20-second Berserker Mode success stories!

I just had my first moment like this!

My life quest for my first challenge was to ask my best friend out on a date. Guess what I just did!

The answer was no, but that's alright! Honestly, I'm so proud of myself right now I can't stand it.

Dating and all has been a pretty big source of anxiety for me, so this was very, very good for me. I'm so incredibly glad I found Nerd Fitness. The 20 seconds weren't even all that bad! I'll have to use this in the future too!

Assuming you're still friends ( :pirate: ), this might be a good place to ask for feedback. Not in a "what's wrong with me" way, but in a "how can I come across better" sense. They can help you pick up on anything you might be doing wrong, like fingering your chainsaw and hockey mask as you gaze upon the pulsating veins in their neck... or something. That might just be me.

• Like 3

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Assuming you're still friends ( :pirate: ), this might be a good place to ask for feedback. Not in a "what's wrong with me" way, but in a "how can I come across better" sense. They can help you pick up on anything you might be doing wrong, like fingering your chainsaw and hockey mask as you gaze upon the pulsating veins in their neck... or something. That might just be me.

Lol! This is an awesome idea! It could help the friendship as well and make the whole thing fun. I love helping friends, male and female, with their dating "game" being a "wingman" or giving feedback. 

• Like 1

Eeeeeeeeeek! Just used up my 20 seconds of courage, and now I'm back to OhMyGoodGodDidIReallyJustDoThat mode.

One of the clothes shops in town is holding a fashion show to raise money for charity and they've been advertising on the radio that they need volunteers to model on the night. So many people have been telling me lately how good I look/ how much weight I've lost and you know what, I'm finally starting to believe it...

Today after work I drove straight to the shop and put my name down. Ohmygod, ohmygod, deep breaths..... I'll let you know how it turns out. Assuming I make it and don't pass out from hyperventilating on the night ;)

Well I never did receive any photos from the night, but I do have a really dodgy video clip that my mum took, and seeing as I've finally figured out how to upload videos to youtube (God! I'm such a technophobe!) I thought I'd share. :D

http://www.youtu.be/dH0funS6XyU

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey guys!

Use this thread to post your 20 second Berserker Mode Success Stories!

(No idea what I'm talking about? Check here.)

Hi Spezzy,

The link is not correct. put a semi colon after p in http - http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/02/20/the-20-second-challenge/

But it seems that the blog post is deleted  :numbness:

Jeffrey James

My Rebel Intro

Base Character: Elf

Desired Class/ Profession: Assassin

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

My Accountabilibuddies: The Renaissance Rebels

Current Challenge: #1 | Battle Log

Oh my gosh Guz!!!!!

You are so Damn sexy!

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Red is a good color for you;)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Haha! Thanks guys! A few of us made a pact "backstage" to go out and just be silly and over the top. We were all strutting our stuff like we owned the joint. Or at least, they promised me that they did it too... :lol:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Man, this thread is so inspirational. :) It's amazing.

I had my first 20 seconds of courage on Wednesday. Honestly, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for reading the beserker mode NF article the night before.

I asked for a promotion at work. Sort of.

I'm currently a resource at a daycare. That means that I go to each room (Infants, toddlers, 2-year olds, preschoolers, and school-age during the summer), and give the main teachers in those rooms their lunch breaks and let them have planning time. I go where I'm needed. I've taught every age, but have never had any primary kids. I've been working at my center for over a year, and have more settled into into the infant and toddler (1 year olds) rooms, because that's the age I've found I work best with. One of the toddler teachers is going back to school in the summer, and is going part time, and back to being a resource. I'm very shy, and am not exactly the type to speak up for things that I want... but I powered up my courage, and told my boss that I want the position. She was surprised and happy to see that I was stepping up to the position, and is sending me to training next week. :) I still have to officially apply and all that, but I pretty much have the job. 

I'm going to be an official full-time teacher. All thanks to my 20 seconds of courage. 

• Like 5

Jess: Level 5 Human Adventurer

STR:12 | DEX:14 | STA:10 | CON:14 | WIS:10 | CHA:4 |

[Level 1]-[Level 2]-[Level 3]-[Level 4]-[Level 5]

I'm a hero.

Man, this thread is so inspirational. :) It's amazing.

I had my first 20 seconds of courage on Wednesday. Honestly, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for reading the beserker mode NF article the night before.

I asked for a promotion at work. Sort of.

I'm currently a resource at a daycare. That means that I go to each room (Infants, toddlers, 2-year olds, preschoolers, and school-age during the summer), and give the main teachers in those rooms their lunch breaks and let them have planning time. I go where I'm needed. I've taught every age, but have never had any primary kids. I've been working at my center for over a year, and have more settled into into the infant and toddler (1 year olds) rooms, because that's the age I've found I work best with. One of the toddler teachers is going back to school in the summer, and is going part time, and back to being a resource. I'm very shy, and am not exactly the type to speak up for things that I want... but I powered up my courage, and told my boss that I want the position. She was surprised and happy to see that I was stepping up to the position, and is sending me to training next week. :) I still have to officially apply and all that, but I pretty much have the job. 

I'm going to be an official full-time teacher. All thanks to my 20 seconds of courage. 

hey... I am in and out of chat tonight (I'm at work)but I saw that you were in there!!! sorry no one was there when you were... the 0300 hour is sometimes a little slow :)

anyways 

UgyyAoY.png

Spoiler

Thanks alienjenn! :)

No worries about the chat, I've just been exploring NF tonight. I've been so busy, I haven't gotten a chance to venture through all of the forums and little features and stuff. I didn't even know we had a chatroom! I'll stop in and chat tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime now. :P Enjoy your Friday night, Rebels! 

• Like 1

Jess: Level 5 Human Adventurer

STR:12 | DEX:14 | STA:10 | CON:14 | WIS:10 | CHA:4 |

[Level 1]-[Level 2]-[Level 3]-[Level 4]-[Level 5]

I'm a hero.

Thanks alienjenn! :)

No worries about the chat, I've just been exploring NF tonight. I've been so busy, I haven't gotten a chance to venture through all of the forums and little features and stuff. I didn't even know we had a chatroom! I'll stop in and chat tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime now. :tongue: Enjoy your Friday night, Rebels! 

I am usually in there late night... because I work an 1900-0730 shift... and when things get slow I try to stay awake ;)

so come back!!! chat loves you!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Well I never did receive any photos from the night, but I do have a really dodgy video clip that my mum took, and seeing as I've finally figured out how to upload videos to youtube (God! I'm such a technophobe!) I thought I'd share. :D

http://www.youtu.be/dH0funS6XyU

You look great!!

'I'm not worried Harry, I'm with you' - Albus Dumbledore - HPatHBP

Level 0 Blob Warrior
STR 4|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

Berserker Mode Story - signed up for a Spartan race at the end of June.

I've never been a big runner anyway and have never even done a normal race, nevermind an obstacle race! Also, am going totally on my own since none of my friends want to, should be interesting!

• Like 4

GUYS!

Twenty second berserker moment!

I've been kinda flirting with this server at Applebee's the last several times I've been in there... today I'm in there with my friend and he was like "oh you're in here early" (we are usually in there late night and we go in and play Carcassonne and we usually talk with him) I was like yeah... he says "well tonight I have to be off the clock by eleven I'd love to play with you"

Squee!

I said "I'm off tonight and not doing anything I can come back"

He was like "really?"

So I have a date... not sure if it's a date date or just hanging out with a cute guy playing a nerdy game... either way if call it a win... I stepped out of my comfort zone and actually flirted and I'm actually going back to hang out....

The evil monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 5

Spoiler

So it ended up being a "playing a game with a cute guy" kinda date (he's got a girlfriend)

But I stepped outta my comfort zone and I met someone new and he might be a new friend (although I found out his girlfriend was mad he was out playing a game with a girl... so...) but he said Carcassonne is his favorite game and he had no one to play with so he want going to pass a chance to play... 

And I beat him

• Like 5

Spoiler