Aeryn's Spring Challenge

Aeryn

Great, now I have Queen stuck in my head.

Ha, and now so do I. Awesome. And I do, in fact, want it now, too.

Did another handstand and juggling practice this evening. I have this entirely irrational fear every time I start a handstand practice that I suddenly won't be able to do one. But it's never true - I did four today, still trying to control the balance when I tap off the wall. Also did my five-ball work, working particularly on controlling height, got a few more stable runs, but nothing significant.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Did another handstand and juggling practice this evening. 

Immediate thought was "Good grief, juggling with the FEET while in a ohhhhhhhhh..."

Farwalker, Climber of Sorcerous Stairs
L2 Troll Assassin
| STR: 2.8 | DEX: 6 | CON: 3.8 | STA: 5 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 6 |
Challenge #1: Saving Throw vs February
"I always assume everything is a trap, which is why I'm still alive." Prince Humperdinck, The Princess Bride

Immediate thought was "Good grief, juggling with the FEET while in a ohhhhhhhhh..."

Oh my gosh, that would be awesome! But no, I'm just stacking these two practice sessions because I do them in the same place and it's convenient.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Holy crap that juggling is awesome! I'm totally jealous.

This actually makes me think that it would be cool to expand the mini challenges to stuff like this. Assassins are supposed to have dexterity and skill, not just strength! It'd be fun to have things like "learn to juggle" or "learn to shoot a bow and arrow", stuff like that.

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

This actually makes me think that it would be cool to expand the mini challenges to stuff like this. Assassins are supposed to have dexterity and skill, not just strength! It'd be fun to have things like "learn to juggle" or "learn to shoot a bow and arrow", stuff like that.

I'm down for that idea.  I can juggle, just not for very long.  And I could certainly afford to work on it.  We're also supposed to be masters of disguise.  We could do something like, "style your hair differently or try out some different make-up."  Not really a skill, but it would be interesting to see what people can do with a little external motivation.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

I LOVE YOUR JUGGLING VIDEO.  (end transmission)

Whoops, missed this yesterday - thanks! There will be more, assuming I get better...

Oooh, that could be interesting. Tough for some of the things that require very specific equipment, but still... interesting.

Juggling video is awesome! And skin-the-cats?

Excellent work!

Thanks! Skin-the-cat is one of those things I remember doing a lot as a kid on the monkey bars, so it's fun to mess with them again as an adult.

I'm down for that idea.  I can juggle, just not for very long.  And I could certainly afford to work on it.  We're also supposed to be masters of disguise.  We could do something like, "style your hair differently or try out some different make-up."  Not really a skill, but it would be interesting to see what people can do with a little external motivation.

Huh, that's something I never would've thought of, but you're right, it could be cool.

I'm headed out of town for the weekend, so I'll be less active on the boards, but I'll be back in a couple days!

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Don't be gone too long, we want to see Great Balls of Fire..... being juggled.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Ha, and now so do I. Awesome. And I do, in fact, want it now, too.

Did another handstand and juggling practice this evening. I have this entirely irrational fear every time I start a handstand practice that I suddenly won't be able to do one. But it's never true - I did four today, still trying to control the balance when I tap off the wall. Also did my five-ball work, working particularly on controlling height, got a few more stable runs, but nothing significant.

Just scrolling through the thread and its stuck in my head too...and I don't even listen to Queen often!

Great job on the challenge so far!

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Thanks! The juggling balls are actually beanbags I made a really long time ago - they're cloth cubes filled with rice. They're a good weight and size, though they're not all identical weights, which is a minor flaw. I'm thinking I might buy a set of good leather beanbags as a reward at the end of the challenge, if I achieve my goal.

Thanks - I've just cleared the end table of random stacks, and it is amazing how much it's making me happy. Also, there were magazines from three years ago in the pile. And a book I borrowed from my nephew two years ago. Whoops. Progress is being made, though!

I'd love to get some new juggling bean bags. I had some when I learned 10 or so years ago but I have no idea where they might be. And I can't believe that was 10 years ago. Mind blown.

One of my favorite cleaning stories:

I decided to clean out the hall closet in my apartment. That night when my roommate got home and opened it, he thought I had thrown out half the stuff in the closet cause there was almost a whole shelf that was empty. But really I just organized it and neatly put it back. Lol. He was impressed I think :-)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Had a lovely weekend with my sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews. And when I got home, third workout of the week:

Push-up variety pack:

Close-hand push-ups: 8

Pike push-ups: 8

Diamond push-ups: 4,4

Circuit:

Band assisted pull-ups, knee(foot): 4(4), 4(4), 5(3)

Hanging L-sit, bent knees(sec): 20, 20, 15

Bodyweight rows: 9/9/9

Pistol leg extensions, 15 sec: 2/2/2

Doorway assisted pistols: 5/5/5

Hollow hold (sec): 60/60/60

I'm not a huge fan of evening workouts - I'm less focused, and I've eaten way too recently - for my morning workouts I don't eat before them at all. It's a fair trade-off for a weekend out of town, though!

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Had a lovely weekend with my sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews. And when I got home, third workout of the week:

Push-up variety pack:

Close-hand push-ups: 8

Pike push-ups: 8

Diamond push-ups: 4,4

Circuit:

Band assisted pull-ups, knee(foot): 4(4), 4(4), 5(3)

Hanging L-sit, bent knees(sec): 20, 20, 15

Bodyweight rows: 9/9/9

Pistol leg extensions, 15 sec: 2/2/2

Doorway assisted pistols: 5/5/5

Hollow hold (sec): 60/60/60

I'm not a huge fan of evening workouts - I'm less focused, and I've eaten way too recently - for my morning workouts I don't eat before them at all. It's a fair trade-off for a weekend out of town, though!

I'm the same, better to get it out of the way in the morning. At least you got it done!

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Way to dominate the last challenge :) and it looks like you are well on your way to dominating this one as well!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Whoa, wait a second here - I wake up this morning to find I WON the last challenge? You guys, that is crazy! And awesome! I'm seriously doing a happy dance in my chair right now. There is no way I would've stuck with this whole strength training thing without all of you people and your support and guidance - thank you all so much! I love this place.

That's a really good workout:)

Thanks - it's gradually getting better, every time...

Glad you had a good weekend with your family and still managed to get a workout in! Thats definitely not easy.

I'm the same, better to get it out of the way in the morning. At least you got it done!

Thanks! This is why I like the 3x a week goal - makes me much less likely to skip a day for things like going out of town!

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Aeryn, you deserve it, sir, CONGRATZ! I voted for you ;) !! Nothing against, Waldo, but I thought you kicked major ass and still continue the kicking today!! Great workout up above, sir. You make the Assassin's Guild...

EXTREMELY PROUD!

I'd follow you into battle any day of the week, Aeryn!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Aeryn, you deserve it, sir, CONGRATZ! I voted for you ;) !! Nothing against, Waldo, but I thought you kicked major ass and still continue the kicking today!! Great workout up above, sir. You make the Assassin's Guild...

EXTREMELY PROUD!

I'd follow you into battle any day of the week, Aeryn!

Wolf

Thanks, Wolf! Your constant enthusiasm always makes me smile.

Congrats on winning the last challenge!

I didn't follow along with you last time, but I am this time.

Thanks! Yeah, we missed each other last time - I wasn't following you 'til this challenge, either!

And to think I knew you before you won.......

It was a simpler time, so long ago...

Even though I didn't really keep up with other peoples' challenges last time around, you still supported me and cheered me on! You deserve to win!

Thanks! You deserve to be cheered on and supported! I'd follow everyone if there was enough time in the day...

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Hey hey! Congrats on your being the #1 Assassin!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines