Goodwince - 10 Minutes Challenge

goodwince

Yep I agree with Rob, life is too short, if you want to have a drink then I'm sure in moderation won't hurt you & geez you are only young once!

Once you get to my age then the dr's or your body will make you slow down anyways ;)

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Is yoga something you would consider doing more of?  For me, and especially for guys doing a lot of strength training that do not properly stretch, it really helps stretch out my muscles when they feel super tight.  I also think the heated room helps to loosen up my muscles and give me a deeper stretch.  Yoga also works muscles we are not normally working which over all develops our whole body better.  That’s why it’s good to switch up exercises or have different activities, to target those muscles we don’t hit in our normal workout routine.

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Is yoga something you would consider doing more of?  For me, and especially for guys doing a lot of strength training that do not properly stretch, it really helps stretch out my muscles when they feel super tight.  I also think the heated room helps to loosen up my muscles and give me a deeper stretch.  Yoga also works muscles we are not normally working which over all develops our whole body better.  That’s why it’s good to switch up exercises or have different activities, to target those muscles we don’t hit in our normal workout routine.

^ Sometimes when I'm at home, I turn on a spaceheater on high to pre-warm the room...

The heated room does allow you to stretch deeper. Warm muscles are also more flexible, just like they are stronger. It's a bit of a double edged sword though because the warmth of the muscles allow for deeper stretches and movement into the stretches easier, but it's easier to overstretch the muscle and cause injury in a heated room...

Is it Moksha or Bikram hot yoga you do?

There is no signature here.

Warm muscles are definitely more flexible.  I like to stretch after a run versus after weight training because my muscles feel better in the stretch and I really can go deeper without pain.  Even during yoga my stretches are more painful than after running.  I get a lot of similar things out of yoga that I get from my running.  I do think the relaxation and muscle building is stronger through yoga.

I accidently did Bikram yoga.  I have taken a few classes before the accidental Bikram, the class said heated, but my friend didn't read the description which stated it was a 105 degree class.  The second I walked in I was sweating, it was hot and they didn't just have a heater they had a steamer going so it was yoga in a sauna.  During the class it was very difficult but to be honest I enjoyed the challenge and would like to do it again.  I very much enjoy Moksha.  The most relaxing part of the class is the room being about 95 degrees.  After working your muscles, at the end of the class when you lie in savasana, the heat feels so amazing and your muscles just tingle.  I can lie for a long time.

I have thought about doing what you do, turning on a space heater and having a home yoga heated session.  There is something though about being in class that’s more relaxing than doing it on your own.  Do you pre heat the room for normal workout sessions?  How does it work your muscles differently?

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Savasana is one of the poses I have the most challenges in. I have difficulties just lying there in stillness for long. Whenever I take a class, I'm usually the first or second person up unless it was a vinyasa flow class. I don't want to disrupt the energy...

I agree about the yoga classes being more relaxing than at home. I don't follow along to a DVD or audio track or anything like that at home. I string together most of the poses in the base Moksha sequence with a few additions or subtractions based on what I'm feeling. It's possible to relax into every single pose and attain stillness, but since you're maintaining awareness of time, where you are in the routine and where you're going, the constant need to cue yourself in the poses... It's impossible to maintain the relaxation between the poses the same way you can in class. You just empty your head completely, and stretch....

If I were to pre-heat the room before a weight lifting based workout, I don't think I'd be able to complete it due to heat exhaustion. A five minute general warmup like a slow half-mile run, or some skipping and then a weight based warmup on a per-exercise basis usually has me a sweaty mess from a cold room start. lol. 

There is no signature here.

So because of this thread, Not to steal any lifting thunder....I bought a book on yoga for athletes.  I am interested in learning more, and after this challenge I will go to a yoga class.  May be my next challenge.  We will see.

Now onto what I stopped in for.....

How goes it?  How much heavy stuff have you lifted?    10 minutes at work still going?  Just checking up on you.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Here I am thinking my subscription to your thread isn't working with its email updates, but you just bein lazy and not tellin us whats been up :P

Bet you're still making awesome progress. Join a Oly lifting meet with meee. I cant find any over here on the west coast.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines