Red and the Bard Challenge Thread

Red1263

Good work with keeping that bard quiet!

Keep on going Red!

Thanks Kibcy!

Awesome job, Red. :)

Moar catchup!

Thanks Loren, and Alright, alright, Sheesh!

________________________________________________________________________________

Week 3 Day 1:

It was an off-day, I (along with my family) ran a LOT of errands, and didn't even get home until 7PM, then we waited for my brother to get back from his trip to Boston, so there was no chance to exercise then

Day 2:

Oh man, It was INCOMPLETE! For the last couple of days, I've idiotically been staying up until 2 AM and so, during said following days, I'd be tired and sleepy, but when I tried to work out today, I felt dizzy and then I met Pukey the Clown. So needless to say, I need to fix my sleeping immediately! So this is all that I got so far:

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 100 Jumping jacks as the Warmup
  • 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Walking Lunges
  • 2 sets of Pull-ups with 45 second break: 10, 5 (Total: 15)
  • 1 set of Dips with 45 second break: 13...

This is where I started feeling dizzy and had to stop. Man, I'm kinda disappointed in myself for this. But on the plus side, I'm about 2/3rds in learning Pachebel's Canon. So it won't be long until I have it down and being able to play it with few mistakes!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Oh no D: dizziness and puking are not good!!! Get some more rest at night!!!

I'm sure you'll do better again after resting up.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I feel ya on the poor sleep thing, it's something I struggle with all the time. I'm not a good sleeper and have yet to find a way to become one, and am always amazed at how much more smoothly things go when I've had a good night's sleep. Good luck getting that back on track!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Oh no D: dizziness and puking are not good!!! Get some more rest at night!!!

I'm sure you'll do better again after resting up.

Sleep is so important. I'm always shocked at how awesome life is when I get it, and how everything sucks when I don't!

I feel ya on the poor sleep thing, it's something I struggle with all the time. I'm not a good sleeper and have yet to find a way to become one, and am always amazed at how much more smoothly things go when I've had a good night's sleep. Good luck getting that back on track!!

Thanks for the support, and yeah, I'm an idiot, but you guys will be happy to know that since that day I've forced myself to start developing better sleeping patterns and that I'm feeling great!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Day 3

I didn't get any training done, I had to take my mom to the doctors and afterwards we stocked up on much needed fruits and veggies. So at least, I can start cleaning up my eating. Also, I practiced the Piano in the evening.

Day 4

Ha ha! I feel great! My immediate changes to my sleeping patterns (basically sleeping earlier) paid off and I'm happy to present...

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Walking Lunges
  • 3 sets of Dips with 45 second break: 12, 5, 6 (Total: 23)
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 1-armed Plank: 21 seconds R-A/L-L; 31 seconds L-A/R-L as seen here:http://www.beastskil...ntplanknext.jpg
  • Stretching

Ha ha ha! I'm 5 Pull-ups away from getting this goal! The Dips are another story, but I regret to inform that I still haven't worked on my Handstand in some time. So I need to get back on that! Piano-wise, I'm happy to inform that I have Canon down! I still need to keep practicing it so that I can play it without mistakes, then at the end of this challenge, I'll post a video of my playing it.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Go Red!! You're doing great!!

Ha ha ha,! I'm feeling great!

Day 5

Started to feel lazy since I wasn't working on my Handstand, so in order to rid myself of said slothy feeling, I started to work on my Handstand. I've found a newer larger wall to practice on, except that it's on concrete, but that's no problem, also, I'm finding myself still having trouble committing to the kicking up part of the Back-to-Wall Handstand. So I started working on trying to landing towards my sides to get out of the Handstand, heh even that was rather difficult, but I still managed to hold myself at a roughly 45 degree angle and do mountain climbers (by bringing my knees to my chest as slowly as possible) to help my arms get used to stabilizing myself while upside down I've done this for roughly a minute while taking a break for a couple of seconds.

Also I tried doing 1A1L Planks: 31 seconds(RA/LL) and 33 seconds(LA/RL)

So all in all, a productive day!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Good job on that handstand!!!

I can't even hold my weight on my hands at all, so I'm impressed :)

Spoiler

Way to go on sleep, sir, it will save your life! As everyone has already said, sleep makes EVERYTHING easier, lol. And way to go on getting some handstand work in.. I always feel beast after practicing them! Keep it up, Red!!! Can't wait to see the piano video :)

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Good job on that handstand!!!

I can't even hold my weight on my hands at all, so I'm impressed :)

I'm so close to my goal, but there's a mental block I need to overcome!

Way to go on sleep, sir, it will save your life! As everyone has already said, sleep makes EVERYTHING easier, lol. And way to go on getting some handstand work in.. I always feel beast after practicing them! Keep it up, Red!!! Can't wait to see the piano video :)

Wolf

Yeah, I know, I made myself sleep by telling myself that I'm staying up late for literally no important reason, so I slept earlier. Handstand work is difficult, but mentally, excruciating!

MOAR, moar catchup.

Otherwise, those look like great workouts. :)

Augh!! Keep pushing me Loren, and I'll.... I'll... uhhh... write such a letter!

Week 3 Day 1:

I got no training done today, I went to my Uncle's Funeral, it's all good, I didn't really know the man, but it was nice to hear the impact he had on other people.

Week 3 Day 2:

So all this week, I'm taking stuff down from my mom's room so she can have her carpet removed, and so space is getting very limited for me, therefore my routine will have to adapt to such. So without further ado...

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 3 sets of Dips with 45 second break: 13, 8, 5 (Total: 26)
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 1-armed Plank: 39 seconds R-A/L-L; 15 seconds L-A/R-L as seen here:http://www.beastskil...ntplanknext.jpg
  • Stretching

No idea how I got 15 seconds on my other plank, but meh, I'm improving on one side, so that's good enough for me, random fluke, I suppose, but in either case, I got my goals in. No Piano practice tonight because I have to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to drive my brother to the metro station.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I'm taking stuff down from my mom's room

I would count this as exercise haha :)

You're going good Red! Just keep going.

Spoiler

I would count this as exercise haha :)

You're going good Red! Just keep going.

As it's already been implied I'm going to keep swimming-- err Going!

Pretty much.

Nice! Wolvie, this is actually motivational.

LOL <3  This looks so familiar........ hm hm hm hmmmmm i love to swiiiiiiiimmmmm

I don't really have any thing to add that everyone else isn't saying, but  GO YOU! DO THE THINGS! 

I GO! I DO DA TINGS!!

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges 
  • 2 sets of Pull-ups with 45 second break: 12, 5 (Total: 17)
  • 2 sets of Dips with 45 second break: 15, 10 (Total: 25)
  • 1 sets of Chin-ups: 10
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 1-armed Plank: 36 seconds R-A/L-L; 28 seconds L-A/R-L as seen here:http://www.beastskil...ntplanknext.jpg
  • Stretching

I'm such an idiot, I was looking around thinking that I couldn't do walking lunges when I could've just been standing there doing STANDING lunges! Sometimes I question my intelligence >.>

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I GO! I DO DA TINGS!!

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges 
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 1-armed Plank: 36 seconds R-A/L-L; 28 seconds L-A/R-L as seen here:http://www.beastskil...ntplanknext.jpg
  • Stretching

I'm such an idiot, I was looking around thinking that I couldn't do walking lunges when I could've just been standing there doing STANDING lunges! Sometimes I question my intelligence >.>

LOL sadly that sounds like something I would do. I hope your standing lunges met your walking lunge standards.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

I think walking is easier too.  I prefer standing because I can mark the floor (either literally or just with a visual cue) and always hit the same spot and level of depth.  When walking it's much easier to make the move easier as you get tired.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

LOL sadly that sounds like something I would do. I hope your standing lunges met your walking lunge standards.

Do you find standing lunges harder than walking lunges? Someone once mentioned to me that the walking ones are harder, but I find the opposite, the momentum of moving forward makes them easier for me...

I think walking is easier too.  I prefer standing because I can mark the floor (either literally or just with a visual cue) and always hit the same spot and level of depth.  When walking it's much easier to make the move easier as you get tired.

You know, I think Walking Lunges are more difficult, because when you press you're trying to stabilize yourself from the momentum from the previous step, I've been known to start leaning to the side for some steps, With Standing Lunges, my near-falls are pure random and gravity ^_^;; But with Standing Lunges you can be more accurate in your steps.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I love walking lunges too, especially if I hold a dumbbell in one hand as I do them. It really helps me focus on keeping strict form. Way to improvise though. ;)

I would totally fall over if I had a dumbbell in only one hand while I did walking lunges. Just saying.

I think I would too, My body is adaptable and that can be read as constantly tripping all over the place. 

Yesterday I was doing final preparations for moving my mom out of the house, Sunday is when I'll finally get her to my bros house after moving LOTS of heavy stuff, so today, I'm just kidding it back and resting up until tomorrow. Also I did some piano practice last night as well as looking up a new way to improving my Handstand training, thanks to Mily. So right now, so far so good!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I GO! I DO DA TINGS!!

ABW circuit with Goals:

• 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges 
  • 10 Push-ups
  • Stretching

LMAO. Still looks like a fantastic workout though. 10 Chin ups in a row? Color me impressed.

LMAO. Still looks like a fantastic workout though. 10 Chin ups in a row? Color me impressed.

*Pulls out a paintbrush*... Oh, you meant metaphorically, err right.... >.>

Oh man, Talk about heavy lifting! Besides moving wooden drawers (not too big, mind you), replacing them from one locations to another, then lifting the heaviest final furniture which were the Hospital bed (with a VERY heavy motor), a regular bed (with a not has heavy motor), and several small other things (ie flatscreen TV, table, etc). But I've gotta admit, when I was in the middle of carrying that bed (from upstairs to downstairs) I was sweating pretty significantly, enough were I can probably *cough* cheat *cough* errr by saying this would be my workout for the day ^_^;; *cough*

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines