Laura's "Come At Me, Bro" Challenge

Hermione Gainser

BIO

You can learn all you need to about me by googling "kitty snuggle gif".  Seriously, go do that now. I'll wait. ...

Okay, so welcome back! Now that you know me, let's talk challenge:

CHALLENGE FOCUS

This challenge coincides nicely with the end (or almost end) of Crazy Work Season.  While I have plenty of things I want to do I realize starting something new right now, or adding more than the bare bones, is just setting myself up for failure.  So, let's maintain and plan ahead for days I know will be the craziest.  Everything else is on the back burner.

GOALS

cm-44006-150ef432e94dc0.gif

Come at me, Big Eatah!

Plan to eat big on long, crazy work days.  There is always ample free food and I always pretend like I won't enjoy it.  I fail more often than not. 

This year: plan to pig out on those days by planning to eat well the rest of the time (weekends included!).

Known Culprits:

• Tuesday March 5 (high potential day)
  • Thursday March 7 (if scheduled as we believe this will likely be 14+ hour day)
  • Last week of Crazy Work Season (dates to be determined but should coincide with the end of this challenge)

Tools for Success:

• Batch cooking (which I already do, and have done, for years)
  • Back up foods for surprise long days
    • Stuff like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, fruit
  • Posting weekly schedule here before the week starts

Come at me, Brotape!

Last challenge I realized I needed more food so I upped my intake.  Must keep track of measurements (every two weeks), take photos again, log that info here.

Starting Measurements:

Weight: 164.8

Shoulder: 37.5

Chest: 35.5

L. Bicep (held): 12

L. Bicep (flat): 12.25

R. Bicep (held): 11.5

R. Bicep (flat): 11.5

Above: 30.7

At: 34.25

Below: 37

Hips: 39.25

Butt: 41

Left thigh: 23.25

Right thigh: 23.25

Notes on starting measurements:

• I freaked out a little about the weight.  That's 3-7 pounds more than I usually weigh.  My increase isn't substantial enough that I think I've actually gained that weight.  I definitely feel more bloated than normal.  I hope this is because of the increase in carbs.
  • Above and At Navel measurements are both up a little (actually AT is up .5 in from 1 month ago), which makes me worry. Carb increase? Fat increase?
  • Butt is up ~.5 inch
  • Thighs are down ~.25 inch

What does it all mean?!?!  But seriously, I guess it's okay if I'm right about the increased water weight from more carbs.  Otherwise, it's not okay and I'm getting fat :)

Come at me, Cardiovascular Health!

Sweet and simple: Do two finishers each week. 

Caveats:

• Getting in any workout is better than getting in no workout. So, on those later nights when I just barely get to the gym it is okay to skip a finisher so I can get home and eat/sleep.

Come at me, Bro!

Life goal is to keep myself as sane and happy as possible by any means necessary.

castlesmilegone.gif

I'll come back with points later.. maybe...

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

z48b8.jpg

This.. is a little terrifying.  and I kinda like it.

I need to do pics/measurements too.  Adjusting for know stress is a great thing to do.  Keep yourself sane!  Good luck, girl ;)

26180181.jpg

HA! Love it!  Ryan is such a great cheerleader! :P

Eating to fuel the machine like a boss!  You are such a bad ass. Can't wait to see what the "any means necessary" for your sanity will bring.

tumblr_ljkga1sjPf1qchep9-1.gif

d'aww shucks!  Ha! That will involve a lot of pajama pants and TEDtalks on Netflix :)

Yay! I can't wait to see what happens!

friends.jpg

I'm not sure why, but this made giggle snort. 

Go on Laura! Love the pic! :)

Thanks!

Ok, before it get too out of hand in here...

Solid plan girl!  Do the best you can with what ya got for now!

Ok, resume getting out of hand.

Fo' sho!

I should have known better than to actually google snuggle kitten gif.

Should have known better....

hahahahaha remember that for when you have a bad day!

Perhaps it's my Jersey roots, but I love your approach to this challenge. 

tumblr_m914pqsv7X1rr9rlq.gif

tumblr_lqzdiiqtAG1qkmufo.gif

oh 

my.

In. Haven't even read it yet, but I'm coming back.

:D

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Is it sad that one of my biggest hopes for my new job is that the internet usage is less restrictive so I can see all of the gifs in your thread?

Yes?

Ok, then forget I said that.

Not sad.  It has occurred to me more than once while at work that Laura's thread is one of the top reasons I love having a smart phone.

...maybe that's sad.

I guess you can forget I said that then.

Aiel Rebel

Current Challenge

Str: 18.75 | Dex: 12.25 | Sta: 16 | Con: 30.25 | Wis: 27 | Cha: 16.25

Also, this week's schedule:

• There are no pre scheduled big days, though the end of the week may get long. 
  • I may have a movie night at my coworker's on Friday.. so I need to plan for that.
  • Boyf has a tournament on Saturday so I'll need to work out later than usual (and not eat a bunch of sh*t when we go out afterwards).

Is it sad that one of my biggest hopes for my new job is that the internet usage is less restrictive so I can see all of the gifs in your thread?

Yes?

Not sad.  It has occurred to me more than once while at work that Laura's thread is one of the top reasons I love having a smart phone.

...maybe that's sad.

I guess you can forget I said that then.

Ha!  Nope, I refuse to acknowledge that as sad.  It's awesome.

Yes?

Are you sick of having to make mental notes of which threads to re-read from home too?

I have lots of thoughts about your goals.  But am too hungry to actually explain them.  So I will give you this gif and my approval until I can be more comprehensible (seriously I just had to sit here and think if that was a word for like three minutes, ended up googling it...)

tumblr_m8ciqzMtup1rqc8f0o2_400.gif

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Nice goals Miss Laura. Any ideas on finishers?

Thanks.  So far only two :P  I do my tabata thing on Saturday, which is fun and easy and I could switch to Thursday.  Otherwise, I could bust out muh old jump rope. I just need to find a good place in the gym to do that (thinking maybe in the zumba room on Saturdays when no one is in class).

I'm looking into more ideas so suggestions are welcome.  :)   I'm trying to stay away from anything that's too technique-y since I'm an uncoordinated mess.

Huzzah!

I keep big tubs of cottage cheese and whole milk yogurt in the fridge at work.  They've saved me on many occasions!

Yes! And this gives a good reason to buy them.. I don't always schedule them into my meal plan (yeah, I do that) but I love them. Them and fresh fruit.. I mean, how can I resist?!?!  So yay!

I have lots of thoughts about your goals.  But am too hungry to actually explain them.  So I will give you this gif and my approval until I can be more comprehensible (seriously I just had to sit here and think if that was a word for like three minutes, ended up googling it...)

tumblr_m8ciqzMtup1rqc8f0o2_400.gif

Yesssssssss! I look forward to hearing them once you're coherent again :) 

Finally got a chance to read it. You will kick all the bootay! I'm seeing some impending bro curlz for your right arm. ;)

Wooo! I haven't done my rounds yet but I'm hoping to see your thread when I do :D

I'd have to check on my notes for what I'm eating to be sure, but I think that my weight hangs out on the +3 end of my fluctuations whenever I eat grains. Water retention. So I don't count that as actual weight gain-- if I was doing a competition and needed to drop weight I'd cut 'em but otherwise whatever.

I support goals that mean you are sane and happy. Stress is no good and driving yourself crazy to do all of the things is counterproductive in the long run.

Woohoo! The Laura thread!!

My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

Loving that one of your goals is a plan to pig out! :)

One day, I too will need to address my cardiovascular health....its been neglected for too long. It's like my cardiovascular system is saying....

cmon_bro-14096.gif

:)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines