Sea Level's Get-a-Move-On Challenge

Sea Level

'sup Assassins? Sea Level here for round ... what? Wow, I look at the date, and by the time this challenge is over, I will have been a member of the rebellion for nearly one year. Shazam!

The rebellion has done wonders, and I need to bounce back after my poor showing last challenge. To wit, I offer for your viewing pleasure Challenge, Round VI 

The goals:

1. Hanging around the bars! No, not those bars. I want to continue my work on the hanging bar and the floor bar (i.e., pull-up bar and parallettes). I've got the equipment; I just gotta use it. Three workouts weekly to get back in the hang of things. :) (+3STR, +2STA, +1CHA)

2. Get a Move On! I am a music nut. I've been acquiring quite a bit lately. And I'm a dancer: swing is my specialty, but I've found myself moving to lots of music, whether it's swing or not. So the challenge will be as follows: at least three times weekly, I will set the iTunes to shuffle for 10 minutes and will move how ever I see fit. (I have 15 days of music according to iTunes, so I will see what I come up with.) I'll provide a daily report of the songs I get in that 10 minute time. I think this'll be an interesting one. (+2STA, +2CHA, +1WIS)

3. Stretch it Out! My flexibility is pretty craptacular. Partially because of my arthritis. It's a war against inertia, age, and my own body attacking itself! Ack. Thrice weekly I will spend 20 minutes stretching or doing yoga. I'd like to be able to do a pike stretch and consistent toe touching. (+1CON, +1STR)

4. Life Goal: Hold the internet. I've been blocking my at-home internet for most of the day except the hours between 6 pm and 8:30 pm on my work days. I'd like to continue that and (gasp) do it on the weekends, too. I have loads of books lying around, and I have a national park outside my door. If I can keep off the at-home internets but for that 2.5-hour window, I will earn +2WIS

Whaddya think?

Oh, and to start us out on the right foot, so to speak: Our traditional swing video. It's an oldie, but a goodie. "For Dancers Only" is the song, and it's a fantastic one, performed live. My favorites are the first and last couples.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

I LOVE your dance goal (as per usual), and you've added an additional awesome twist this round.  I'm looking forward to how this plays out... and other than the fact that 2.5 hours of Internet means we'll see less of you on the boards, I like that goal too.  :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I LOVE your dance goal (as per usual), and you've added an additional awesome twist this round.  I'm looking forward to how this plays out... and other than the fact that 2.5 hours of Internet means we'll see less of you on the boards, I like that goal too.   :)

It'll just be a challenge of efficiency. Get the work done in 2.5 hours. Bam. 

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Wait, you're reading..... O-O-O-Outside?! That's Fantastic! but I'm honestly waiting to see you start learning Break dancing! You'd be infamous among the nerds!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Fun and awesome goals as always. And I love the vid!  Guess what? I can actually do some of those swing dance moves now! And hubby and I got a certificate of swing dancing achievement for finishing our class, and if we had had an awards ceremony I would have thanked you and your awesome vids for thier inspiration!

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

We should have a fake awards show just so that you can make your speech (and the music will swell and cut you off before you're finished).  It'll be awesome.

This HAS to happen

I'd like to thank the academy. You love me! You really love me!

Yo ASL!

I am excited about your random music dance goal.  It sounds fun!

I love your goals! I think I may steal your daily dance idea for my daughter and I. She loves music, but I don't spend enough time sharing it with her.

Thanks! Day one did not disappoint.

Day 1

10-minute movement:

"Loreta and Desireé's Bouquet, Pt. 2" by George Winston

"Omnia sol temperat," from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

"Mallard Island Hymn" by Peter Ostrushko from Ken Burns's "The National Parks"

"The Beast" by the Fugees

(Interesting combination: mostly slow, waltzes, operatic, then the Fugees. Hm.)

Chin-ups 8 / 3

Quadrupedal Movement: Bear crawls, crab walks. (Mega-fun and challenging!)

Fun stuff. I may do that 10-minute movement every day.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Love the playlist, particularly Orff's Carmina Burana--most people would know "O Fortuna" from the seemingly billion trailers it appeared in, but the whole series is worth a listen. May have to start tracking my own workout playlists just out of curiosity.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Your goals are awesome. And the dance-to-four-random-songs is so awesome/hilarious that I'm going to do that at some point, just for kicks. Looking forward to you destroying this challenge, ASL! Get it.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

I think this may be a daily routine. Good challenge.

Today's Playlist:

"Mairzy Doats" by Bing Crosby

"Anthem" by Tree 63

"Wrong Turn" by Jack Johnson

"Go Down Gamblin'" by Blood, Sweat and Tears

--A swing number and two slow songs, so I was glad to get some BS&T. Upbeat, and horns!

Oh, and I found this awesome jazz routine. This will go on the to-learn list.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

We should have a fake awards show just so that you can make your speech (and the music will swell and cut you off before you're finished).  It'll be awesome.

Then SeaLevel show off his awesome dance moves

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Then SeaLevel show off his awesome dance moves

Especially if it's the "Jaws" theme. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

That routine looks like so much fun. Annnnnd now I'm googling swing dancing classes in NYC. TOO MANY COOL THINGS TO LEARN AAHH. Could you recommend any routines for beginner videos on Youtube or anything? I'm dead serious; I feel like my tendency to be all feet and elbows could really be a hidden gift here.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines