Dúnedain - ArmoredGallant's Slow Path to Awesomeness

ArmoredGallant

Hello everyone!

Alright, so my story is on my profile page so I won't clutter this thread with the whole thing, but to make it short; I was obese, got in-shape, got sick and back to obese again, and am now trying to get back into shape while juggling being a husband, father, student, and working.

I took the beginners routine and modified it a bit, then put some interval training as well as some exercise classes and a bit of weightlifting. I'm also going to do some portion controlling of my food, limiting calorie intake and how much is allowed on my plate (cutting down meats, raising up veggies, etc.).

Current Stats:

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 295

Currently able to complete:

10 Full Push-Ups

40 Crunches

0 Pull-Ups

20 Seconds of Planks

Yep, I'm not in the very good condition (especially compared to when I was in-shape). I've taken a picture of myself now and will take one at the end and hopefully there will be some sort of difference, lol.

Six Week Challenge:

Diet Goals: (+1 to CHA, +3 to CON)

Eat a max of 2000 calories a day.

Eat at least one side of fruits/vegetables a day.

1 "rest day" a week where I can hit 3500 calories.

Level Up My Life Goal: (+ 3 to STA)

Spend more time outside of the house (parks, walking around the mall, etc.). At least 1 hour every other day (excluding Sundays).

Fitness Goals: (+2 to STR, DEX, STA, CHA)

Complete the following exercise routines:

Mon/Wed/Fri:

1 Set:

Jumping Jacks: 30

Squats: 30

Push-Ups: 10

Crunches: 20

Reverse Crunches: 20

Plank: 20-Seconds

Tue/Thu/Sat:

Interval Training:

5 Minutes of light walking.

5 Sets of:

30 seconds of increased pace.

2 minutes of decreased pace.

5 minutes of light jogging and stretching.

I'm sure this could be better, and advice is welcome. I've put a lot of research into this but I also know there's always those with more info/experience than me.

- Armored Gallant

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Due to various issues cropping up, I had to put the challenge on hold until tomorrow. Wednesday I will go full-force into this thing and rock it! :D

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Day 1:

Kicked arse! Oh yeah!... mostly.

Exercise:

Completed the 1 hour of Belly Dance and Yoga, but didn't complete the bodyweight exercises.

Diet:

If it were a hurricane, I'd have rocked it. According to FatSecret, the site I'm using to keep track of calories, I ate about 1600 calories, so I have plenty of space leftover :)

Anyway, here's hoping I'm able to do the just as well, if not better, tomorrow!

Day 2:

Well, it could've been worse I suppose.

Exercise: I did walk, but I didn't do the interval training.

Level up my life: I forgot that I made the rule about computer time for Day 1 and 2, gonna have to work on that now.

Diet: Urg... I made the mistake of eating fast food. I forgot how bad it is for you and with two small things ate over half of my allotted calorie intake in one meal. I wound up hitting about 3k calories, though was still under what my BMR is to lose weight. Essentially, it could've been worse, but it could've been far better.

Yeesh, eating 2k calories a day can be hard if I'm not careful. I also quit my gym so until I either figure out a good gym to join that I can afford or get really disciplined at doing exercises at home (or both, lol). I just have such a hard time exercising at home, not because I can't but I just get so caught up in other things. When I'm out and about I can exercise, so maybe I should start visiting the park next to me and do some routines there.

Alrighty, so I pretty much quit updating on here during the six weeks since I had no help, encouragement, or even some sort response from anyone at all so I pretty much just turned to Fitocracy to keep track of my routines. Seriously love that site. Anyway, so here's where I stand now:

I did... okay. I didn't do horrible, but I didn't do great either.

My MWF routines were rocked and expanded on, so I'm doing more sets, reps, and even added some different exercises to the routines.  I can now do 3 Sets, back to back, twice in a day, of:

Squats:                                                     12

Push-Ups:                                                 12

Crunches:                                                 12

Bodyweight Lunges:                                 10

Bent Over Rows (15lbs):                           12

Reverse Crunches:                                   12

Deadlifts (40lbs):                                        08

My T/TH routines, however, never really took off. I did do a lot of walking, and for miles, but I just couldn't get myself to jog. I'm planning on starting a C25k program this week.

My "level up my life" averaged into "okay." No excuses, I didn't do well. I did part of it great, but the eating was just... bad. Gonna try at least a modified version of paleo on Monday and see how that goes. 

I'd say I leveled up with some parts, especially my bodyweight/weight/cross training parts, but I didn't do well with my eating or my HIIT.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines