find some inspiration! 

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Challenge 1, Challenge 2 Shadows Fall Mojo Log

Run for those who want to and cannot.

Good morning everyone. I've just read Irgart's and Aimless's replies and concluded that either I am still asleep and dreaming or these lemon and ginger teabags are laced with LSD.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I would say windsurfing, but it might be too cold for that

I would love to do that but yes, it's much to cold I'm afraid!

Exercise with poodles?

I love the internet!

Or, for a real life workouty thing:  Plank rows keeping your torso still or a lunge walk suicide (think shuttle run with lunges out and backwards run back to start).

Thanks - I have actually done lunge walk suicides a couple of times in rowing club circuits so they're a good idea but are ruled inadmissible due to non-newness.

So, plank rows it is: challenge accepted! It's mainly a challenge because I don't own dumbells and can't afford to buy any so I need to either find something heavy enough to use but not as bulky as my toolbox (usual dumbell-substitute) or work out where I can get some. There might be some in the weight room at the rowing club so maybe I'll try doing them there.

*goes into Mission Impossible mode*

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Awesome!, you are doing great on your goals, hope you keep rocking just like last challenge Mr. Champion!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Kudos for donating blood!

Hmm, plank rows... I think I'll have to give those a try this week too.

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

hello chaps!

Awesome!, you are doing great on your goals, hope you keep rocking just like last challenge Mr. Champion!

:^) Well, I'm plodding along, Mr Triathlete!

Kudos for donating blood!

Hmm, plank rows... I think I'll have to give those a try this week too.

Yep, always new stuff to try!

Daily
Take breaks:  Hm, started well but it's quarter to one in the morning, and I am starting to stick to my chair...
Daily exercise:  Done - 175 pushups in 8 sets, 45 seconds between each (W5, D3 of 100 pushups program). That's quite a lot, isn't it! It was bloody hard but didn't actually make me scream or give up, so maybe I am starting to get stronger after all.
Daily Portuguese:  Done - RTP news.

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  This week's mission is to find dumbells and use them for plank rows
1 short fast run:  No
1 long run:  No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  0.15
Week of no caffeine:  Currently on day 8 of an inexplicably long caffeineless week and it's after midnight and I am apparently still awake. 
Dental Appointment:  Nope. 
Steercert:  Nope
Librivox:  Nope
Give Blood:  Done.
Lose 7lb:  Toast and jam for breakfast this morning - not very good. Apart from that though, not terrible - some meat, some lentils, some vegies, and enough fruit to make Carmen Miranda a new hat.

Great progress, but out of mere curiosity, do you feel better without coffee?

german

monkey scout

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

*curtseys prettily*

Thanks very much! I was surprised, to say the least. You're a former Top Scout too of course. Is there some great privilege that accompanies the title? Do we get to be called sir and have the newer recruits make us tea and toasted crumpets like at Eton?

All past victors have special provisions, however you are also eligible fro entry in to the Quarter-Quell. Gooood luck and may the odds ever be in your favour!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Nice job on the pushups, you will be ripping shirts when you move soon enough.  You will have to buy in bulk!  Kudos on the caffeinelessness!

:^) Well, I've already started ripping shorts - found a big hole in the inner sanctum of my favourite blue cargo shorts while I was doing my stretches today. No shirts yet though!

Great work with the push ups, is it the same week you were having trouble with last challenge?

I think I've moved on a bit - slowly, slowly... I'll do that day again and move on...

Great progress, but out of mere curiosity, do you feel better without coffee?

I don't see how he could :playful:

:^) Not really, but I don't feel worse either. In fact, being without coffee feels a lot like being with coffee but without the delicious coffee taste. I am avoiding the terrible manic mornings where I drink two big cups of strong HLJ and start pacing about, trembling and gibbering to myself, but that's not an everyday occurrence at all. Apart from that it's just a slightly bereft feeling at breakfast time. I think this will not last much longer but it's been interesting. Always good to experiment!

All past victors special provisions, however you are also eligible fro entry in to the Quarter-Quell. Gooood luck and may the odds ever be in your favour!

OH NOEZ! *grabs mockingjay pin, hides in tree*

Daily
Take breaks:  Bit touch-and-go today. Not bad but could be better.
Daily exercise:  Meant to do a short run but did a long one instead because I was going stir crazy. It was great! The lots-of-short-runs last week paid off - no aches and pains, and I was able to keep a pretty good pace and push it into some fast intervals, working on improving my gait - with some success. I'm back, baby! Saw the first rabbits of spring (yes, I know it's not really spring but I'm an optimist) and a lot of deer; it was lovely and sunny and I finished just after dark. Lovely!
Daily Portuguese:  Not really - the RTP news was on but I zoned out so it doesn't count. When I've finished writing this I'm going to clobber Lathrop and Dias, though. Oh and did I mention this arrived yesterday? 

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  I think I have a plan for plank rows on Thursday night.
1 long run:  Yes

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  0.15 but watch this space
Week of no caffeine:  Caffeine-free week now in its ninth day. Why? Am I mad?
Dental Appointment:  Nope. 
Lose 7lb:  Ate pretty well, I think... fruit salad for breakfast, chicken and mushroom omelette for lunch, chicken and avocado wraps for dinner with many fruity snacks in between. 

Great to know you are back to your running self!

german

monkey scout

Great to know you are back to your running self!

Me too! I was do excited I forgot to even mention all those butterfly situps and bw rows I did!

Done any thing crazy due to lack of caffeine lately? Or has the crazy calmed down?

Just standard, normal levels of crazy today!

Ugh - living in a world of fail today but never mind - just one day... I'm away from home for the night again and planned to spend the time studying and working out but when I got to my room it had a DVD and a copy of Skyfall. Well your honour, in my defence (a) I haven't seen it and (B) I'm only human. And there's more...

Daily

Take breaks:  very slack today - not nearly enough breaks. Eyes sore and I feel like Gollum.

Daily exercise:  Some walking, because I'm a mammal. Some half-arsed v-ups and push-ups to assuage my guilt.

Daily Portuguese:  Yep - RTP news tribute to that cuddly old Hugo Chavez, plus some L&D on the train. Not great but passable.

Weekly

3xRTP News: 2

Try a New thing:  It will be soon...

In Challenge

2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  0.1564554 - what I lack in effort I make up in precision.

Week of no caffeine:  Absurdly still going, ten days after my sentence is over.

Dental Appointment:  Booked - yay! Something I did right today!

Lose 7lb:  Too hungry when I finished work at 7 to think about saying no to chips* with my restaurant meal. Also nibbled some biscuits with my Bond. Otherwise good - fruit, veg, water, and resisted free offers of (a) a cream egg, (B) a bowl of toffees © unlimited sherry, so again, not a total fail but just not as good as the day could have been!

*=or freedom fries or whatevah...

Daily
Take breaks:  Better today.
Daily exercise: Full-on Tabata workout at the rowing club circuits, bookended by a short, fast run at the beginning, and a stretch and some plank rows afterwards. Holy. Living. Crap. I've never been so tired in my life. When the tabata was over I lay there like a fish on a riverbank just trying to get some oxygen back into my system. It was good though - a really intense push with someone shouting at me every time I let the pace slip. And to think it nearly didn't happen: early on, someone insisted it was pronounced "tabAYta" while someone else said no, it was taBAHta, and we nearly had to call the whole th... what's that? Everyone on the interwebs has made that joke already? Well, it doesn't surprise me.
Daily Portuguese: Lathrop and Dias, Lathrop and Dias, go together like a horse and carriage, this I tell ya irmão, não podes ter um sem o outro.

Weekly
3xRTP News: 2
Try a New thing:  Tried the plank rows with two 12.5kg dumbells and managed about 15-20 reps. With hindsight, maybe I should have planned to do this before death-by-tabata rather than after, and my form was all over the place but I've got the measure of it now so I'll have another go at the weekend and hopefully look less of a pillock.
1 short fast run:  Yes. It's amazing what a difference the arms make!

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  0.2 . Behind schedule. Must try harder
Week of no caffeine:  Turned into 10 days but it's over now. I had caffeine. I will have a think about what this means now. I am glad to find I am a lot less dependent on it than I thought I was, and I will try and keep it to one cup a day rather than having days where I am basically having like 3-6 shots of espresso a day
Dental Appointment:  Booked. 
Lose 7lb: Did well today - fruit salad for breakfast, vegoid Caribbean curry for lunch, and... well, I don't know what that was I had for dinner but it was all vegetabley and Mrs 18ck made it and probably hid things in it that I normally wouldn't touch like beetroot and fish eyes, so it's probably good for me I expect.

OK - so I'm late to reading your thread... Forgive me my shamefulness. I work too much...

Anyhoo! Loving how you're updating with your list of activities and I definitely think that's something I'm going to have to add in. And (slow clap) BRAVO on the no coffee. I was going to do a "no coffee" thing but then realized I was not emotionally prepared to wean myself off of my drug of choice. Hence, the water goal... I figure I felt less shameful about my coffee intake as long as I was supplementing with water... 'More water' instead of 'Less Coffee' just sounded better... Keep up the awesomeness! :)

Halfling Scout - Level One: STR 2, DEX 0, STA 3, CON 2, WIS 3, CHA 5

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God,

to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

Romans 12:1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines