Shadow evolution: from warrior to assassin and beyond. (lrgart's 2nd coming)

lrgart

Oosh - I don't know what half of these exercises are so assume they are something hard and exotic. If they are all really easy and consist of tossing a ball of wool from one hand to the other, don't break the illusion - let me be overawed. Anyway, I admire the nerve of doing tough mudder. I considered it last year but the whole near-death-experience aspect of it put me off and I did brutal run instead, which was very hard but nobody attached jump leads to my balls at the end or whatever they do on that TM!

Anyway, I just dropped by to say thanks again for the tip about the plank rows. I did my first go of that today. I was a bit knackered after another workout but will give it another go at the weekend and see if I can get it a bit tighter!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Glad you enjoyed the plank row. It is definitely a go to on back day.

Believe it or not, the hardest obstacle on the body at TM was the giant ice bath. Every muscle wanted to cramp at the same time!

2 of my kids got to watch the electrode dance...

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Challenge 1, Challenge 2 Shadows Fall Mojo Log

Run for those who want to and cannot.

So, Tuesday through Thursday were nothing but stress and no workout days. Yesterday my lovely wife came out to the clinic and was able to get a great workout in after running 3 miles that morning...  She continually amazes me in her transformation from non-runner to beast every day!  I got pretty down about not working out and she (gave me a proverbial kick in the nuts) encouraged me to get out and destroy myself this morning.  My hat is off to those who do this without a partner!

Today's recap: 5 mile slog on the treadmill due to craptastic MO weather.  Circuit of deadlifts, KB cleans, squat press and MB chest passes for distance, farmer's carry, TRX rows and inverted SL pushups x 2. 

Feeling ravenous... Time to refuel with half a cow or pig or something. 

Cheers everyone, have a great weekend, mine is looking better now!

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Slow start to the workouts this week, but came on strong this weekend thanks to a light kids schedule and fantastically awesome wife!  We got to finish our weekly mileage this evening and ended up meeting some life goals today too!

Weekly mileage-9 miles (8 land based, 1 water based.... I swim like a stone apparently!)

2 weight workouts

Laundry rebooted several times

Kitchen scrubbed underneath the appliances (toaster, coffee pot, crockpots)

Main floor swept and mopped

Hair cut

Nothing but a big fat WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! I was ready to kick this week to the curb after Thursday, but it turned out decent after all.

When life gives you lemons, launch them right back up his a... nose and smile!  

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

So far, so awesome!

Monday was glorious-had my first massage EVER!  I could have done that for another couple of hours, and bonus:  I think I was taller afterwards!

Have 6 miles in this week, and we haven't hit the weekend yet. 

Explosive pullups: 6 WOOHOOOO  Next goal is to clap over the bar! 

DATE NIGHT TONIGHT!!!

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Impressive stuff - keep it up!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

*knocks politely*

Hellooo!

You're very quiet lately!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

You were right about those reverse burpees - they were well tuesday!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

He's ALIVE!!

The GREAT news, my lovely wife has completed her C25k running program and we have been able to run together for the last 3 runs outside!!  The foul weather pattern has cleared long enough to see ground that is not slippery, white, or 12" deep!   I could not be any prouder than her for transitioning from non-runner to gazelle!  She is one of the most graceful and efficient runners (that never ran) I have ever seen!

So, the last 2 weeks have been a bust in terms of my mileage and strength training goals.  I had a cascade of little things turn into a tsunami at work. 

1.  I am a clinical instructor of physiotherapists.  Most students have completed their book work and come to my clinic for real world hands-on learning.  This helps me keep abreast of new information and techniques and allows me to pass on my knowledge to newbies to make the world a more functional and pain-free place.  This works best when my students don't look and act like they just got thrown into a roman gladiatorial arena with a butter knife and feather for their weapons of choice!  My latest student (for a 9 week rotation) had this exact expression upon starting her rotation with me. 

Now, I know that I can be a little odd at times, but our clinic really is a great place-small town atmosphere, good rapport with patients and staff (think Cheers with exercise tools and no beer) and rock music :livid:

My patients are great about meeting new students and welcoming them into our family, and over the first 2 weeks of her rotation she was coaxed out of her hidey-hole and is now facing new challenges mostly head-on.

2.  I see on average 18 patients within a 10 hour period and do the whole computer documentation thingy-AND MY COMPUTER BROKE !!!!  GRRRRRR :disgust:

So I had to crank up the stone and chisel based computer from 2003-ish era to get things finished not so quick like.  This also means that the notes I finish at the wee hours at home had to be done before I left work = no workout time after work as was the norm.

It took 2 weeks for the warranty-based work to be completed, which did not cover the cracked laptop case, so I have to reapply my sweet camo duct tape to hold it together, but I can now do my notes at home rather than stay after 2 hours away from the family. 

Next week will be back on track as the major hurdles have been cleared now. 

Thank you 18ck for checking in on me.

A HUGE thanks to aimless for getting me some workout time in the late hours of the day. 

I have been pimping NF to any who will listen, it is such a great community to keep me on track and inspired to be better.  :biggrin-new:

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Starting this week with a bang, dead or not! 

I have been fighting the late winter crud for the past 3 days, and refuse to give in.  To that effect, I was able to log 4 miles with the Aimless Avenger and super pooch (or dumbo depending on what he's doing at the time)!   Then came home to soak in a combo of epson salts and essential oils to try and clear out the rest of it!

After that, baseball with the boy for 1.5 hours in the cold-where did the 70F go, it was barely in the high 30's!  St. Louis weather is crazier than a football bat!

Now it's dinner time with the rest of the cuckoo's nest :)

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Good for you for not giving in! Hope your cold is getting better.

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Don't be dead, you're a minotaur nor a zombie :D Even if a Zombie minotaur have its advantages. ^^ Just a few days left, destroy the cold and fight until the end! You've been doing great! 

And congratulate your gazelle wife for me, I never managed to be graceful while running, my feet are too heavy :x

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Alive and (dead)lifting!

Heavy leg day in 20 minutes:

Single leg press 250# x 24, 330# x 14

Single leg calf raise 270# x 20

Hamstring curl 140# x 30

Roman chair 20 x double leg 10 x single leg

Dead lifts 185# x 30 bent concentric, straight eccentric

Band sidestepping with overhead press 50' and 60#

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

6 week wrap up: B- overall. Teaching and working the past 5 weeks has been exponentially more difficult. To ensure high quality patient care AND clinical experience for my student, most nights were an hour past shift. Workouts were basic and not along the spirit of the challenge. Better work next time.

2nd Challenge - Starting stats: Finishing stats
Height: 67"
Weight: 195#.
Neck: 15.5.
Chest: 46.5.
BIcep: 14.25.
Waist : 37.25.
Hip: 38.75.
Thigh: 24.0.
Calf: 16.25.

Decreased neck, chest, thigh circumference-Woohoo!
Increased muscle bulk in calf and buttock-Even more reason to not wear skinny jeans!!!

Goals for this challenge:

Cardio/conditioning: Weekly mileage of 15 miles composed of: Trail running with natural obstacles as agility and strength training, Road running with playgrounds used as self-abuse waypoints, Swimming. (Nothing like having to time your breathing or else!) +2 STA

+1 STA. did not reach 15 miles avg. Ran 3x consistently.

Strength training: 2 days of upper and lower body functional movement drills to include jumping, rolls, and wall climbs. There is an exposed I beam at work that I can use for hand over hand work to work on upper body strength and drops into rolls. Subgoal: 3 trips back and forth 10' section without dropping and increase dead lift to 300#. +1STR

.5 STR here. Issues at work prevented consistent strength training.

Diet: I was successful in making meals prior to work with only 2 trips to the store during work to get food. This was helpful for budget and ensuring that I followed healthy plan. I want to continue this goal into this challenge. Added side goal for this is to drop an inch from my waist (this is one area that I tend to carry my body fat). +1 CON

+1 CON here. Diet plan maintained. Waist measurements increased this round.

Level up life goal: Place ceramic tile in kitchen floor, and vinyl in DD's room. +1 WIS

Didn't happen-no points.

I still plan on completing Tough Mudder 2013 in MO. Any and all welcome to meet up and slay the beast with me.

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines