Scouts General Chat

Shukar

Alright Scouts. I don't know that we've done a General Chat thread before so here goes. Got something to say that's not related to a specific challenge but just needs saying? Looking for someone to talk to, random advice, just got something to get off your chest? The Scouts are here for you, and often also in IRC. Let the conversation be opened, and the miles be ever in your favor!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

This looks like a thread that wants pinning!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

This looks like a thread that wants pinning!

So true

Tada!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I knew I forgot something!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I knew I forgot something!

I got yo back

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi friends!

Don't forget- tomorrow at midnight est is the last chance to post your write up over on the last challenges report thread to be considered for the scout champion!!!!

Hugs n high fives!

My Blog | My Story

Hey shiny button people! Do you guys have plans for a mini-challenge or would you like me to tackle it again?

we have it ready to go!

Thank you! ( not as much awesome story telling as yours, though!!! )

My Blog | My Story

Hey shiny button people! Do you guys have plans for a mini-challenge or would you like me to tackle it again?

we have it ready to go!

Thank you! ( not as much awesome story telling as yours, though!!! )

I'd quite like to have a crack at one sometime too. Not this challenge though - busy, busy - just wanted to put my hat in the ring for some future challenge... I had a scenario roughed out during the last challenge but was too slow off the mark and it's still sitting in Evernote waiting to be resurrected.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I'd quite like to have a crack at one sometime too. Not this challenge though - busy, busy - just wanted to put my hat in the ring for some future challenge... I had a scenario roughed out during the last challenge but was too slow off the mark and it's still sitting in Evernote waiting to be resurrected.

Thanks for the offer! We will keep that in mind when we start planning the next one!

My Blog | My Story

we have it ready to go!

Awesome!!! Will be looking forward to it.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

There are now two new pinned threads here in the land of Scouts containing the Challenges for the next six weeks. Peruse, sign on, get ready to rock. 

Links:

Race Around the World: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/24893-scouts-race-around-the-world/

Scouts Mini-Challenge: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/24907-scouts-mini-challenge-thread/

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

If a Scout feels the need to just chat,

There's a thread where that chat should be at.

The point of this post,

Less important than most,

Is merely subscribing to that.

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

This is awesome! 

I am curious, and since I trust my fellow Scouts most, could someone please give me a title for the following description.

I consider myself a "nerd", because I like "nerdy" things.....Star Wars, LOTR, some RPGs, etc.  The problem is, I am not as knowledgable as other "nerds" about these things.  I get lost sometimes in some of the things discussed on this site.  Through context clues and a little "looking up" things I am able to keep up. 

Just wondering what someone like myself is called in the "Nerd Community". 

Élan Scout Level 2STR-5, DEX-4.5, STA-8.25, CON-1.5, WIS-3, CHA-2I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Compete Everyday

This is awesome! 

I am curious, and since I trust my fellow Scouts most, could someone please give me a title for the following description.

I consider myself a "nerd", because I like "nerdy" things.....Star Wars, LOTR, some RPGs, etc.  The problem is, I am not as knowledgable as other "nerds" about these things.  I get lost sometimes in some of the things discussed on this site.  Through context clues and a little "looking up" things I am able to keep up. 

Just wondering what someone like myself is called in the "Nerd Community". 

You're still a nerd. You don't need a sub-title! 

You're every bit as awesome as someone that can recite every line from StarWars or any other thing you mentioned!

Don't you ever forget that!

I'd guess we're all like that in our own way... expert in some things, casual fan of other things, total newbie in others still.  For example, I know a lot about word and math games and puzzles; a fair bit about Star Wars, Star Trek, and LOTR; and next to nothing about recent (post-2000) video games.

Anyhow, playing off the term "casual fan," maybe one can be a "casual nerd." :)

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

I'm agreeing with Pixie- no subtitles necessary!!!

My Blog | My Story

I'd guess we're all like that in our own way... expert in some things, casual fan of other things, total newbie in others still.  For example, I know a lot about word and math games and puzzles; a fair bit about Star Wars, Star Trek, and LOTR; and next to nothing about recent (post-2000) video games.

Anyhow, playing off the term "casual fan," maybe one can be a "casual nerd." :)

I was thinking something along the lines of "Quasi-nerd", or something of the likes.

Élan Scout Level 2STR-5, DEX-4.5, STA-8.25, CON-1.5, WIS-3, CHA-2I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Compete Everyday

So in case you are watching this thread but not the poll thread. The poll for last challenges Scout champion is now closed and the winner is 18ck. Congratulations!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Awesome! congrats to 18ck!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines