LynnyLee's challenging herself again

LynnyLee

Here's my basics copied from the sign up page:

Fitness goals:

1. Eat more fruit & veg. I'm going to shoot for 5 servings per day.

2. Continue food diary.

3. Continue strength & flexibility training.

Non-fitness:

Continue my 90 minutes of cleaning a week & start getting organized for out door projects coming this spring.

Way of eating: None in particular.

Useful team forming info: Nothing comes to mind.

Working on a team: Yes please!

Ok, good news is I've been keeping up on doing the challenge, bad news is I've been bad about posting, so here we go:

Day 1

Food diary

Breakfast: banana & some chocolate milk (327 calories)

lunch: empanadas (649 calories)

dinner: husband made hamburger helper & we added some veggies to make it a little less bad for us. I pushed hard at the gym that day, so I pigged out. (1,051 calories)

snack: drank some V8 (70 calories)

recap:

got in strength training at the gym

got all 5 servings of fruit & vegetables

cleaning: none

Day 2

Food diary

breakfast: chocolate milk (285 calories)

lunch: sushi (got rolls with avocado for a serving of fruit) & a piece of cake someone brought to work (706 calories)

dinner: didn't happen I had an awkwardly timed meeting, so I ended up snacking throughout the evening

snacks: had some popcorn & string cheese, terrible I know (290 calories)

1 serving of fruit, no exercise, no cleaning. All around a fail.

Day 2

Food diary

breakfast: protein shake (190 calories)

lunch: mac & cheese (615 calories)

dinner: dance practice night, I grabbed a pizza on the way home & once again I pigged out (1040 calories)

snack: Had an upset stomach half way through the day, so I had some crackers to calm it (70 calories)

recap: Did a lot of stretching after dance, no fruit or veg though, and no cleaning. I really need to get on the whole cleaning thing.

Lynny! Where'd you go! How's it going? Hope all is well!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I've been going through this odd stint where every electronic device I touch seems to malfunction. Got the OS reloaded on my phone now, and swapped out some parts on my computer, so everything's working again. Good thing too. I was about to start having internet withdrawals.

Day 4

Food diary

Breakfast: Chocolate milk and a banana (474 calories)

Lunch: leftover chicken & dumplings from a few nights previous (275 calories)

Dinner: Got home from the gym to find husband playing with the deep fryer. We ended up making chicken and putting some cheese in too. The cheese was a bad idea. I have no self control with fried cheese. Let's just say the workout was canceled out (1465 calories)

No cleaning got done.

2 servings of fruit & veg

Day 5

Food diary

Breakfast: protein shake (190 calories)

Lunch: leftover chicken & dumplings (395 calories)

Dinner: husband's turn to cook again; he did better this time. Made popovers and cut up some fruit. (716 calories)

Snack: had a piece of string cheese (70 calories)

Realized I'd done no cleaning, so I set the timer and attacked the bedroom closet & dressers. Got stuff organized and condensed. 45 minutes total

3 servings of fruits & vegetables

Day 6

Food diary

Breakfast: big glass of chocolate milk (439 calories)

Lunch: had to go straight from dance practice to homeless ministries and McDonald's was the only thing on the way (1150 calories)

Dinner: Made a big pot of pasta with veggies and washed it down with some grape juice (929 calories)

Snack: string cheese (70 calories)

Continued my work organizing the closet & dressers (45 minutes) & then did some yoga.

(3 servings of veggies)

Day 7

Food diary

breakfast: toast & jam (312 calories)

lunch: couldn't resist the urge to stop at Arby's on the way home from church (810 calories)

dinner: Husband made breakfast for dinner. Eggs, hash browns, and an orange. Washed it down with some hot cocoa. (677 calories)

Snack: Had some Cheetos. (160 calories)

More yoga before bed.

1 serving of fruit

recap: Kept up on my workout and food diary. Got my cleaning in too. However I'm still missing the mark on the fruit and veggies.

Have you ever seen the movie Fathead, Lynny? It's ABSOLUTELY worth watching. Interestingly, he managed to lose weight living off of nothing but fastfood for a month. There's nothing wrong with eating at Macdonalds if you pass up the sugary softdrinks and fries - I think you'd be looking at 500 calories or less, which makes it very sustainable to eat. Just a thought.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

Considering how often I am on the run I do need to pick up some fast food healthy eating tips. I usually do skip the fries. I generally skip the soda, but that's to get a shake instead. :(

I've actually discovered that at Burger Kings I don't do bad since I just get a Whopper and water. Need to carry that over to other places.

Well, here's another food diary dump:

Day 8

Lunch: last of the chicken and dumplings (177 calories)

Snacks: Did a lot of snacking since my lunch was so minuscule. Had string cheese had some pita chips (590 calories)

Dinner: Cheesy hamburger has brown stuff (562 calories)

I got out of work late, so I didn't make it to the gym. Came home to discover the cats had made a huge mess in the kitchen, so I spent 30 minutes cleaning that and parlayed it into some additional kitchen cleaning. Did some stretching before bed. As you can see, no fruit or veg. I suck.

Day 9

Lunch: time to start working on the leftover pasta with veggies (465 calories)

After that the whole days was just snacks: cheese popcorn, an orange, some popovers, a banana, grape juice, last of the pita chips, and some cheese. (1463 calories)

The reason the evening was so snacky is that I went to church and the gym. Didn't get any cleaning done though. Got 3.5 servings of fruits & veggies, so I suck a little less.

Day 10

Lunch: more pasta with veggies (543 calories)

Snack: my stomach was a bit upset, so I ate some crackers before dance practice (70 calories)

Dinner: once again grabbed pizza on the way home from dance (1230 calories)

More before bed stretching, but no cleaning and only half a serving of veggies. :(

Day 11

Lunch: Forgot to bring the leftover pasta and ended up at the mercy of my coworkers. They brought McDonald's. (1356 calories).

Dinner: After the gym I got talked into going to a "small get together" that turned out to be a St. Patrick's Day party. I usually don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but I also don't usually make a habit of turning down Midori sours, cheese burgers, sweet potato fries, and mint ice cream in excessive quantities. (1926 calories) Maybe I should make turning those things down a habit; especially on week nights.

No cleaning and no fruit and veg. If not for the gym I'd just call that day a complete waste...

It seems that I have a habit of swinging back and forth between over eating and under eating. And neither has been quality food so far this week. My husband is leaving on a week long TDY tomorrow, and I doubt that will help since when left to my own devices I have a tendency to do stupid things like eat string cheese for dinner. Then again, given the train wreck I had yesterday, string cheese might be an improvement.

Day 12

lunch: pasta with vegetable (465 calories)

dinner: steak & baked potato with a whiskey sour (1,320 calories)

After a brief trip to the gym I did a ton of laundry, cleaning and organizing in the process of helping the husband pack for his TDY. For got to check a clock, but since it most of the evening I'm sure it made up my 90 minutes of cleaning. Only half a serving of vegetables though.

Day 13

breakfast: chocolate milk (455 calories)

lunch: quesadilla with salsa (507 calories)

dinner: Arby's (934 calories)

Honestly, Saturday was terrible. My husband's ship out time kept getting moved, I had a dance event, my sister spent half the day in the E.R. then the other half at my house, my computer tried to commit suicide. Honestly, I'm not really surprised at how bad my eating turned out, there was little other option.

Day 14

breakfast: decided to actually make breakfast: eggs with cheese, hash browns, oranges and. (485 calories)

lunch: Met the family for Sunday lunch, but didn't eat much because I was still full from breakfast. Had a chicken leg and strawberries (149 calories)

Snack: went to evening service at church & didn't want coffee so late, so I got some lemonade (105 calories)

Dinner: Very snacky, had some tuna and crackers, some ice cream, some string cheese (847 calories)

No cleaning or working out. Two servings of fruit. This is through Sunday; end of week 2. I'll cut off here for now.

As you can see, still struggling to get my fruit and veg. I need a plan of attack for this. Perhaps it's time to explore fruit at breakfast option just to get more in. Also there is a bowl of bananas out at work all the time. I need start taking advantage of that.

My overall caloric intake still seems to yo-yo from one extreme to the next. I don't feel sick or week or either end of the see-saw, so I'm not too concerned, but it's good to know this.

Eat some fruit with breakfast, and fruit with your snack. It's so sweet and yummy, you can sneak it in there for an easy 2 servings of fruits a day and before you know it you'll have a habit!

Your protein shakes.. do you blend them? Throwing in a banana or an orange would be really easy. Or eat them on the side. Or pack some veggies and dip and snack on them throughout the day. get a baggy, put in some chopped carrots, put it beside your computer. They'll probably be gone by the end of the day.

- Seneca, 63 AD

Well, last week was nuts. My food diary is more than a little incomplete. I did keep up with my workouts, but cleaning not so much. Between my sick sister, husband gone TDY, extra dance commitments, and work going crazy I just couldn't keep up.

Upside: we got a new customer at work, my sister is doing much better since starting antibiotics and upping her sodium intake, my husband is back home, and I got some extra cash for the dancing. Now, back to my life already in progress...

Awesome, Lynny, head down and power through! Glad your sister is doing better!

- Seneca, 63 AD

Well, once again had a food diary fail.

Still at least attempted everything on the workout menu. Allergy season has hit hard, so anything that involves running has been hampered. Still didn't get 90 minutes of housework done, but logged a solid hour going through a filing cabinet and shredding old stuff. Fruit & veg is still a fail. A little better than when I started the challenge, but still not good.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines