• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I am Eve

Evenewbie 2.0. My road from crazy to calm.

Having transformed myself into a person who works out four times a week and managed a thirty kilometer cross country skiing race, one part of this challenge will be about keeping the good shape I am in.

The other part will be about creating a way of incorporating yoga in my everyday life.

I discovered yoga in the spring of 2012 and I just want more. Several times I have tried to

to do it at home but somehow I have failed every time. What I want to do is to create a routine to

last me a long time no matter where I am or what the circumstances are.

My four goals for this challenge:

YOGA

Creating a routine to do yoga at least three times a week at home.

I have failed so many times so this time I'll start very slow.

Week one I will buy a decent mat and create the space where I can keep it. Start to

create a simple routine with breathing exercises, sun salutations and relaxation. Then

every week I will try a new exercise.

Time will be at least 30 minutes. I will do this in addition to the weekly yoga class I attend.

An extra difficulty will be that I will be travelling week two. That will make it more

challenging!

KEEPING MY CURRENT LEVEL OF FITNESS.

Go to bed at 10 pm all weekdays/days before workdays. Lights out at 11 or earlier.

Sleep is essential for my mental and physical health. This is a continuation from my first

challenge and like last time my partner is sharing this goal which makes it a lot easier.

Count calories to balance what I consume and spend.

This is a good way for me to keep on track and be aware. I very easily get addicted to

weighing myself and it just makes life more difficult. Using an app for calories and

workouts works splendidly for me and that's what I'll be doing for this challenge too.

I will continue taking photos, which I started doing last challenge. It's a good way to

increase awareness once you get over the initial resistance.

5 days a week will include outdoors activities.

I am not going into more detail, it will depend upon mood and weather. I want to

continue skiing as long as the snow is good but I will also allow biking to and from work to

count. The aim is to keep working out and be outside, preferably during the light hours.

Minimum time spent will be 30 minutes.

These goals are in a way tougher than before, intentionally. I want to push further ahead.

It will be interesting to see where I end up.

I will do the grading as soon as I can, either later tonight or tomorrow.