W00T for the getting a job, and an awesome palm tree, plus another tree to climb, and new friends! And oh no for the being sick, that sounds miserable. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, though! Maybe modify your goals so you don't have to be perfect to succeed in your challenge? Because it's not like you can help being sick, really. Good to have you back!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Love the pic's! I give you bonus assassin skill points for practicing blending into your environment-great job on being a palm tree!

SO  very cool that you a palm tree in your backyard.

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Love the pic's! I give you bonus assassin skill points for practicing blending into your environment-great job on being a palm tree!

SO  very cool that you a palm tree in your backyard.

HAHA yes, i'm a sneaky palm tree, eh? 

Woke up on time and did my gorilla workout this morning. No running, but am about to get up and do my swing dancing. 

@ CR: I'M STARVING!!!! OMG

Exclamation over. 

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Good idea to disguise yourself in a palm tree, I heard there are some weird animals in Florida the kind with teeth, so better safe than sorry! Glad that you are feeling better :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I've heard about those kind with teeth....there are some around that are 11 feet long.....

So I went and videoed my first attempt at the shim sham. I will hopefully improve on this when I don't have a fever and fever induced confusion haha. I think I missed an entire sequence somewhere in the middle. 

http://youtu.be/YOpciXCIXFI

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Absence of noise. 

My grandfather, a pilot, had ingrained in me that absence of noise meant trouble. 

I couldn't believe that it would be any different in a spacecraft. 

I forced down the panic that had been rising since my shuttlecraft had suddenly dropped out of hyperspace- far too soon. 

My eyes darted over the instruments and my mouth went dry. No engines. No controls. No power. 

And a big looming ice planet rushing up to meet me. 

So after my scouting mission to Florida, I kind of crashed and burned. This derailed me quite a bit but I'll fight my way out! I will not give up!

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Ship log, crash day one.

"Hey. I guess, I guess I should start a log." I mumbled into the recorder, "I mean I guess, in case, I don't know. It doesn't look good. I'm not giving up but there's still a strong possibility that I won't...Stuff it, let's not even go there yet. So, on my way back from Delphi my ship lost power and crashed into an unknown planet. Backup systems kicked in to arrest the impact, but that's depleted now too. I spent the majority of the day digging out the nose of the ship to access the exterior power panel, with the hopes that I can reroute around the damage. I'm surprised by how hungry one gets over the course of just one day. I have no rations in my small shuttle, and I haven't seen any wildlife to speak of. Number one priority tomorrow is to finish digging out the panel, followed by a search for food.

Started my 7 day water fast today. AAAANNNDD I'm starving. Really starving. Like I'm going to eat this chair. I also did spend the better part of the afternoon digging out a friend's car that went into a snow ditch haha. 

Hoping that I am less hungry tomorrow. At least by day three, I've heard it gets better. Although this is a good half of the reason I wanted to do this: Improving my Willpower. I'm toughing it through. GRRRR.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I've heard about those kind with teeth....there are some around that are 11 feet long.....

So I went and videoed my first attempt at the shim sham. I will hopefully improve on this when I don't have a fever and fever induced confusion haha. I think I missed an entire sequence somewhere in the middle. 

http://youtu.be/YOpciXCIXFI

I thought you did great:)  How's the first day of the hunger strike going?

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Happie,

Just wanted to pop in and say I just got done with a 4 day water fast.  (Wanted to do 7 but didn't have the ability due to work/family obligations with time/planned meals, etc...)

It helped me start the epic purge of all of the toxins and crap that I've gained since the loss of my friends and the subsequent massive stress eating that accompanied it...

I'm 11 lbs lighter and feeling MUCH MUCH better. After about 2.5 days in, I literally stopped craving food completely.  I will tell you that you'll feel REALLY weird though.  Parts of my body ache that haven't hurt in years, which I could only credit to the body finally taking time to heal itself since it didn't have to focus on digestion. Just trying to get my mind right and get refocused...

How are you planning on breaking your fast though?  From everything I've read, that is arguably the most important part. 

I'm excited for you!

- Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Fear! I'm so glad to hear from you! 

I'm about halfway through my second day, and I'm LESS hungry. It comes in waves. Yesterday I wanted to eat the house. Today, I'm hungry but not I-Will-Die-Now-If-I-Don't-Eat hungry. I must say I have a screamer of a headache and my trouble knee is reminding me of all the things I've done to it. I'm hoping that means healing haha. 

I have no clue how I'm planning on breaking the fast. Probably juices, and then smoothies, and then veggies, and then meats and veggies. Any other suggestions? 

@ CR: it's going...like I mentioned, my head is killing me. But otherwise I'm actually feeling better from my flu. My congestion seems to be lessening. 

@Zebarah: I love cold showers! I take one every morning. It helps me wake up.

@. KW: Thanks! I can't wait. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Ok, i'm hungry again. Like my stomach is eating itself hungry. I'm trying not to focus on it. 

Training report:

Running:

None. So far this is BOMBING. I had to walk 8 miles today at work [in the freezing downpour...very conducive to recovering from a flu...] and by the end of the day I was tanked. I can hardly sit upright, let alone run anywhere. 

Morning routine:

OK, so I didn't press the snooze button........but I also didn't sleep. I don't know if this is side-effects from the fast, or my body just totally rebelling to the time change, but I literally never fell asleep last night. I've officially been awake for 37 hours. I certainly tried, but I couldn't get sleepy last night. 

At the moment, i'm about to drop dead asleep. I'm going to bed here in a minute. At 7pm. Like an invalid. 

I did my gorilla workout, and some extra hollow holds and supermans for the mini-challenge.

Dance:

Nothing new today

Alone time:

45 minutes of math work. Yay! 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Your love of math confuses me.

Wait, so second-order homogeneous partial differential equations don't make you warm and fuzzy on the inside?  :playful:

What kind of math are you rocking?

I'm working on the integration of happy numbers [not coincidentally] into a special kind of fractal geometry. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Ok, i'm hungry again. Like my stomach is eating itself hungry. I'm trying not to focus on it. 

Training report:

Running:

None. So far this is BOMBING. I had to walk 8 miles today at work [in the freezing downpour...very conducive to recovering from a flu...] and by the end of the day I was tanked. I can hardly sit upright, let alone run anywhere. 

Morning routine:

OK, so I didn't press the snooze button........but I also didn't sleep. I don't know if this is side-effects from the fast, or my body just totally rebelling to the time change, but I literally never fell asleep last night. I've officially been awake for 37 hours. I certainly tried, but I couldn't get sleepy last night. 

At the moment, i'm about to drop dead asleep. I'm going to bed here in a minute. At 7pm. Like an invalid. 

I did my gorilla workout, and some extra hollow holds and supermans for the mini-challenge.

Dance:

Nothing new today

Alone time:

45 minutes of math work. Yay! 

I'm in awe of the fasting skills, here - I would've caved after the first day, if I even made it that long! I hope you've made up for your lack of sleep by now - 37 hours is a long time to be awake at once. And I'm going to smile and nod at the math talk, and try not to regret quitting math after calculus. At least I've heard of happy numbers and fractals, though I have no idea how they go together. I'm glad it's working for you as alone time, though!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Fear! I'm so glad to hear from you! 

I'm about halfway through my second day, and I'm LESS hungry. It comes in waves. Yesterday I wanted to eat the house. Today, I'm hungry but not I-Will-Die-Now-If-I-Don't-Eat hungry. I must say I have a screamer of a headache and my trouble knee is reminding me of all the things I've done to it. I'm hoping that means healing haha. 

I have no clue how I'm planning on breaking the fast. Probably juices, and then smoothies, and then veggies, and then meats and veggies. Any other suggestions? 

@ CR: it's going...like I mentioned, my head is killing me. But otherwise I'm actually feeling better from my flu. My congestion seems to be lessening. 

@Zebarah: I love cold showers! I take one every morning. It helps me wake up.

@. KW: Thanks! I can't wait. 

I'm glad you're not eating the house hungry anymore:)  I think you're doing great!  It's not easy, not because it's really hard (doing nothing is about as easy as it gets.), but because every moment you have to remind yourself to not eat.  I had an interesting time of it today.  Because of scheduling I had to buy a number of groceries for next week today.  Gotta say, there's a lot of tasty looking food in the grocery story...   

About breaking the fast.  A lot of people advocate broths, soups, light fruits and fruit juices.  I'm a big fan of a really rare chunk of beef seared quickly with salt and cayenne pepper (drool) and a good whiskey:D  It's similar to when the ancestors broke their (involuntary) fasts by finally bagging that deer.  They didn't knock back a smoothie.  But for people with a more evolved metabolism?  What your'e thinking of is on track, also baby food would probably be good...very easy to digest.

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

I only know 10 numbers: 0 and 1 :tongue:

HAHA! Love it!

I'm in awe of the fasting skills, here - I would've caved after the first day, if I even made it that long! I hope you've made up for your lack of sleep by now - 37 hours is a long time to be awake at once. And I'm going to smile and nod at the math talk, and try not to regret quitting math after calculus. At least I've heard of happy numbers and fractals, though I have no idea how they go together. I'm glad it's working for you as alone time, though!

Meh...i didn't really make up for it yet. I wasn't tired yesterday, but I got 9 hours of sleep last night [sounds good right?] and was exhausted all day. Falling asleep at my desk. Also planning an early bedtime tonight. 

And awww....calculus is where it starts getting GOOD! There's a special something to numbers. They're everywhere. They add a hidden dimension of beauty to everything. Like those trick pictures where it looks like a scribbled mess until you cross your eyes and then you see a gorgeous landscape or something. 

I'm glad you're not eating the house hungry anymore:)  I think you're doing great!  It's not easy, not because it's really hard (doing nothing is about as easy as it gets.), but because every moment you have to remind yourself to not eat.  I had an interesting time of it today.  Because of scheduling I had to buy a number of groceries for next week today.  Gotta say, there's a lot of tasty looking food in the grocery story...   

About breaking the fast.  A lot of people advocate broths, soups, light fruits and fruit juices.  I'm a big fan of a really rare chunk of beef seared quickly with salt and cayenne pepper (drool) and a good whiskey:D  It's similar to when the ancestors broke their (involuntary) fasts by finally bagging that deer.  They didn't knock back a smoothie.  But for people with a more evolved metabolism?  What your'e thinking of is on track, also baby food would probably be good...very easy to digest.

Well.. I caved....not so much caved I guess as "consciously decided to change directions." I was feeling really weak and faint this evening, and I had to drive and didn't feel safe the way I was. So I had a glass of v8, and felt immensely better. So I guess for the remaining days i'm switching to a juice fast. I don't think my body was quite ready for water only for 7 days. If I was home and could just go to bed, I'd have stuck it out. But I didn't want to risk crashing my car or anything. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines