Wintry story from a land far far away

Hey, guys! My name's Eugene and I live in cold and harsh land of Moscow, Russia :). 4.5 years ago, when we moved to Moscow, I was your typical, extremely obese basement dweller with no interests, virtually no friends and a strange new world to explore. Back then I was around 190 kg (is it ok if I use metrics?); I can't tell exact number, because at that time I was desperate to do anything about it and didn't even try to change something, so I didn't pay attention to numbers (silly me!). After first 6-7 month of being college student, I've started to notice small, but already significant changes in my appearence. I guess, that was a result of moving to a big city, where the pace of life is extremely past, and of starting my college education, which also required much more energy, than I used to spend.

First figure, that I'm sure of, was 176 kg, something like 2.5 years ago. At that time I've already some weight, changed a few cloth sizes, and, at last, I was ready to start doing something on purpose, because I already knew that it was possible for me to lose weight, even if it's that big. So I've started diets and excercises, as everyone else does. And, just like everyone else at that point, I didn't stick to a particular excercise or nutrition plan, and didn't even seek any information about the topic. Luckily, with so much weight to lose and so radical change in lifestyle, I was able to slowly and steadily loose more and more, until may or 2012.

At that point my weight was about 150 kg and it remained there for past 8 month or so. At that point my music academy exams were near and I needed urgently to loose as much more as I could, so I've started new diet (low fat, of course :)), lots of cardio and so one. It worked, I must admit. Because of high pressure during finals and because of stress of coming exams, I was able to mobilize myself and set my personal record, loosing 24kg during 3 month or so, and the process continued for some time after that. At 1st of september 2012 (I've passed entry exams, yeeey!) my weight was 126 and i've managed to lower it even more, hitting 117 kg at x-mas. And, once again, it remained there till this day.

So, I decided it's time to do a one final step to finish this long and tough journey. From now on I'm starting strength training (now following basic NF workout) and a paleo (not strict, I can't drop dairy no matter what), and I'm goind to log every single step of this. Wish me a good luck, guys :)

Good luck Eugene, and Welcome to Nerd Fitness. Metric is entirely acceptable, most of the world uses it already and we're nerds we should be versed in it anyway. Great job so far on achieving your goals, I'm sure you'll manage the rest of them as time goes on.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion