Mastering Habits, Learning From Cats and General Awesomeness

This will be a place holder as I need to define my long term goals sometime the next challenge but the following post will contain my 2013 goals.

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Here are my goals for this year:

Master 12 Habits 2013

- Do it now.

Stop leaving things for later. Free up mental space.

- Use lotions twice daily.

My skin gets pretty dry in serveral places and I want to finally fight that properly.

- Drink 2 liters of water each day.

Hydration is a must for productivity and I've failed on this multiple times.

- Get up without snoozing.

Also a no-brainer. Hitting snooze amounts to lots of time wasted.

- Running 5k each morning.

Nothing clears the mind and refreshes like a morning run.

- Listen to my manifesto / creed every morning.

Need to incorporate my values deep into my subconscious to have something to default to when willpower runs out.

- Cold shower each morning.

More mental conditioning to start the day.

- Strength train 3x / week.

If you're not improving, you're decaying.

- Consciously choosing when to have carbs.

Carbs mess up my energy and concentration. Need to stop having me just for convenience.

- Journaling each day.

Will lead to insights and improve memory.

- Practice guitar or bass 3x / week.

Who doesn't want to feel like a rock star? Just bought a cheap starter guitar and Rocksmith for X-Box 360. What lacks is making it enough of a priority.

- Using todo lists / some sort of productivity system.

Because I know these things skyrocket the amount of stuff I can achieve.

I'll post battle plans / sub-goals later and will tackle these sub-goals during the 6 week challenges.

Try 12 new sports / physical activities with my girlfriend.

- Ice-Skating

- Climbing

- Snowboarding

- Tennis

- Kart racing

- Powerlifting

- Rafting

... anyone got a few more ideas?

Complete a Tough Mudder.

I need some overarching bigger goal that is intimidating to keep me push forward and become complacent once I feel good enough for something. So this is it. Will do it either in Berlin with some fellow rebels or in Hamburg if the date fits and some friends of my Jugger team join in.

Dig into parkour.

This is where the cats come in, mostly. I've had this thought for two years and never got started, never felt fit enough or too shy to meet up with a local group. The shyness has vanished a bit in the last year, and fitness never really was a problem to get started. and since we had a small kitten, seeing her grow into a stealthy parkour beast around the house inspires me a lot. There's much more to be learned from her, and I'll post more on that later.

Camp Nerd Fitness

If there will really be such a thing, I'll do my best to make it work both schedule wise and financially. The trip from Germany will be further than the average, but a lot will have further journeys I guess. And the expected awesomeness would be a shame to miss.

I think the 2013 schedule is packed, with a full time job I really like and a Jugger team with multiple tournaments throughout the year also competing for time with these goals.

PS: Anyone know why I have to edit my Tapatalk posts in Safari to have the formatting show correctly?

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Hmm, I like the sound of learning from cats! I'd love to hear more too! 

One of 'em just lured me into a pretty wicked late afternoon nap, but I'm sure there is quite a bit more I could pick up from them about the art of fitness, balance, and the hunt! I've learned a lot about enjoying my hikes - stopping to check out any interesting thing, jumping around some areas and trotting others, just being carefree while hiking and not thinking about fitness or weight or things like that - from my dog and reading Dogs Teach Tricks, Too over at MDA. I get the feeling there are a lot of life-lessons that could be happily learned with the right perspective from other animals too... 

Level 0 Healer-in-Training Druid-to-be Half-Elf

Too N000bly For Stats

One Mountain at a Time || Challenge #1

"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." - Pablo Picasso