Knockingdog's got some senior-it-ASS

TeaKwonDo

Despite spelling "Timber Wolf" like an idiot, that is one bad*ss mothah.  I am now sporting a healthy man crush, one that will have my wife questioning my sexual identity... again... so thanks for that.

You weighting your pistol holds?  Damn, I'm supah jealous of your pistols.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Those pistol holds sound like something worth trying. Seems like it would be good for developing the balance to do pistols.

I fall on my butt from time to time when weighted like he does in that video, no biggie, people in the comments say it makes them harder but I don't think so, maybe slightly.

All of his videos are pretty good. Definitely worth a watch.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Despite spelling "Timber Wolf" like an idiot, that is one bad*ss mothah.  I am now sporting a healthy man crush, one that will have my wife questioning my sexual identity... again... so thanks for that.

You weighting your pistol holds?  Damn, I'm supah jealous of your pistols.

Nothing wrong with a man crush! Like you said, it's healthy. Just wait until other bros start getting man crushes on you.

Nah, didn't weight them this time around, but if my leg feels up to it tomorrow then I'll give it a go.

Those pistol holds sound like something worth trying. Seems like it would be good for developing the balance to do pistols.

I fall on my butt from time to time when weighted like he does in that video, no biggie, people in the comments say it makes them harder but I don't think so, maybe slightly.

All of his videos are pretty good. Definitely worth a watch.

They're awesome for balance. Just don't do what I did and forget about mobility work in the warmup, it increased Butt-Falling Syndrome by approximately 50% on the weaker leg.

Train hard. Drink tea.

I always find your workouts impressive, even the ones you say are easier.

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I always find your workouts impressive, even the ones you say are easier.

Shucks, you're too kind. <3

That Timbah dude is funny and amazing....Thanks for the link!

You're welcome! Totally jealous of how he can make a 100# dumbbell look like nothing.

This thread is full of kick-ass-ery.  Kudos.

And, I just spent 30 minutes watching that guys videos.  I really want to go to the gym now...

Haha, thanks! Now get in there and tear it up. =D

Train hard. Drink tea.

Today's workout was the same setup as last time, but since my home bar is basically easy mode (padded + closer grip than school gym bar), I did the chins and pulls in an L-sit, or the closest I could get, and first great surprise of the day! Hit the lower abs so nicely. Here I thought those muscles would get underworked without squatty action, turns out there's love for it after all.

The only flipside to doing a static-centric workout is time. Nearly 2 hours, oy. But I'd rather going at that slow pace with good form and minimize injury than rush through an ultimately crappy and potentially damaging workout.

Train hard. Drink tea.

First thesis presentation went. Freaking. Awesome.

And yeah had a cool workout, too. Weighted pistol holds are definitely gonna be a thing until my leg is 100% again. Yoga class afterward was not as much fun, since a bunch of poses still hurt like heck, but funnily enough, was feeling pretty good half an hour later afterwards.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Congrats on the thesis! Glad your leg is getting better. I've found that sometimes with yoga too. It feels uncomfortable. a little sore when I'm doing it, but then later everythig feels better

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thesis goodness! Glad things sem to be moving along on the leg.

Your advice helped, to be sure. I'd thought that hypertrophy on other muscles would slow down healing of the injured muscle (or tendon, in this case), but like you said, working out other parts has led to less pain the following day.

Congrats on the thesis! Glad your leg is getting better. I've found that sometimes with yoga too. It feels uncomfortable. a little sore when I'm doing it, but then later everythig feels better

Yoga is a tricky beast. There are some poses that shouldn't be done if you have certain physical problems, yet every pose has benefits, so you gotta pick and choose which ones will work towards your needs.

BADASS!  Woooooo!  Go you!! :D

Thank you! By the way, sipping a mug of sweet potato pie tea (yes, it exists!) and thought of you. It's totally paleo, too. =P

Su-weeeeet.

Never did get to hear what YOUR thesis is about :tongue:

Haha, whoops!

Short version: It's about cosplay.

Long version: It's about cosplay as not an escapist pursuit, the way it has been marketed to the mainstream, but a hyperstylized version of the everyday self-performance.

Train hard. Drink tea.

That's hilarious and probably a bajillion times more interesting than my thesis. Kinda wondering now how you go aboot studying cosplay though.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

That's hilarious and probably a bajillion times more interesting than my thesis. Kinda wondering now how you go aboot studying cosplay though.

Wondering why I didn't think of it myself... "No, dear, I'm going to Comic-Con for SCHOOL."

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Step one: Apply for a grant from the school for summer research on gender and sexuality in cosplay.

Step two: Recieve grant.

Step three: Spend summer going to conventions and interviewing folks.

Step four: Spend next two semesters writing up everything.

Wondering why I didn't think of it myself... "No, dear, I'm going to Comic-Con for SCHOOL."

LAWL that's what happened, pretty much. "Yeah, sorry I can't come in to work that weekend, I'm doing fieldwork... at Anime Expo."

I want some of that tea!

PM me your email and I can send you a coupon as well. It's so good, agh, must share the love.

Train hard. Drink tea.

... So you're getting PAID to attend CONVENTIONS. I sit in a lab and watch a machine tug at a string of guck.

... I chose the wrong profession V.V

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Ran through some statics I haven't touched on in a while, no pun intended, and my tuck L-sit is up to 20s holds with rock-solid form. BALLER. Compared to my struggle to get out 5s at the beginning of last semester, I'm pleased as punch.

Also conducting a bodyhack experiment tonight, massive carb refeed CNS-style and then Sunday is dedicated to rest, dress shopping, and homework. Took pictures of the before, curious what'll happen in the after.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines