Train, Maintain, Stay Sane with 18ck

18ck

Keep up the awesomeness! :)

Thanks. I think I had some awesomeness around here somewhere... now where did I put it...?

I'm not really sure how more water equates with less coffee. Coffee is very nearly all water anyway - I have a feeling a lot of peeps are very dualistic about their food, thinking of substances as good or evil. Moderation is fine. Mmm... I'm not sure where these curmudgeonly metaphysical witterings are coming from. Possibly just caused by the fact that I got up at 6 and haven't yet had breakfast... Sorry!

Thanks for stopping by anyway - hope your back is better today

10 days? That's still really good.

I seem to be getting a lot of praise for coffee don't I? I feel a bit of a fraud because after a day or two it became very easy!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hey! you are, as usual doing great, I think the no coffee crazy nonsense actually paid off fairly well, I am glad for you, I usually have around three cups of coffee a day, and currently adding and substituting some of that with tea, it's amazing how well a fairly good tea tastes compared to the crap I had every once in a while. I still don't get the whole "which tea at which time" British thing, so I drink whatever I feel like whenever I do (yes I am a badass like that, English breakfast at dawn), just don't tell the Queen.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

I'm declaring today a comprehensive
FAIL

Sat at my desk pretty much continually from 7AM till midnight, hardly moved, didn't leave the house, did no exercise (goodbye 31 day streak) and no Portuguese (adeus 17 day streak) - in fact, the only thing I did right was eat properly. I could run around and do a bare minimum but... well, it would just be a bit pointless. Setting my alarm early tomorrow and I'll go for a run and just start afresh.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

(expect more days like this as we move towards the back end of March...)

Hey, you didn't have any coffee, so that's something. Take what you can get and make tomorrow do as it's told. One bad day, or even a few scattered about, does not the end of the world make. Letting that bad day beat you would. Stiff upper lip and all that. :P

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

It's all good... Working hard is just as important as exercise and portuguese - AND it provides you the income necessary to continue on. So work well - and tomorrow's another day.

P.S. The back is good! Did a bit of exercise today and all is well! :)

Halfling Scout - Level One: STR 2, DEX 0, STA 3, CON 2, WIS 3, CHA 5

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God,

to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

Romans 12:1

Hey, you didn't have any coffee, so that's something. Take what you can get and make tomorrow do as it's told. One bad day, or even a few scattered about, does not the end of the world make. Letting that bad day beat you would. Stiff upper lip and all that. :tongue:

I had some coffee, but no, not beating myself up. I knew this was going to be a tricky challenge due to work so I'll just do the best I can and stop myself ticking over.

It's all good... Working hard is just as important as exercise and portuguese - AND it provides you the income necessary to continue on. So work well - and tomorrow's another day.

P.S. The back is good! Did a bit of exercise today and all is well! :)

Yerp. Glad to hear your back is holding out too. Right, it's Saturday - let's kick some exercise ass!

That's the spirit

Yep. Breakfast now. Family still asleep, leaving soonish.

Bom dia aptidão de nerd!

Bom dia aptidão de nerd!

Buenos días aptitud seguimiento empollón

Wait does that even make sense? You better not be lieing to me google!

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Glad to hear you're human! :) Days here and there of non-activity aren't deal-breakers... now if you get to 2 weeks without leaving the house, we may have to talk! ;)

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Daily
Take breaks:  N/A - non-working
Daily exercise: Yep - loads! Long run, cycling, walking, swimming with daughter, 45 BW rows while she did timed sprints, ironing (that's an exercise now isn't it? Didn't I read that in the challenge thread...?), bunch of push-ups but not in any sort of organised, measured way.
Daily Portuguese: Sim. Some book larnin' and Portuguese news a breakfast: Passos Coelho - disagrees with everyone about minimum wage; Economy - stabilising; Hugo Chavez - Still dead; Weather - Scorchio!

Weekly
3xRTP News: 3
Try a New thing:  Planning Plank Rows v2.0 tomorrow after some actual proper in-a-boat rowing
1 short fast run:  Yes. It's amazing what a difference the arms make! Waffley meditations on running style here if anyone's interested
1 long run:  Double-Dipped!

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters:  0.3 .
Week of no caffeine: Done and overcooked
Dental Appointment:  Booked. 
Steercert:  Fingers crossed for booking the test tomorrow...
Librivox:  Nope
Give Blood:  Done.
Lose 7lb: Well, I know I have had an off day food-wise one day this week but even so I was a little depressed to find I was still on 12st 6lb today - Over-all, I've done really well this week and I was expecting to be down a bit more than that. Even the blow-up day yesterday wasn't snack-heavy, and I've had some pretty solid workouts on 5 of the last 7 days. I was dropping 2-3 pounds a week doing much the same things in challenge 1. WTF? I need to break the deadlock - I'm a bit stuck now. Anyway, enough whining - today was reasonable, food-wise but after all the exercise I sort of squandered my gains by accepting a brownie in the evening. Daughter helpfully jiggled my belly to remind me what a greedy pig I am. I accepted this criticism stoically. If I'm going to make progress I'm going to have to spend more time saying no to chocolatey treats.

Glad to hear you're human! :) Days here and there of non-activity aren't deal-breakers... now if you get to 2 weeks without leaving the house, we may have to talk! ;)

Well, we'll see...

Buenos días aptitud seguimiento empollón

Wait does that even make sense? You better not be lieing to me google!

"Good Morning Fitness-Tracking Nerd"! That's great! I wish I knew a portuguese word for Nerd. Must ask italki. And twitter. Yeah, like twitter's going to know!

"Good Morning Fitness-Tracking Nerd"! That's great! I wish I knew a portuguese word for Nerd. Must ask italki. And twitter. Yeah, like twitter's going to know!

http://www.italki.com/question/184860 <--- No word from twitter yet

Hey! you are, as usual doing great, I think the no coffee crazy nonsense actually paid off fairly well, I am glad for you, I usually have around three cups of coffee a day, and currently adding and substituting some of that with tea, it's amazing how well a fairly good tea tastes compared to the crap I had every once in a while. I still don't get the whole "which tea at which time" British thing, so I drink whatever I feel like whenever I do (yes I am a badass like that, English breakfast at dawn), just don't tell the Queen.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the queen's OK with that. Once it may have been a treasonable offence, but we're more modern now. I mean, I don't even like tea and I have not been locked in the Tower of London - I am allowed to walk around freely so long as I wear my chains and "Non-Tea-Drinker" sash of shame wherever I go. People spit on me of course but that's to be expected.

"I do not like the sash of shame"

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Wow, The Queen has certainly relaxed the rules over there!

I am glad you are actually honest about your progress! Yes, you broke some streaks, but you also did what have to be done at work. Keep rocking!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Google it, thats what I did

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Hey 18ck

Sounds like all your challenge goals are coming along nicely :)  I don't subscribe to the fail day, sometimes circumstances are just beyond your control & that kinda sucks but it isn't a reflection on you :)

Having found out from you about the rotating plank of doom I am now gonna try out these plank rows ... and will deffo stick around to steal more of your awesome try-something-new workouts :)

p.s. scorchio - where?!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

"I do not like the sash of shame"

You do not like the Sash of Shame?

My feelings on it are the same,

But on your log, the win I saw some

So you will wear the Sash of Awesome.

Keep rocking!

:^) thanks!

Google it, thats what I did

Google says Nerd and that's what a lot of Brazilians are saying but it feels like a cop-out

Having found out from you about the rotating plank of doom I am now gonna try out these plank rows ... and will deffo stick around to steal more of your awesome try-something-new workouts :)

Glad to hear the newness is spreading. I had another go at plank rows today. It's good and I'm glad I did it but it didn't rock my world in the way that - say - discovering the crow pose did. I think I will have a crack at something a bit more out-there this week. Today's job: find somewhere nearby where they have a climbing wall... *gulp* *actually the nearest one I know of is in Islington and I'm not traipsing all the way up there. Google, come to my aid!

p.s. scorchio - where?!

Not really. Apparently they had gales and floods in Madeira a few days ago but watching the news always reminds me of

While I was rowing 18ckette and Mrs 18ck have been for a mother's day run. The 7yo managed 2km without stopping, which is great and they did about 5k in total, with the rest being a sort of fartlek of walk run, skip, hop, run-along-a-wall, which sounds like fun! I came back and they were doing a pilates warm-down. Very active. Now we just need to sleep all afternoon to recover!

Re climbing wall - my husband's been to one at Westway, Ladbroke Grove - I'm guessing this link: http://www.westwaysportscentre.org.uk/main.asp?contentID=434&parentID=35

I will have to check out the crow pose! :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Re climbing wall - my husband's been to one at Westway, Ladbroke Grove - I'm guessing this link: http://www.westwaysportscentre.org.uk/main.asp?contentID=434&parentID=35

I will have to check out the crow pose! :)

Found one within cycling distance now and booked for Tuesday but thanks - I'll have a look.

Crow Pose rules!

Portuguese phrase of the day:

Gosto muito o "Morto-vivos, Corre!" = I love "Zombies, Run!"

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines