Train, Maintain, Stay Sane with 18ck

18ck

That is, indeed an evil look, I hope 18ckette kills that bunny before you do.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

That is, indeed an evil look, I hope 18ckette kills that bunny before you do.

:^) It was a present for her from someone whose laptop I fixed, so no worries there. She had a friend over today who helped her to start on the beast's hindquarters.

I've been a bit faily today I'm afraid. Obsessively trying to get ahead of the game so as not to be caught napping if something comes up in the last 2 weeks of the project - I spent all day at home, didn't take enough breaks, didn't exercise, didn't talk much. The only saving grace was that I managed to do some portuguese while some of my scripts were running.

Anyway, still some time left this evening so I think I will dig myself out of a total fail by doing my pushups for the day and then jotting down a to-do list for tomorrow's Steercert test. 

:nightmare: 

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Stats for the last two days combined

Daily
Take breaks:  Not great
Daily exercise: Shit-ton of pushups yesterday
Daily Portuguese: Yes on Saturday

Weekly
3xRTP News: 4
Try a New thing:  Done for the week, considering next week's
1 short fast run:  Yes
1 long run: No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 0.5 
Week of no caffeine: Done 
Dental Appointment:  Booked. 
Steercert:  Booked < ---- starting two and a half hours *gulp*
Librivox:  Nope
Give Blood:  Done.
Lose 7lb: I've at least been eating well (mostly) so I should be OK, although lack of exercise this week might mess me up - we'll see...

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Steercert:  Booked < ---- starting two and a half hours

:D

*does victory dance*

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Daily
Take breaks:  Pretty feeble - maybe 30% of what I need
Daily exercise: 6/7
Daily Portuguese: 6/7. Today's was sculling, riding, running and bw rows - making up for a couple of days of inactivity

Weekly
3xRTP News: 4
Try a New thing:  Done. I've put feelers out to some slackliners in the town where I work and will see if I can try that out this week. Otherwise, I will need to find as new thing and I'm thinking possibly some of the injury-prevention exercises in the book I've been reading
1 short fast run:  Yes
1 long run: Yes

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 0.5 <- - very poor indeed!
Dental Appointment:  Tomorrow (along with a GP appointment, meet-the-teacher and a meeting with an accountant - sounds like a fun packed day!
Steercert:  Passed!
Lose 7lb: 12st 3lb at today's weight in, so 4lb down already, although... how can I put this delicately? Exam nerves may have played their part in the the low weigh-in... Today's food was mostly sensible (fruit, veg, eggs) but there was some home-made carrot-and-walnut bread and some dark chocolate on offer so I had moderate amounts of each!

...as you can see, it's been a busy day and I have been cold and wet throughout - it rained while we were out rowing and we got caught in the wash of some stupid launch driver so we were soaked, then it rained while I was cycling up to Richmond and it rained while I was running. I was pretty drained and cold but wasn't about to waste my best chance at a proper day's workout this week, and I ended up wet and muddy, but it was good!

I'm really pleased about passing my steercert practical; in fact, I'm more pleased than I was last year when I got my degree - yes, as you can see, I've got my priorities right!

18ckette has been out running with mummy too and also loves jumping in muddy puddles - she's a chip off the old block and no mistake!

Nice job making the best of a rainy day, and congrats on passing the steercert test!

When I was first scrolling down past the chocolate bunny picture, I thought those shiny bronze bulges looked like a bodybuilder! :)

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

Nice job making the best of a rainy day, and congrats on passing the steercert test!

When I was first scrolling down past the chocolate bunny picture, I thought those shiny bronze bulges looked like a bodybuilder! :)

Thanks

Hm... there's an angle the confectionery industry can use to tap the fitness market: "Celebrate World Health and Fitness Day with a life-size chocolate bodybuilder!" 

Daily
Take breaks:  I did well at this but mainly because all my appointments meant I didn't have much choice!
Daily exercise: 170 pushups.  
Daily Portuguese: music, podcast, maths quiz

Weekly
3xRTP News: 0
Try a New thing:  Still no word from the slackliners. I think I need a plan B for something cool and new to do this week...
1 short fast run:  No
1 long run: No

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 0.6 <- - very poor indeed!
Dental Appointment:  Done. And for my next trick - flossing!
Steercert:  Passed
Lose 7lb: Eating reasonably OK today except for the bread... 3 slices of leftover carrot and walnut bread made by Mrs 18ck. It's all gone now.

Note to self: hide baking tins.

170 push-ups!  That's a big improvement as I recall from your last challenge!  Go 18ck!!

And what is steercert?  My lavasoft-plugin-replace-google-as-default-chrome-search-engine didn't come up with any results for what that might be so I have no clue :D  Congrats on passing your exam all the same!!!! :D

p.s. comic sans font - I know people who have killed over less.  Wait, that came out wrong... Treat it as in-character ;)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Congrats on passing your test, you seemed pretty anxious about it.  Nicely done!

Thanks!

170 push-ups!  That's a big improvement as I recall from your last challenge!  Go 18ck!!

And what is steercert?  My lavasoft-plugin-replace-google-as-default-chrome-search-engine didn't come up with any results for what that might be so I have no clue :D  Congrats on passing your exam all the same!!!! :D

p.s. comic sans font - I know people who have killed over less.  Wait, that came out wrong... Treat it as in-character ;)

Yep, getting stronger bit-by-bit! 

The steercert is a test you have to pass to be able to steer in the Thames between Richmond and Putney. The river is very bendy and tidal so there are rules dating back to (insert very long-ago-date here) around where you have to row depending on your direction and the direction of the tide, and you have to know where to be, when to cross and various bits of etiquette and safety knowledge. There's a written test and a practical but the assessor is a volunteer so if I drag him out on a wet Sunday and make a balls-up of it it would have been embarrassing. 

Anyway, now I have a lot more freedom to row as-and-when, not just on Sundays and I look forward to making use of that when the weather gets a bit warmer!

Oh and Comic Sans MS, yes, your drow self is quite right.

I think the thought of killing someone over a font is outrageous, even if it's a bloke using coming sans, I mean, life imprisonment with some corporal punishment and no access to technology should suffice.

german

monkey scout

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Daily

Take breaks:  Pretty decent breaks today

Daily exercise: Yep! 4 sets of tabata workouts - right and left hand toolbox rows, squat jumps and butterfly situps. Totally full-on: my hands were shaking when I ate my lunch afterwards. 

Daily Portuguese: Yep - RTP news. Savers are not reacting well to events in Cyprus, and there were many interviews with greek-speakers, which was no help!

Weekly

3xRTP News: 1

Try a New thing:  Um... no plans. Suggestions anyone?

1 short fast run:  No

1 long run: No. I think I'll do this tomorrow. Mrs 18ck came home glowing from hers after doing a progression run and whacking like 10% off her PB. Envy.

In Challenge

2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 0.6 

Dental Appointment:  Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 1 

Steercert:  Done

Lose 7lb: A very fruity, proteiny day. 

I think the thought of killing someone over a font is outrageous, even if it's a bloke using coming sans, I mean, life imprisonment with some corporal punishment and no access to technology should suffice.

No! String me up!

Not sure if any of these would be new for you, but here are some random ideas:

Jump rope

Racquetball

Wall climbing

Obstacle course

Crab walk or bear crawl, flat or on stairs

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

I know the date is off for this challenge, but...

henley

german

monkey scout

I know the date is off for this challenge, but...

henley

I definitely have to do that - or something like it - in another challenge!

Not sure if any of these would be new for you, but here are some random ideas:

Jump rope

Racquetball

Wall climbing

Obstacle course

Crab walk or bear crawl, flat or on stairs

Thanks. I've had a go at a most of those (in fact wall climbing was my "try a new thing" last week!) but I'd love to have a go at an obstacle course. Unfortunately, I don't know anywhere  I can just go and do one at the drop of a hat so I thought maybe I'd sign on for something like the "Survival of the Fittest" later in the year. 

Hm... *strokes chin*

(in fact wall climbing was my "try a new thing" last week!)

Oops.  Gotta read threads more carefully...

Unfortunately, I don't know anywhere  I can just go and do one at the drop of a hat.

Maybe you could make one? Or design a circuit of challenges/exercises at a local playground/park?

http://www.ehow.com/how_8480663_make-homemade-obstacle-course.html

Indeed, something more official and already in place would be sweet.

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

Daily
Take breaks:  Pretty decent breaks today
Daily exercise: Yep! Short, fast run at lunchtime - about 1.5k in vibrams, followed by a longer run - 11.5k on trails. I'm getting better at using my momentum and opening up my shoulders but there are still a lot of things I need to improve. I felt like I was flying along but my time was only 65 minutes - so I have a lo-o-ong way to go! I blame the mud, which was ankle deep in places, and most of those places were on hills. And part of the sole of my shoe fell off. Enough excuses? Good, I'll stop then. 

I also tried some negative pullups but then remembered those toolbox rows yesterday and stopped again. Ow!
Daily Portuguese: Tintim e a Orelha Quebrada

Weekly
3xRTP News: 1
Try a New thing:  I'm being picky aren't I? I'm sort of in the mood for a new yoga pose so I think I will research something suitably fiddly and have a go at that for the rest of the week. Still no news from the slackbladders. I contacted them through facebook - not something i usually use - and I may have made gaffe in the way I did it - I dunno.
1 short fast run:  Yep
1 long run: Yep. A long way from Mrs 18ck's PB form yesterday though so I have not curbed my envy!

In Challenge
2x Lathrop and Dias Chapters: 0.6 <-- feeble
Dental Appointment:  Done. -> Flossing Streak @ 2 
Steercert:  Done
Librivox:  Nope <-- i really ought to get on this...
Lose 7lb: NBF* all morning and early afternoon and I weighed myself hovering between 12/1 and 12/2, but today's dinner was a commiseration meal for Mrs 18ck who has the terrible misfortune of having been married to me for 11 years today, and we ate a bit more than normal and drowned her sorrows in cava. My first alcohol of this challenge. Mm, delicious liquid calories!

*= "Nothing But Fruit"

Things are going pretty well for you, sir, *hats off*

german

monkey scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines