Romse's Consistency is Key Challenge

romse

good morning!!

the last two days have been pretty sad. I've eaten a 4/5 for both days, but haven't done anything else because somehow worked both my hip flexors too hard and couldn't move my legs at all without serious ouchies. Not sure if it was the running, the groundwork, or the weird ab exercises we did at the beginning of karate that I may not have been strong enough to do and overcompensated with my hip flexors? Anyways, they're feeling a lot better today, so I've got some catching up to do. gently. :)

Level 0 Human Monk-Apprentice

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

My Current Challenge

Yup, if you're going to keep up with only one, diet is the one to go for. Plus, it's not as if you've been slacking with the workouts previously either. :)

Painful hip flexors are...awkward, to say the least. I try and remember to stretch them after every run, but it's a bit hit and miss.

Always kick higher

Welp, I have some good news and some not so good news:

lets start with the bad: 

I started the week off with a stomach flu that had me in bed and puking for the first half of the week, then in the later half I may/may not have broken my wrist. it hurts like crazy, I got it xrayed and am supposed to hear back monday, they think its my scafoid?. It has set everything off because I can't prepare much of any food and running hurts way too much with the jostling of the arm and typing isn't the easiest thing in the world (it hurts so much and one handed typing is so slow) so work isn't really happening either. This week has been a total write-off because of it. 

the good news:

I think i finally found my real motivation. Not just the "i want to look good naked" motivation. I got asked to plan/set up/design and then teach a women's only kickboxing/cardio/strength style class by my sensei. I'm so ecstatic. First off to be good enough that he wants me to do this, and secondly because I'd love the experience. I told him I would be good to start around the second week of may. That gives me enough time to finish school and be about two weeks into my new job. The motivation is brushing up on my kickboxing skills enough to train others. The other motivation comes in my fitness/diet. I know I wouldn't want to be trained by someone who is out of shape/chubby, especially being trained to be in shape.

So the really good news: I'm going to hit this hard. Training as much as possible with my injured hand (I guess we're focusing on abs/kicks, and running should be ok if I wrap up my wrist as its starting to hurt a bit less) and I'm going to hit that diet so hard its going to go cry to its mommy. :-) My challenge goals may have to change slightly to reflect this, but I am confident that this new reason to be the best is going to really help.

on a completely different note, I'm looking for a name for my class, other than "women's kickboxing". My sensei wants to name it "strike fit" which I find really lame and a turn off so he told me to offer other options and I'm brainstorming, so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear!! I know we have some writers so I'm hoping someone will be creative and help me :-)

Level 0 Human Monk-Apprentice

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

My Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines