Gem - In like a lamb, out like a lion... March Challenge

Malva

Wednesday 3-23-11

FINISHED WEEK 8!!!! Yes I did, I finished it! Week nine, then I will have completed the c25k program.

I was feeling bad today about not getting into a good routine with upper body exercising, so I did 30 incline pushups. Better to do it every once in a while than to do it NEVER, I guess.

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

Saturday 3-26-11

Started week 9 c25k - run one accomplished. 30 minutes of running.

This week the audio weans you to 10 full minutes of running between progress updates - up till now she was telling you when you had run for 5 minutes, so that is different. I kind of enjoyed the more frequent updates just to break the monotony.

hmm good idea - I like to listen to an audiobook or podcasts while running, sometimes I choose short ones and when they end I know how long it has been - will have to think about developing this strategy.

Tuesday 3-29-11

week 9 run 2 of the c25k - only one scheduled run left and I graduate!

Actually, this second 30 min run was better than the first. I felt like I increased my pace a bit.

Final word on this challenge - didn't meet a lot of secondary goals - but I am so happy about finishing the C25k that I don't care!

Gem - In like a lamb, out like a lion... March Challenge

Name: Gem - I may be running but I am still a druid!

Goals:

Fitness: The primary goal is to continue c25k training program, running according to the schedule as weather permits.

A++ Not only did I continue, but I finished!

Secondary is to integrate some kind of non-running day exercise that includes upper body strength training(?) - I will use this month to try out different fun methods for upper body workouts, like boxing or fitness bar, I am interested in range of motion + strength exercises too like kettlebell and the clubbing (someone posted an awesome video of this a while back), maybe some martial arts movements? I don't know, I just want to try some things. In the meantime, keep up my pushups (modified! - not on the ground yet, even LOL)

D Blew this off almost entirely

Eating: I am actively trying to lose weight. Counting calories, eating less carbs in general but when I do have them, they are slow carb - trying to just BE AWARE. Trying to make my calorie needs be in sync with my intake. Trying to make it work to eat the food I grow on my farm but still be fit - i.e. not too much pork I have lost 14 pound during this calendar year

Primary goal is to continue to track foods/exercise, and continue to lose weight. I am not setting a weight loss goal, just want to keep moving steadily in the right direction. Today: 220 pounds.

A I continued to track food/calories and did lose pounds during this challenge period - also dropped at least one pant size Today's weight: 216

Secondary goal is to improve meal planning for me and the kids at lunch. Dinner is virtually impossible to plan except in the vaguest way, as my husband wants food totally on a whim. However me and the kids can have smoother days by planning lunches (we homeschool). I want to plan three lunches a week with their input. We just finished a nutrition study so they should have fun with this.

D did a bit of this but still found myself losing track of time and scrambling for lunch most days. Did not integrate the lunch planning at all, really.

Life:I have a goal that I carried over from the last challenge, as I did not finish it. It is to clean up/prep the outside area where we are planning an addition onto our house. Need to get this done. Badly.

F did not lift a finger :sigh:

Second, I want to do two blog posts for my business www.SunshineForDinner.com. This was a goal last time as well and I did it! Need to do it again...have one post planned and pictures all ready, so I am progressing on this goal already.

D Only did one post, not two - what is my problem? If I do a post today, does it count?

Third, I want all books on the shelves by the end of the challenge. I have a ridiculous amount of both books and shelves, and get more all the time (I did mention homeschooling...got one kid just entering the age where you dive into a pile of books and come up for air when you satisfied your curiosity. I am not going to slow down on the book buying if I can help it.) Some of the old books have just got to go, in order for these piles of books to go on the shelves. Must get books on shelves. No more floor piles or boxes under the table LOL.

B Did a lot of work on my shelves, as well as some other major decluttering and housecleaning efforts, now that I have my vacuum cleaner repaired. There are some hidden book caches that are not shelved, though.

Bonus goal: I realize I am getting to many life goals listed here - but I really want to finish my resume and writing sample to put in a job application with eHow.

No work on this.

THIS CHALLENGE FINISHES ON APRIL 4 - two days before my 40th birthday. I need to finish strong for this milestone. okay, minor nervous breakdown is under control now - although may be first of many over the next month.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines