The Wanderer's fight to get back on track

RandomWanderer

So the last two challenge periods I fought the funk... I think i'm getting back to my old self these days and I want to come back strong with this challenge. I'm keeping most of the same goals because I like them and I haven't aced em yet!

Goals -

1 - Climbing Trees(2 St 3 Dex):

Keeping it simple this challenge. Climb trees at least twice a week.

2 -  Parkour (2 St, 2 Dex 1 Con) -

continuing the same goal for making it to parkour
practice 4 out of the next 6 weeks on Saturdays and also personal
practice at least one morning a week.

3 - 20 Burpees( 1 st, 1 dex, 1 con) -

Max I've ever done is 15 burpees and that was back when I was feeling in better shape 3-4 months ago. I do 10ish now so I think I can make it to 20 by the end of the 6 weeks.

4 - Weekly Work Plan (2 Wis) I'm
going to continue the life goal from last time with the weekly work
plan for my personal time. This is something I do at work to good effect
and I'd like to do for my personal time as well, what little isn't
already scheduled. I'd like to be able to take more control of my free
time to see that my goals are met and I spent less time wasting time
away.

I work from 9-5pm as a given, many nights a month I do work late, sometimes until 8 or 9pm, so that often throws off any home schedule I'd make. The morning schedule I've basically followed for months now. I wake up at 6am usually, that first hour is some form of exercise then it's shower time and yoga/stretch time(that was a successful goal challenge I still continue!) at 7:20 and I'm usually off to work by 7:50/8am where I do about 30-40 min of meditation before work at 9.

the afternoon has always been harder to keep a schedule due to the working late bit, but I pretty much have something scheduled every night of the week. Monday is Yoga at 8, Tuesday and Thursday is a Buddhist talk and a meditation I give at 9pm, and Wednesday is Kung Fu night. I need to plan some free time but also some "work" time (to do stuff like photo editing and house chores etc) as well as I'd like to give myself two hours a night of "veg" time, where I play games, watch movies, watch talks by Buddhist monks,  surf the net, etc.. just rest time.

so far for night I have 10:20 brush teeth, 10:30 Meditation, 11pm bed. I have to fill in from 5pm-10. I've never been a big "scheduler" because I know it all always go to chaos, but the older I get and the more goals I have the more I feel I need to bring more structure to my day to achieve those goals.  My Photography Business and my Buddhist practice take precedence, but of course I now have the whole being a co-guild leader in the NF community too, will have to raise NF on my priority list.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Part of the reason my tree climbing goal was hard last time was because of the snow and rain, I know what you mean Nyxy

Btw as a hold over from the last challenge when a few of us were talking about my upcoming Goruck Challenge -

grt.jpg

It was the most physically demanding thing I've ever done In my life.. And both cadre and alumni said it was
extremely tough compared to most goruck challenges... Class 423..holy shit i got it...

When I shook stokes hand and got the patch.. It was easily one of the most proud moments of my life.
I fell to my knees in the surf, put that patch on, and nearly cried like a frickin girlie man lol..

Over Night it was rain, wind, and 35-40 degree weather. Between 1am and 12pm we went in the water 5 times.

i'm talking on back scissor kicks, rolling, face in water and also up to your waist. Take your polar bear club and

shove it!! We also carried that Pylon for about 8 hours Stokes said.

My
pack weight was 56 pounds with the full water bladder, I went through
that whole 100oz before the half way point but then everything was wet
and sand built up... I'm frickin crazy for having so much weight.

Easy day... All Day!

This is what one Alumni posted - "Class 423 index... fuck telephone poles, we get a pylon. Out of five GRCs so far, gotta give it to Chris Goruck Stokes for giving us the roughest one."

and this is what Stokes said at the beginning -

"This is gonna be unlike any challenge you've ever done" - Chris Goruck Stokes

Stokes
also said that because there were so many alumni in the class( some of
which had tried selection and many who had 5-10+ challenges complete)
Stokes said he wanted to make it rough to train them for what they would
see in Selection... I was the lucky newbie to be a part of that.. LOL.

a few pictures are out already, waiting on the main shadow who is a photographer to get his out -

it
should be easy to spot me as I'm the guy who lost his beanie half way
through.. in addition to my bladder nipple cap and other stuff LOL.. you
don't have time to shift through the sand trying to find stuff in this
challenge. Bald dude is me.

buddy carry! got to carry about 4-5 times as we moved down the beach.
buddy%20carry.jpg

scissor
kicks... at one point in the night I had to lift my legs up with my
hands , even though Stokes told us to keep hands up.. I just literally
had muscle failure in arms and legs

scissor%20kicks.jpg

and this was the Pylon....what a beast

under%20the%20pylon.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

Holy crap, man, congrats! That is beyond badass. You rock, end of story.

I'm right there with you on this challenge, I didn't complete my last 2 challenges (or was it 3? Eeeshh...) and have been feeling crummy about my fitness overall, so it's nice to know I'm alone in my fight to get back to a productive groove. I look forward to reading about your triumphs! Go get 'em.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Holy crap, man, congrats! That is beyond badass. You rock, end of story.

I'm right there with you on this challenge, I didn't complete my last 2 challenges (or was it 3? Eeeshh...) and have been feeling crummy about my fitness overall, so it's nice to know I'm alone in my fight to get back to a productive groove. I look forward to reading about your triumphs! Go get 'em.

It's nice to know I'm not alone either LOL.. I would of known but I got out of the habit of reading other peoples challenges because I rarely came on to update my own. I'm sure most of us go through this kind of stuff! It's ok to admit it and It's perfectly normal.

I had Hirrad coming on my challenge post pushing me and asking what I've been up to, which is awesome to have. That just goes to show how we are a family and need to look out for and support each other here at NF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's nice to know I'm not alone either LOL.. I would of known but I got out of the habit of reading other peoples challenges because I rarely came on to update my own. I'm sure most of us go through this kind of stuff! It's ok to admit it and It's perfectly normal

I had Hirrad coming on my challenge post pushing me and asking what I've been up to, which is awesome to have. That just goes to show how we are a family and need to look out for and support each other here at NF.

Amen to all of the above! I realized that I'm an all or nothing when it comes to this stuff; so I'm aiming to update daily this go-round.  Go team! So say we all.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Amen to all of the above! I realized that I'm an all or nothing when it comes to this stuff; so I'm aiming to update daily this go-round. Go team! So say we all.

Yeah all or nothing sucks... Better to try to get a little in at least. That has been my struggle as well.

Btw my challenge is starting out well...working way late bc of emergency and still sore from the challenge and walking like the penguin from batman.. I'm going to attempt me some burpees tomorrow.

Also im going to the monastery this weekend so no parkour practice.. Might be best that way anyways so my body can rest

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't really know what you did there on those pictures, but it looks really serious.

So congratulations for doing serious stuff.

It's called the Goruck Challenge and in short it's a 8-10 hour 15-20 mile team building event based off of special forces training. It's not a race, it's not about who is strongest, it's about can a bunch of strangers push past their own bullshit and come together as a team to accomplish something they could never do alone .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So this week has started lovely so far with me working late nights. Monday till 8 and tonight till 9 haha. Weekly planner out the window, also missed yoga but I'm still doing stretching in the morning for the most part.  I need to work on not allowing working late to throw me off like it always has. 

no walking breaks at work the last two days and still a bit sore so no no burpee practice yet, no parkour this weekend because I'm going to the monastery and no tree climbing! a beautiful start LOL. It's ok I'll get there.

also , I just signed up for my next Goruck Challenge, exactly a month from my last one haha, doing my 2nd one March 23rd.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's called the Goruck Challenge and in short it's a 8-10 hour 15-20 mile team building event based off of special forces training. It's not a race, it's not about who is strongest, it's about can a bunch of strangers push past their own bullshit and come together as a team to accomplish something they could never do alone .

I like this idea, it sounds really nice :) Cool you are doing it again!

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Found you!!  :D  Ready to rock this challenge out??  Here's to taking another swing at those goals and this time hitting them out of the park!!

oh no! not Hiraedd.. now I'll have to actually work on my goals LOL.

short answer - haven't worked on any of my goals except slightly on the weekly work plan. My body has been still recovering from my Goruck two weeks ago(to this day my right arm is fatigued picking up my light backpack), then last weekend I went to the monastery for a 4 day weekend and cut/moved heavy logs.. not exactly best for recovery hahaha.

so.. I need to get my ass moving on climbing trees, doing Burpees, parkour practice, and refining my weekly work plan. 

also Btw.. I got that position I applied and interviewed for, I'm coming out of the field now and becoming the foster home recruiter for my county. Still stressful because I'll have to produce homes or else I go back to my old position, but I'm looking forward to doing lots of public speaking and event creating and networking with community partners.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:P  Like you weren't going to work on them before....

CONGRATS on the new job!!!  That is so awesome, and so necessary -- the world needs more quality people to look after foster kids, and you get to be a part of making that happen!

Lifting trees is definately not good for recovery...:)  Maybe next time try some rest!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

wow am I really slacking.. 

I will say one thing, I got myself into a burpee challenge starting the 20th with my goruck tough peeps, if anything I want to hit that 20 burpee goal!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome stuff! This gives me some ideas of what to try for next challenge! And kind of makes going with the Assassins next challenge more exciting :P Parkour is something I have always wanted to do, and as such may be one of my goals to get myself into. Awesome awesome!

....and climb trees, right?  You're gonna do the burpees and climb some trees....Please?

What about burpees IN trees?  That could work...

*imagines a bunch of Assassins attempting burpees in trees*

What about burpees NEXT TO trees?  That could work...

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Im not doing crap right now, I did my 2nd grc in Philly.. in shorts, it was awesome, but I've developed an infection in many of the cuts and abrasions on my knees and this has kept me limping and having to bandage myself and change it twice daily LOL.. 

Goruck takes over my life even AFTER the damn things are done..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Goals -

1 - Climbing Trees(2 St 3 Dex):

2 -  Parkour (2 St, 2 Dex 1 Con) -

3 - 20 Burpees( 1 st, 1 dex, 1 con) -

4 - Weekly Work Plan (2 Wis) I'm

F for all! I basically stopped doing this challenge, partly because of physical issues, partly because of mental and mostly because of priority.. yay! lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines