Haha! I have a very sturdy clock.

No, they're jumps from center to forward (12), back to center, then to the side (3) and back to center and then all the way around the clock face. They are fun!

I switched to box jumps just for the mini challenge. I jumped onto a big ammo can. That was so nerve racking! I kept expecting it to flip over on me. I practiced my quiet nija landings onto the top, to minimize the force. It was a lot harder than i expected.

Those sound fun. And doing workout at rest stops= win. How many times do we say oh I couldn't work out because I was in the car? No excuses-use the rest stop to your advantage

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Mwahaha, My evil swing dancing schemes are working. Glad to have another in our midst! :)

Yes, Solo Swing Dancing does exist. 

If you want a long list of jazz steps, check this out:

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

What?? How could I not know this shirt exists?

I have that shirt too! My husband got it for my birthday right after my son was born. <3

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

(Cant do italics from the iPhone for some reason- although i noticed that the quote functions is fixed!- so "what follows is RP")

The whirr of the engines through space had become a comfort. The first time, in the ship from earth, it had been an awkward, terrifying noise, a background hum that served as a constant reminder of the death of my old life. Now it was a noise I controlled, a defiance of the cold blackness of space.

Tear me away from everything i know; i'll keep on.

I'll make a new life.

I'll do better than I did before.

I had never actually flow the shuttle before. Hundreds of sims in training, but I'd never actually been in the pilots seat. For some reason, Erik chose this moment to send me out on my own, without a single hands on lesson. Best way to learn, he told me. The fear would keep me sharp.

So i found myself en route to my scouting mission, alone at the controls of 30 tons of spaceship, my eyes glued to the gravity well beacons. Every now and then, I had to tweak a knob here, or there, calibrating the hyperspace trajectory around the danger areas.

For the next 25 hours, i'd have to keep myself awake and alert, and i was already starting to get tired. I ran though my mission objectives in my mind. Scout for an acceptable cover: finding someplace inconspicuous to work, that allowed me sufficient time off to focus on my long term mission. Get the lay of the land: investigate routes, chokepoints, and safe zones in my target area. Scope out the people: meet my target's friends, make my name known. Learn about them. Begin to integrate myself into their circles.

Every once a while i had to get up and do my best to workout in the limited space i had in my little shuttle. It was going to be a long trip.

/end RP

So i left for florida this evening. Listening to the drone of the tires made me think of engines in space.

So far my plans for this trip are : find work (specifically fun, part time work), get a feel for the area (distances to places, can i ride my bike to work? Danger areas, safe areas. Cost of living. Closest libray. Ect), and meet the people.

I'm getting on the drowsy side so i'll stop and nap so i can be fresh and awake for my driving shift.

Alons-y!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Mwahaha, My evil swing dancing schemes are working. Glad to have another in our midst! :) Yes, Solo Swing Dancing does exist.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0NgDjm0-og   If you want a long list of jazz steps, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbteWH-3QlY

Awesome!! Moar moves ftw! I cant wait to get to "solid ground" to work on my swing steps!

Here's a funny Yosaffbridge shirt that I saw at an amusement park a while ago.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009Y401HK/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l

OMG i need this shirt too!!!

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I made a t-shirt that says Allons-y!  It reminds me that I have to keep in shape if I'm ever going to keep up with the Doctor running around everywhere once he decides to take me on as a companion. It's going to happen.

Be very careful driving home and welcome back even though I'm not where you are going back to!

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Omg I am going to have all the shirts.....

Ok I'm sorry I'm being so absent right now, my friends new house / my potential house has no internets, and posting on my phone is a beast. I apologize for not keeping up on everyone's threads temporarily (we will be getting Internet, just not hooked up yet)

I've been kinda sick the last few days so i didn't run (my friend and her WHOLE FAMILY have had the worse deathly stomach virus, and I rode in a car with her for 27 hours, after which she puked again. It will be a miracle if I don't catch this. So far i just feel "off" but not sick yet). I did go for a two mile walk today, scouting out what's in walking distance. I found fun bunch of stumps surrounding an empty lot that I jumped around on for a while. I like that the grocery store is within walking distance.

I did manage to wake up without snoozing and do my gorilla workout. I didn't make time for dancing today. We were moving boxes and cleaning and shopping for household supplies and cleaning some more.

Ok so that's about it for my thumbs i hate typing on this thing.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Thanks chaze! Another short update, having no internets still.

Bad mornig. So bad.

Had to know off TWO points today. I snoozed AND didn't do my workout. Bad end of the first week. But although I'm disappointed, I don't hate myself over it.

My cold hit me full blown this morning and I felt like a million flesh eating robots were scraping the lining of my throat out when I woke up. I went back to sleep becuse I figured my body needed that more than it did a solid morning routine this morning. Then when I got up a few hours later, I did one round of gorilla workout and was toast. Just so depleted. So I didn't do the rest and just chilled.

I did however spend 30 minutes walking later, no music, just me and thinking. That brings my sum total of this week so far to 1hour and 45 minutes. I'm very proud of this.

I also racked up some fun not-alone time when I invited some friends i made this mornig over for a party and we made paella. I ate it without the rice.

Sorry I'm so boring lately guys. I'm so sick my brain is mush.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Your doing great:)  Getting wiped out by a bug, that's just life's way of reminding you that it's bigger than your plans.  You still got through what you could and then managed some quality moments on top of it all.  

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Thanks chaze! Another short update, having no internets still.

Bad mornig. So bad.

Had to know off TWO points today. I snoozed AND didn't do my workout. Bad end of the first week. But although I'm disappointed, I don't hate myself over it.

My cold hit me full blown this morning and I felt like a million flesh eating robots were scraping the lining of my throat out when I woke up. I went back to sleep becuse I figured my body needed that more than it did a solid morning routine this morning. Then when I got up a few hours later, I did one round of gorilla workout and was toast. Just so depleted. So I didn't do the rest and just chilled.

I did however spend 30 minutes walking later, no music, just me and thinking. That brings my sum total of this week so far to 1hour and 45 minutes. I'm very proud of this.

I also racked up some fun not-alone time when I invited some friends i made this mornig over for a party and we made paella. I ate it without the rice.

Sorry I'm so boring lately guys. I'm so sick my brain is mush.

Hey, no beating yourself up for being sick - just rest up and get better!

Also, how impressed am I that you made friends in the morning and then had a party with them that evening?!? Is this a skill that can be taught, or just natural awesomeness? Because yeah, that's amazing.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Being sick is a legitimate reason for getting more sleep. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Now if you did it because you were lazy, that's different. But sickness is a good reason to get back in bed or you will make it worse.

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

OMG guys I'm back. I haven't been so sick in YEARS. I'm still not 100% over it but holy carp, I don't even remember most of last week. It was such a brain sucking disease. I couldn't even think at all. I spent the last three days in Florida basically in bed. 

I deducted 5 points for missing my gorilla workout for 5 days, but only one point for sleeping in. The rest of the days I didn't bother to set an alarm, I just slept in to when my body wanted to. So I'm not going to count those against myself. 

I got back to the routine this morning, and did my Gorilla workout. Other than that, i'm still trying to take it a bit easy. I've had this thing for 9 days and seem to have just been getting sicker every single day. Today at least I can see a light at the end of the flu. Still can't hear out of my left ear and I'm still hacking up a lung, but at least my brain is functioning today. 

So here's kinda a 2 week sum up of my training, such as it was:

Morning routine:

Missing 6 points these past two weeks. That brings me to 78 points for the challenge. I'm not a huge fan of this start to the challenge. I have to be basically perfect for the next 4 weeks to pull this off. 

Running goal:

Epic fail at this point. I've not run even once. I was in a car for three days, and then I was on my death bed. I hope to run tomorrow. 

Swing dance:

Learned the first few steps of the shim sham, but didn't video it or even learn the whole thing. More practice on this tonight, if I feel up to it. I don't want to push myself and relapse. 

Alone time:

I got 1 hour and 45 minutes of alone time in week one. week two....I don't remember much of week 2. I was mostly in bed. 

As far as my scouting goals for Florida  I walked all over and found two grocery stores in walking distance. I got hired at a computer shop starting in May. And I made a handful of friends that are a total blast! 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I made a t-shirt that says Allons-y!  It reminds me that I have to keep in shape if I'm ever going to keep up with the Doctor running around everywhere once he decides to take me on as a companion. It's going to happen.

Be very careful driving home and welcome back even though I'm not where you are going back to!

I love that!! Haha! I have a dog tag around my neck that says, "Basically, Run!" 

Hey, no beating yourself up for being sick - just rest up and get better!

Also, how impressed am I that you made friends in the morning and then had a party with them that evening?!? Is this a skill that can be taught, or just natural awesomeness? Because yeah, that's amazing.

LOL, I don't know. Maybe it's a skill that can be taught. This is how I usually do it, "Hey, I'm having a bunch of friends over tonight, we're making paella, if you want to come, I think everyone would like to meet you!" 

You say the same thing to every person, and they all feel like they are the one who doesn't know anyone. It's a quick way to make a bunch of friends at once. Even better if you say, "Bring a friend!" Then it kind of increases exponentially. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Sorry you've been so sick. Ugh. Good idea to just let your body sleep. Congrats on the FLorida job and friends. DId you like Florida (sunshine and plam trees!)

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Good to hear you're still in the game.  I'm going to start the fast when I crash tonight.  Let me know if you're still up for it, I completely understand if you want to postpone after being so sick for so long.  We can easily reschedule it.  I don't want you prolonging your recovery.  Just let me know.  And positive style points for making the friends and for jumping back into your workouts.  Great job:)

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Sorry you've been so sick. Ugh. Good idea to just let your body sleep. Congrats on the FLorida job and friends. DId you like Florida (sunshine and plam trees!)

I loved it! I have a legit palm tree in my front yard! 

I don't have a picture of the actual palm tree, but here is a picture of me wearing one of the palm leaves on my head like a loon: 

EGxQ9ei.jpg

And also climbing the tree in the back yard, my new favorite, um, roost. 

Good to hear you're still in the game.  I'm going to start the fast when I crash tonight.  Let me know if you're still up for it, I completely understand if you want to postpone after being so sick for so long.  We can easily reschedule it.  I don't want you prolonging your recovery.  Just let me know.  And positive style points for making the friends and for jumping back into your workouts.  Great job:)

Yeah we're still on! I actually think that it'd be good to do. Lots of water to flush out my system haha. Plus it's probably an excellent week because I'm not really hungry anyway. I'm starting tonight! 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines