Evenewbie 2.0. The road from crazy to calm

I am Eve

Having transformed myself into a person who works out four times a week and managed a thirty kilometer cross country skiing race, one part of this challenge will be about keeping the good shape I am in.

The other part will be about creating a way of incorporating yoga in my everyday life.
I discovered yoga in the spring of 2012 and I just want more. Several times I have tried to
to do it at home but somehow I have failed every time. What I want to do is to create a routine
to last me a long time no matter where I am or what the circumstances are.

My four goals for this challenge:

YOGA

Creating a routine to do yoga at least three times a week at home.
I have failed so many times so this time I'll start very slow.
Week one I will buy a decent mat and create the space where I can keep it. Start to
create a simple routine with breathing exercises, sun salutations and relaxation. Then
every week I will try a new exercise.
Time will be at least 30 minutes. I will do this in addition to the weekly yoga class I attend.
An extra difficulty will be that I will be travelling week two. That will make it more
challenging!

A: 18 times, B: 16, C: 14, D: 12, E: 10, F: less than 10

KEEPING MY CURRENT LEVEL OF FITNESS.

Go to bed at 10 pm all weekdays/days before workdays. Lights out at 11 or earlier.
Sleep is essential for my mental and physical health. This is a continuation from my first
challenge and like last time my partner is sharing this goal which makes it a lot easier.

A: all days, B: missing 2, C: missing 4, D: missing 6, E: missing 7, F: missing more than 7

Count calories to balance what I consume and spend.
This is a good way for me to keep on track and be aware. I very easily get addicted to
weighing myself and it just makes life more difficult. Using an app for calories and
workouts works splendidly for me and that's what I'll be doing for this challenge too.
I will continue taking photos, which I started doing last challenge. It's a good way to
increase awareness once you get over the initial resistance.

A: six consecutive weeks in range, B: five, C: four, D: three, E: two, F: one

5 days a week will include outdoors activities
I am not going into more detail, it will depend upon mood and weather. I want to
continue skiing as long as the snow is good but I will also allow biking to and from work to
count. The aim is to keep working out and be outside, preferably during the light hours.
Minimum time spent will be 30 minutes.

Grading per week

A: 5, B:4, C:3, D:2, E:1, F:0

These goals are in a way tougher than before, intentionally. I want to push further ahead.
It will be interesting to see where I end up.

I will do the grading as soon as I can, either later tonight or tomorrow.

Edited to add grading.

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Ok.

Day two

Yesterday was a major bad day - had a bad run in with my boss and was quite distraught afterwards. 

Nothing much I can do about the current situation until I am able to relocate and that is not now.

Soooo, a lot of yoga will be needed to find peace of mind. (Six week- and mini-challenge in one  :nevreness: )

All in all I am quite pleased to report that yesterday and today I have biked to work and back even though the

pretty white snow is turning to mush. I went to bed at ten and did not eat any comfort food. 

Today I have bought a simple yoga mat (planned to find a really good one but will settle for a simpler on to start with)

and will start a simple routine tonight.

Later I'll edit the first post to include the grading but now I've at least started!!!!

ugh - something always happens week 1 of a challenge - seriously.  

way to overcome. hope all works out at work. i know how a stressful job can cast a long shadow over everything.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

ugh - something always happens week 1 of a challenge - seriously.  

way to overcome. hope all works out at work. i know how a stressful job can cast a long shadow over everything.

Really? 

Actually I remember Chanda having something come up week one of last challenge. Strange....

Thank you for the support, it HAS TO work out. I'll just do one day at a time  :neglected:

Day three

Feeling at least a little awesome today!

Biked to and from work, had a very healthy lunch and last but not least

Completed my first ever yoga routine at home!!!

I used a playlist from my teacher as well as the outline of the routine to have something to start with.

At the end I felt really inspired so I went into shoulderstand which I really enjoy.

Difficulties;

Someone else logging into our Spotify account but most of all it was hard to keep focused. It will be interesting to see how that part develops.

Yay me :-)

Sounds like things are picking up for you!

I am sorry to read about the trouble with your boss. It sucks when that work relationship isn't good. Hope it improves or changes soon for the better!

I wonder if we build ourselves up too much for the beginning of each challenge... and then the first day or so just doesn't go as well as we hope it to go. Its much more noticeable when we are trying to get a good start on all the goals and something gets in the way. :playful:  

Anyway, solid goals there.... I am sure you will do great!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Friday and I've done five days of biking to and from work so one goal is secured.

Then for some more yoga tonight and packing up the mat to bring for traveling .

The sun is out and it feels wonderful to have some time off work (and go on a skiing trip :-))

Wishing all a great weekend with lots of challenging asanas.

Lazying in front of the screen before going to bed...

Day 5:

Daylight workouts 5/5-lots of biking and today a whole hour

Going to bed 4/4 possible (although one evening I was a little late)

Calories within range all days so far

And today yoga session number three

-it will definitely take some work to get into the right mindset.

Even though I'm alone in the room it is so much harder to focus since I am at home and have things to do after the routine, etc...

A hard challenge, and that's what I like!!

Now I've packed the mat so I'm sure to bring it.

man i love yoga. i bet you feel so good after a half hour. i've only done it a few times but it was really nice. also living where you can ski sounds so fun. 

{WOODLAND FAERY - level 1}

STR 2 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 3 WIS 4 CHA 2

the secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. really, it's a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. - charles r. swindoll

Short update:

Skiing every day takes care of 30 minutes outside workout every day :-)

I did yoga yesterday and it went remarkably well even though there were two others in the room quite close to me.

Calorie count is fine with the help if skiing as well as going to bed :-))))

Sending snow and sunshine your way!

Short update:

Skiing every day takes care of 30 minutes outside workout every day :-)

I did yoga yesterday and it went remarkably well even though there were two others in the room quite close to me.

Calorie count is fine with the help if skiing as well as going to bed :-))))

Sending snow and sunshine your way!

We got clouds and a "wintery mix" :-p. A week of skiing sounds great! 

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

So: checking in with a Thursday uppdate!

Outdoors activities:

Four days out of four spending the say from 9:30-15:00 outside

>also takes care of sleeping goal even though this is not a work week ;-)

Yoga:

Two days with yoga so far, I do 30 minutes and the focussing is improving.

It is a lot easier when I'm on my own though. Today I tried headstand against the wall and managed to do it twice!!

That is the first time I'm doing it at home....

Calories:

Caloriecount is well within range since I spend the day outdoors.

All in all feeling quite pleased and am conserving this feeling for when I' m back in everyday hustle-bustle.

Sounds very lovely! How long is your holiday? It's been a long time since I played in the snow, your posts make me want to plan a trip.

Congrats on your headstand, that is SO COOL!

Level 2 Half-elf Druid

STR: 3 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 1 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 4.5 | CHA: 3

If you do not change where you are headed, you will end up where you are going.

When my local PBS station stopped broadcasting Wai Lana yoga every afternoon, I really noticed a difference.  I cannot wait for my spring break to start so I can do yoga everyday at my house.  I love the romantic notion of getting up and doing yoga before showering/getting ready for work, but that would be 5am or earlier, and I am not a mornign person.  I am naturally more alert/energetic at night!

I have never tried skiing.  Do you have to fight the feeling of falling?  (That's what kept me from rollerblading-- I do just fine on the old-fashioned style skates.)

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines