Chanda: Making it Effortless II

Chanda

Your pace is still faster than my run. :) I used the C25K program to lower my pace by 2mins and I enjoyed the program. 

I love this "Ultimate goal is to remain injury free... I will not jeopardize my health for performance!" There are so many of us who push a little too hard in the beginning and end up hurt. Which then deflates our motivation. I know you can do it and can't wait to see how well you progress. :)

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Way to go, I sooo believe in taking it slow, and having fun. Solid planning there my friend. 

Thanks. Slow and fun... that should be our motto. :)

Good luck on the running training. I'm currently working on distance and am a bit worried when it comes time to focus on increasing speed. Glad to hear your week is going well! :)

We can keep each other motivated then! I am really worried about the speed thing. Extra pressure because I don't want to let down my team mates. The 5.3km race is a team event, 4 people run and the times get added up. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't bother with speed, not for a long time. It will be an interesting challenge to see if I manage to get to 6min per km (what would be needed to run 5km in 30min).

Your pace is still faster than my run. :) I used the C25K program to lower my pace by 2mins and I enjoyed the program. 

I love this "Ultimate goal is to remain injury free... I will not jeopardize my health for performance!" There are so many of us who push a little too hard in the beginning and end up hurt. Which then deflates our motivation. I know you can do it and can't wait to see how well you progress. :)

Are you counting your pace for KMs or Miles??? ... me I am the turtle on the roads. I worry about being overtaken by nordic walkers. 

I really mean that last goal. The whole reason we do this is so we can live a full life (at least thats why I do it), getting injured because we pushed too hard is completely counter productive. The trick is to recognise that fine line between pushing hard and pushing too hard. ;)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Week 1 is over! Time for my check in. 

1. Fuel: food & drink

1. Average calorie intake to be within 1750 to 1880. (+1 CON) actual average is 1792
  2. Drink an additional liter of water per day (average to be 0.9l or higher). (+1 CON) actual average is 1.15l
  3. & 4. NEW: Time to improve the quality of my food and drink. Eat no more than 225 calories per day on average of sweets. Drink no more than 1 coffee per day on average. (+1 CON) actual average is 205 calories and 0.57 coffees.

Current score would be an A. I had a pretty good week with eating and drinking.

2. Mental Strength

1. Get at least 7 hours sleep on average per day. (+1 CHA) average is at 7.21hours
  2. Meditate regularly adding up to an average of 8min per day (+1 WIS). average is at 8.9min
  3. Brain workout on average 3 times per week (+1 WIS) 4 done

Current score would be an A. Doing pretty well with this one too.

3. Strong Body
  1. Exercise on average 20min per day. (+1 STR) average is at 20.9min
  2. Look after my health or appearance on average 2 times per week  (+1 STA)  3 done
  3. Walk/Run on average 4km per day.  (+1 STA) average is 4.4km per day.
  4. Complete at least: 9 yoga workouts & 9 body weight workouts.  (+1 DEX) strength and yoga done 
  5. Complete at least: 9 walk/runs.  (+1 STR) done

Current score would be an A. I rocked this week in terms of my efforts towards a strong body. I am particularly proud that I started getting run workouts in!

4. LIFE: Getting things done

1. Do my routines regularly. Expecting overall average of 85% for success. (+1 CHA) average is 89.3%
  2. Be Punctual on average 85% for success (+1 WIS) average is 85.7%
  3. Home is visitor ready on half the days (+1 CHA) so far 0%
  4. Harvest the Fruits of my Labour, at least 8 items done (+1 WIS) so far 0

Current score would be an C. This is the goal that needs me to step up a bit over the next few weeks. Getting the home to visitor ready stage is taking longer than I expected (more because I have not set it as priority I think). Once the home is at visitor ready stage, I hope that maintaining it that way will be easier. As for the harvesting part, I am not too worried so far, I am working on several of the tasks... it will probably take a few weeks before they are finished. 

SUMMARY: Overall I am giving myself a B+ for this week. For the coming week I need to keep doing what I am doing well... AND step it up by getting the home visitor ready and work on the tasks that will count towards "done items" for the 4th part of the life goal. Plus I need to finish doing the rounds of the Druid challenges and go visit my Head On Accountabillibuddies!

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Are you counting your pace for KMs or Miles??? ... me I am the turtle on the roads. I worry about being overtaken by nordic walkers.

Ok so I looked at my math and I think we are about the same. It takes me on average 15 mins to run/walk 1.61 Km. During my 5k on Sunday, I had walkers passing me. Lol

As for your week. You did great! Keep up the great work and start making time to do some cleaning. :)

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Awesome first week! I'm really digging how a lot of people are doing weekly grade-ins(?). Do you keep track of your performance on a spreadsheet and do the calculations there or just add up post info and average it out on Sundays?

Keep it rolling. B|

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

Chanda!!!

I would give your first week an A-, for sure. Look at all of that green! Especially after feeling like you didn't do great the first day-- you are such a rockstar! Looking forward to seeing how great you do this week. Let me know where you need a boost! I think my next cheerleader check-in post may be in video form... stay tuned...

Seriously though, give yourself some major credit. Considering you actually have approximately 15 goals, and you are in the green for 13 of them, that is AMAZING. So impressed by you.

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

When you slow down the poses, does your body feel them more or does it make you work harder?

Both! At least, in most of my experiences. I think sometimes it can give you more time to open into them, as well as use more strength. Usually slowing down comes more to see what happens in your mind- are you dying to get out of the pose? Do you get mad? Do you start to check out? And see how that informs both your practice and your life. It's a way to practice focusing on the present by tuning in to the body. (That is my current understanding- many teachers will tell you many things, and nothing is right or wrong!)

I am not joking when I say most people can walk faster than I run. The 8:49 /km pace would mean a 44min 5km, or 46.7min 5.3km (the actual distance of the race I plan to sign up for in July). Ultimately I hope to be able to do the 5.3km in under 35min (secretly I would like to come in under 30min... but I have never been that fast). I expect my pace to be much better as I increase the time spend running and reduce the walking... also this first pace was taken with 0 training. So it should be possible to see significant improvement on this pace.

I have 4 months to increase my distance and pace. I plan to keep things fun, so no rigid training plan (this is what I plan to do for my run/walk workouts, which are part of my 6 week challenge and will continue to be in my 6 week challenges at least until July!):

Phase 1: Increase the distance. Go out 1-3 times a week and slowly increase the distance until I can do 6km comfortably. Avoid injury by increasing distance slowly and alternating run/walk intervals. Keeping a strong focus on posture/form during the run parts.

Phase 2: Increase the pace. Go out 2-3 times a week. Alternating intervals/tempo/fartleks/hills/long runs and whatever else hits my fancy... all in various distances. I will continue using run/walk as appropriate to avoid injury. Every 2 to 3 weeks I will run the same circuit I run today to judge my actual pace (eventually I should be able to do 10 full laps running = 6km).

Cross Training: Walking, yoga and the secret weapon: body strength exercises. A stronger core should enable me to increase my pace while maintaining good form. 

Ultimate goal is to remain injury free... I will not jeopardize my health for performance!

Just wanted to let you know...I was also always a slow runner. 3 summers ago I trained for a half marathon- slowly, religiously, consistently. My average time per minute was 11:03. This past September, I ran another half marathon, and did very minimal training (a single 8 mile run was the longest I did, about 2 months before the race, and I stopped running completely about a month before, which I don't advise). I had barely run at all between the two races, 3 years apart, but I did do a lot of yoga, strength training (crossfit, gymnastics, barre, kettlebells), hiking, and cycling, and I finished the race with an average time of 10:15, and I recently did a mile test and came in at 7:43. I was the kid in elementary school who walked the whole race, who 'got sick' when we had to do the mile run in middle school, and successfully ran one 12 minute mile in high school (first one I did without stopping) so I was never fast either. I thought a 10 minute mile was impossible for me for all of time. But it wasn't. You are so on the right track with everything you are doing!!!!!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

I would give your first week an A-, for sure. Look at all of that green! Especially after feeling like you didn't do great the first day-- you are such a rockstar! 

Seriously though, give yourself some major credit. Considering you actually have approximately 15 goals, and you are in the green for 13 of them, that is AMAZING. So impressed by you.

I ditto that! (feeling like such a slacker)

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Ok so I looked at my math and I think we are about the same. It takes me on average 15 mins to run/walk 1.61 Km. During my 5k on Sunday, I had walkers passing me. Lol

As for your week. You did great! Keep up the great work and start making time to do some cleaning. :)

Yes, that makes more sense, we are probably close in pace. My pace is about as slow as you can run and still call it running... :P Try being overtaken by a group of senior citizens while walking uphill. I was completely out of breath and they were chatting without a sign of being out of breath. That was a real eye opener as to my state of fitness! 

Awesome first week! I'm really digging how a lot of people are doing weekly grade-ins(?). Do you keep track of your performance on a spreadsheet and do the calculations there or just add up post info and average it out on Sundays?

Keep it rolling. B|

Thanks! For my first challenge I posted daily updates and calculated the overall status weekly. Now that I have so much to track I have a spreadsheet which I have been adjusting for the past 3 challenges. I track everything there... It would be too hard to do the math otherwise! 

Chanda!!!

I would give your first week an A-, for sure. Look at all of that green! Especially after feeling like you didn't do great the first day-- you are such a rockstar! Looking forward to seeing how great you do this week. Let me know where you need a boost! I think my next cheerleader check-in post may be in video form... stay tuned...

Thanks. I am not really familiar with the A to F grading stuff... but I went with gut feeling based on effort put in. I didn't feel like I deserved and A just yet. About to do the grading for this week, so lets see... 

The thing I am struggling with if getting things done... but I dont need a boost in that area. I know what I need to do, just need to keep at it until my routines become more efficient and then I think things will start getting done!

Both! At least, in most of my experiences. I think sometimes it can give you more time to open into them, as well as use more strength. Usually slowing down comes more to see what happens in your mind- are you dying to get out of the pose? Do you get mad? Do you start to check out? And see how that informs both your practice and your life. It's a way to practice focusing on the present by tuning in to the body. (That is my current understanding- many teachers will tell you many things, and nothing is right or wrong!)

Just wanted to let you know...I was also always a slow runner. 3 summers ago I trained for a half marathon- slowly, religiously, consistently. My average time per minute was 11:03. This past September, I ran another half marathon, and did very minimal training (a single 8 mile run was the longest I did, about 2 months before the race, and I stopped running completely about a month before, which I don't advise). I had barely run at all between the two races, 3 years apart, but I did do a lot of yoga, strength training (crossfit, gymnastics, barre, kettlebells), hiking, and cycling, and I finished the race with an average time of 10:15, and I recently did a mile test and came in at 7:43. I was the kid in elementary school who walked the whole race, who 'got sick' when we had to do the mile run in middle school, and successfully ran one 12 minute mile in high school (first one I did without stopping) so I was never fast either. I thought a 10 minute mile was impossible for me for all of time. But it wasn't. You are so on the right track with everything you are doing!!!!!

I agree slowing down can be focused on increasing strength  and/or the mind. The class I am taking is focused on what happens in the mind, the body part is not a challenge at all. Practicing with eyes closed and taking so long between and during poses is the real challenge. I grit my teeth for half the class thinking I could be doing something better with my time. Before the last class I actually jogged to get there so I would be at least half physically tired at the beginning... a huge improvement! And an awesome Shavasana at the end! :D

Thank you so much for sharing your running story. Your numbers pretty much match what I want to get done (except yours are slightly faster... but close enough to see that what I am trying to do is possible! It makes me feel like I can really do this! 

I ditto that! (feeling like such a slacker)

Don't feel like a slacker. I have been building up to this for many years... I am now using the NF challenges to put all I have learnt over many years into practice. Thats why I have a disclaimer at the end of my goals post! ;)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Week 2 is done!!!!! We are a third of the way there! Time for my check in. 

1. Average calorie intake to be within 1750 to 1880. (+1 CON) actual average is 1833 (up from 1792)
  2. Drink an additional liter of water per day (average to be 0.9l or higher). (+1 CON) actual average is 1.16l (up from 1.15l)
  3. & 4. NEW: Time to improve the quality of my food and drink. Eat no more than 225 calories per day on average of sweets. Drink no more than 1 coffee per day on average. (+1 CON) actual average is 223 calories and 0.57 coffees (up from 205 calories and same 0.57 coffees).

Current score is still an A. I am really struggling to keep my appetite in check, I seem to be starving by the time meal time comes around. I don't know if its the extra fruit I am eating to make up for the reduced sweets or the extra exercise. Probably both!

2. Mental Strength

1. Get at least 7 hours sleep on average per day. (+1 CHA) average is at 7.09 hours (down from 7.21hours)
  2. Meditate regularly adding up to an average of 8min per day (+1 WIS). average is at 8.7min (down from 8.9min)
  3. Brain workout on average 3 times per week (+1 WIS) 8 done from 6 expected (up from 4done/3expected)

Current score would be an A. Doing pretty well with this one too. Struggling to get enough sleep and I need to take naps on the weekend to get my average up. Nonetheless, its an improvement from the last challenge.

3. Strong Body
  1. Exercise on average 20min per day. (+1 STR) average is at 22.7min (up from 20.9min)
  2. Look after my health or appearance on average 2 times per week  (+1 STA)  5 done from 4 expected (up from 3done/2expected)
  3. Walk/Run on average 4km per day.  (+1 STA) average is 4.4km per day (same 4.4km)
  4. Complete at least: 9 yoga workouts & 9 body weight workouts.  (+1 DEX) 3 strength and 3 yoga done (up from 2 strength and 1 yoga)
  5. Complete at least: 9 walk/runs.  (+1 STR) done (up from 2 done)  

Current score would be an A. Still doing great with this one. Wednesday I did a strength workout consisting mostly of burpees and thrusters which was so hard that I could barely walk on Thursday & Friday. Despite that I still got most of my planned workouts in, so I am very happy.

1. Do my routines regularly. Expecting overall average of 85% for success. (+1 CHA) average is 95.0% (up from 89.3%)
  2. Be Punctual on average 85% for success (+1 WIS) average is 84.8% (down from 85.7%)
  3. Home is visitor ready on half the days (+1 CHA) so far 2 out of expected 7 (up from 0 out of expected 3.5)
  4. Harvest the Fruits of my Labour, at least 8 items done (+1 WIS) so far done (same 0 done)

Current score would be an D. I slipped on punctuality this week. Shameful when I consider that the Druid mini-challenge this week was to be ON TIME. I have actually been on time for most things... it was just a couple of meetings that I was late for and not going to bed on time that brought my average slightly down. Overall I am actually doing a lot better than I normally am in terms of punctuality - so I am actually rather proud of my efforts in this area. I am also really pleased that I finally got the home to visitor ready stage. This doesnt mean its sparkly clean and organised, it just means that if someone drops by needing to make a phone call/read the electricity meter/use the bathroom I would not be mortified to let them in! Also a good friend can come by any time without me feeling that I need to make excuses for the state of the house. Now I need to keep it this way!  As for the harvesting part, I am still making progress on several of the items. I hope that by the end of this week I can start finishing some of them. 

SUMMARY: Overall I am still going to give myself a B+ for this week. For the coming week I need to keep doing what I am doing well... AND be on time more than I already am AND work on the tasks that will count towards "done items" for the 4th part of the life goal. Plus I must finish doing the rounds of the Druid challenges and go visit my Head On Accountabillibuddies!

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I'm gonna second with Jofalltrades said! And seriously, how is it that a goal about doing stuff that you need to get done turns out to be one of the tougher goals. 

I wish you a very successful week 3!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Sounds like week two went pretty well overall! Man, the getting things done goal is always tough.

Thanks. Week 2 went well and 3 is going well too so far. Getting things done is tough... but needed. Getting fit and building up good habits are all aimed at making "getting things done" easier. I know it will take time but I am confident that I'll get there! 

I'm gonna second with Jofalltrades said! And seriously, how is it that a goal about doing stuff that you need to get done turns out to be one of the tougher goals. 

I wish you a very successful week 3!

Thanks. Doing stuff is one of my biggest struggles... which is why its my life goal. The things I set myself to do are things that need me to work on them over several days/weeks in small chunks of time when I find the time and opportunity. I have several things that are in progress at the moment (6 to be exact). I didnt expect to start seeing finished items until week 4 at least. I am not worried yet!

If I get a chance I may actually be able to close 1 tomorrow. Depends on how the girls cooperate! :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Week 3 is done!!!!! Half time! Not time for a break though... full steam ahead!

1. Average calorie intake to be within 1750 to 1880. (+1 CON) actual average is 1812 (down from 1833)
  2. Drink an additional liter of water per day (average to be 0.9l or higher). (+1 CON) actual average is 1.22l (up from 1.16l)
  3. & 4. NEW: Time to improve the quality of my food and drink. Eat no more than 225 calories per day on average of sweets. Drink no more than 1 coffee per day on average. (+1 CON) actual average is 174 calories and 0.57 coffees (down from 223 calories and same 0.57 coffees).

Current score is still an A. Appetite has normalized and this week I saved up some calories for the coming week. I have a business trip and while I will be making good choices, I also know that is not always possible while traveling.

2. Mental Strength

1. Get at least 7 hours sleep on average per day. (+1 CHA) average is at 7.05 hours (down from 7.09hours)
  2. Meditate regularly adding up to an average of 8min per day (+1 WIS). average is at 10.1min (up from 8.7min)
  3. Brain workout on average 3 times per week (+1 WIS) 13 done from 9 expected (up from 8done/6expected)

Current score would be an A. I am finding that meditating just before sleep is helping me sleep better. Thats has stolen a bit of time from my sleep time, but overall it is worth it!

3. Strong Body
  1. Exercise on average 20min per day. (+1 STR) average is at 21.2min (down from 22.7min)
  2. Look after my health or appearance on average 2 times per week  (+1 STA)  8 done from 6 expected (up from 5done/4expected)
  3. Walk/Run on average 4km per day.  (+1 STA) average is 4.4km per day (same 4.4km)
  4. Complete at least: 9 yoga workouts & 9 body weight workouts.  (+1 DEX) 6 strength and 4 yoga done (up from 3 strength and down from 3 yoga)
  5. Complete at least: 9 walk/runs.  (+1 STR) done (up from 5 done)  

Current score would be an A. I am 0.5 workouts behind on the yoga, but I am ahead by 1.5 on both the strength and walk/runs. Overall very happy with how consistent I have been so far.

1. Do my routines regularly. Expecting overall average of 85% for success. (+1 CHA) average is 95.1% (up from 95.0%)
  2. Be Punctual on average 85% for success (+1 WIS) average is 85.7% (up from 85.7%)
  3. Home is visitor ready on half the days (+1 CHA) so far out of expected 3.5 (up from 2 out of expected 7)
  4. Harvest the Fruits of my Labour, at least 8 items done (+1 WIS) so far done (same 0 done)

Current score would be an C. I am keeping up with the routines. I am have improved my punctuality. And I have made significant progress towards closing some of the things listed for completion under "Harvest the Fruits of my Labour". I am confident that by next report I will have closed some items and be closer to a B on this one.

SUMMARY: Overall I am still going to give myself an A- for this week. For the coming week I will be traveling, goal is to try to not slip up too much on my goals this week... and if possible make progress. I wont be around to provide motivation to others... but I hope to find time on the weekend to visit everyone's threads.

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Sounds like a brilliant week.... congratulations!

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Sounds like you are doing pretty good and making progress on your goals! Good luck not slipping up while traveling, you can do it!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

We're only just now ending Week 4, but I'm already thinking ahead to possible goals for the next round. Your multi-phase, nested goals and your commitment to them are inspirational. I think I will try use that concept as a basis for at least one of my goals next time. 

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Thanks for the nice comments!

We're only just now ending Week 4, but I'm already thinking ahead to possible goals for the next round. Your multi-phase, nested goals and your commitment to them are inspirational. I think I will try use that concept as a basis for at least one of my goals next time. 

Thanks. Always glad to inspire.

A word of warning: I really wouldn't recommend going all out with as much stuff as I have going... just the effort needed to track and plan it all is huge. To be perfectly honest a lot of my stuff are things that I have to do anyway and then building on that. Otherwise it is just too much to take on all at once. I know what I speak of... since I am struggling to keep up (not to worry, I will keep up, it just means less online time). Anyway, I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge! It is always great to see how people take something and change it to fit their specific needs. The idea of starting with one or two goal is good. :D

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Four weeks done... For some reason this challenge both feels like time is flying and like its dragging on and on and on. Probably something to do with tracking I am doing on a daily basis.

1. Average calorie intake to be within 1750 to 1880. (+1 CON) actual average is 1871 (up from 1812)
  2. Drink an additional liter of water per day (average to be 0.9l or higher). (+1 CON) actual average is 1.17l (down from 1.22l)
  3. & 4. NEW: Time to improve the quality of my food and drink. Eat no more than 225 calories per day on average of sweets. Drink no more than 1 coffee per day on average. (+1 CON) actual average is 150 calories and 0.57 coffees (down from 174 calories and same 0.57 coffees).

Current score is still an A. My average calories for this past week were a whopping 2046 and I enjoyed every last little calorie of it guilt free. Thats what I should eat if I was exercising heavily... instead I spent even longer than usual sitting in meetings and walked less. I knew this would happen... so I had planned ahead by eating a bit less the previous week. Overall I only gained 0.1kg since the last weigh in... and this week I am back to normal eating again, so all is good.

2. Mental Strength

1. Get at least 7 hours sleep on average per day. (+1 CHA) average is at 7.10 hours (up from 7.05hours)
  2. Meditate regularly adding up to an average of 8min per day (+1 WIS). average is at 9.1min (down from 10.1min)
  3. Brain workout on average 3 times per week (+1 WIS) 15 done from 12 expected (down from 13done/9expected)

Current score is A. Still really enjoying the benefits of meditating just before sleep... I even stopped needing to listen to my iPod before sleep. 

3. Strong Body
  1. Exercise on average 20min per day. (+1 STR) average is at 19.2min (down from 21.2min)
  2. Look after my health or appearance on average 2 times per week  (+1 STA)  8 done from 8 expected (down from 8done/6expected)
  3. Walk/Run on average 4km per day.  (+1 STA) average is 4.2km per day (down from 4.4km)
  4. Complete at least: 9 yoga workouts & 9 body weight workouts.  (+1 DEX) 6 strength and 7 yoga done (up from 6 strength and up from 4 yoga)
  5. Complete at least: 9 walk/runs.  (+1 STR) done (up from 6 done)  

Score went down to a B because my workouts were shorter due to being rather busy. I can live with this, it wont take much to bring this goal back to an A.

1. Do my routines regularly. Expecting overall average of 85% for success. (+1 CHA) average is 93.1% (down from 95.1%)
  2. Be Punctual on average 85% for success (+1 WIS) average is 85.5% (down from 85.7%)
  3. Home is visitor ready on half the days (+1 CHA) so far 11 out of expected 14 (up from 4 out of expected 10.5)
  4. Harvest the Fruits of my Labour, at least 8 items done (+1 WIS) so far done (up from 0 done)

Current score would be an C. I am keeping up with the routines (this week was not as good as previous weeks but still more than I would normally do). Punctuality could be better... but for the purposes of this challenge its on track. I am catching up on the Visistor Ready front... if I keep up this week, then I will be green by next update. Time to start closing some of the items on my list.

SUMMARY: This week I am going to give myself a B+. I did amazingly well during the business trip, better than I expected. Then I came home and slacked off. Pretty much every number that got worse this week was not due to the business trip but due to the days following the trip (the only exception is the calories eaten). I needed a few days to relax. Thats simply how it is, I used a lot of resilience during the trip and then when I got home I needed some time to decompress. Thats done with now... so full steam ahead for the last 2 weeks! Usually I save the "let's finish strong" battle cry for the last week... but this time I am going to start with 2 weeks to go... LET'S FINISH STRONG! 

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

And before I forget... time for the final report!

1. Average calorie intake to be within 1750 to 1880. (+1 CON) actual average is 1879 calories per day
  2. Drink an additional liter of water per day (average to be 0.9l or higher). (+1 CON) actual average is 1.09l additional water per day
  3. & 4. Eat no more than 225 calories per day on average of sweets. Drink no more than 1 coffee per day on average. (+1 CON) actual average is 224 calories of sweets and 0.51 coffees per day 

I barely made it within the average with the amount of food I ate and sweets... I did loose 2kg over the past 6 weeks. So what I was eating was the right amount. I nailed the water drinking and reduction of coffee intake. For next challenge I am not going to track the coffee intake or sweets. I was also considering stopping the calorie tracking, but since I plan to track protein intake and will be logging food anyway, I think I will keep tracking for another challenge. Score is A.

2. Mental Strength

1. Get at least 7 hours sleep on average per day. (+1 CHA) average is at 7.01 hours per night.
  2. Meditate regularly adding up to an average of 8min per day (+1 WIS). average is at 8.1min per day.
  3. Brain workout on average 3 times per week (+1 WIS) 20 done from 18.4 expected 

I am still not getting enough sleep some nights... but I am doing a lot better than I was a few months ago. Meditation before sleep for me seems to be the way to go. I really like that I no longer need my iPod to fall asleep, even when I wake up in the middle of the night. Score is A.

3. Strong Body
  1. Exercise on average 20min per day. (+1 STR) average is at 23.6min per day. 
  2. Look after my health or appearance on average 2 times per week  (+1 STA)  14 done from 12.3 expected
  3. Walk/Run on average 4km per day.  (+1 STA) average is 4.3km per day 
  4. Complete at least: 9 yoga workouts & 9 body weight workouts.  (+1 DEX) 11 strength and 14 yoga done 
  5. Complete at least: 9 walk/runs.  (+1 STR) 12 done  

Nailed this goal. I think that for next challenge I will stop tracking the min per day as a goal. If I am doing the workouts, then the time doesnt matter. I need to get a bit better about running, I did go out and walk extra and got a few sprints in... but no real training yet. . Score is A.

1. Do my routines regularly. Expecting overall average of 85% for success. (+1 CHA) average is 92.3% 
  2. Be Punctual on average 85% for success (+1 WIS) average is 85.3% 
  3. Home is visitor ready on half the days (+1 CHA) 23 out of expected 21.5)
  4. Harvest the Fruits of my Labour, at least 8 items done (+1 WIS)  done

Seems like Getting Things Done is just not my thing. Need a bit more work in this area. My routines seem to be falling into place, the 92.3% score is deceptive and I am going to change how I track this for next challenge to simplify the tracking and also to see more results.  Score is B.

SUMMARY: Overall score for this challenge is A. This challenge I was looking for results in the life goal area. Instead I got results in the physical fitness area, I have now lost a total of 10kg since my first challenge (9kg of fat and 1kg of lean mass lost. I dropped the equivalent to 2 sizes of clothes from overflowing in a 40 to now finding a 38 is too big. I am now wearing S for most things instead of L). I have more energy and look a lot better in photos. I am turning into a fit person... which means that with all my new found energy... for next challenge I am going to nail the life goal!

The one area I was pretty slack with was once again the Accountibilibuddies... and I feel pretty bad about that. What I am taking away from the experience is that at the moment I simple don't have the time to join accountability groups and its not fair on the other members. So for next challenge I am not joining an accountability group.

Updated list of things I expect to see from the challenges (things achieved this challenged are marked in green and crossed out): Reach my pre-pregnancies weight. Maintain or increase lean mass. Which should mean a reduction of body fat. Reach 10kg lost milestone. Reach goal lean mass / body fat percentage. Clothes fit better (or possibly worse if suddenly they are too large for me). I smile more. I have more energy. I am more relaxed. My girls are happier and more relaxed. Husband is happy too! I don’t feel isolated. I am more efficient at completing my tasks. I have more time to spend on other pursuits like reading/stitching/designing/learning. My home is visitor ready most of the time. My desk is less cluttered. I am not rushing around to get things done. I am not late to appointments or with finishing my tasks. I get a nice list of things done during the challenge. 

I totally enjoying running and participating on the mini-challenges for the guild. The attribute I choose for successful mini-challeng participation is +1 CHA.

Overall, I am one very happy little Druid!

I am now a Level 5 and new character attributes are: 

Lusitanian Druid, Level 5

STR: 9 | DEX: 10 | STA: 11 | CON: 15 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 14

Chanda the Druid is smiling as she leaves the forrest clearing. Her body feels stronger. Her mind is clear. She knows her place in the order of things. She knows what to do next. Now is the time to CELEBRATE.

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Inspiring as always Chanda!

So, you and me both being happy abut the weight :-)

It's quite a strange feeling at times don't you think?

Thanks! I'll be checking out the reports and updates tomorrow... now its time for sleep!

Just wanted to let you know that I agree, it is a strange feeling... in a good way. Ultimately it is not about the weight. I do love numbers and weight is easy to track. What it really is about is how we fit we are and how we feel. The other day I went shopping for clothes and realized I fit much better into clothes. Now I don't have to buy whatever happens to fit me (and I only half like). I can be choosy and look for things I really like. That was an awesome feeling. I had no idea how much those 10kg where dragging me down. I have a spring in my step. I am more active. I am happier. Right now I feel better than I have felt in a long time! 

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

It looks like you had a great challenge even if your lifestyle goal was not where you wanted it to be. Also, grats on the weight loss. :) 

The other day I went shopping for clothes and realized I fit much better into clothes. Now I don't have to buy whatever happens to fit me (and I only half like). I can be choosy and look for things I really like. That was an awesome feeling. I had no idea how much those 10kg where dragging me down. I have a spring in my step. I am more active. I am happier. Right now I feel better than I have felt in a long time!

This is awesome and I'm very happy for you!

You are inspiring, just like Evenewbie said. :)

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines