Journey to Size 32

Good luck man! Reading your first post makes me realize we're very alike in our goals and where we are in life. I graduated in 2004 and my pant size is 34-36 as well. I am also heading towards a 32 size pant by the time I turn 27 (in July). I want to buy the Rebel Strength Guide to see what the workouts consist of. I'll be starting my journal as well.

Tonight I I completed the Beginning Body Weight Workout. I'm holding steady at completing three whole circuits before getting winded. I'm jumping back on the Daily Exercise bandwagon, as I've been lack in exercising for the past two weeks or so, which has resulted in me gaining +3 lbs!!  

Just got to keep on swimming, as Dory would say, in Finding Nemo!

Adventurer

Level 1

I just finished my 4-Hour Body Workout, which included the following:

30 warm-up jumping jackets

30 flying dogs, 15 per leg

30 abdominal raises

1 set of the Regular Perfect Push-up, reps of 14,10,6.

1 set of the Close Perfect Push-up, reps of 14,10,6.

The 4-HB Circuit
  • 3 sets of 20 seated reverse dumbbell flys on a chair
  • 3 sets of 30 kettle ball swings (with a T-Bar). 
  • 3 sets of 30 crunches on the TorsoTrac machine, with two resistance bands. 

Adventurer

Level 1

60 flying dogs, 30 per leg

30 abdominal raises

1 set of the Wide Perfect Push-up, reps of 14,10,6.

The 4-HB Circuit

------------------------------------

Last night, on April 3rd, I finished the completed the Beginning Body Weight Workout. I'm holding steady at completing three whole circuits before getting winded.

Adventurer

Level 1

This morning, I got up bright and early and did the Beginning Body Weight Workout and I was finally able to get through 3 circuits!!!. I think I'm gradually becoming more fit! Hooray for a bigger win! I also had a bit of beef jerky pre-workout and consumed 27 oz of water post-workout. 

There's no better feeling than seeing those small gains, awesome job man :D. Subbing to this. 

What's the point in living, if you can't feel alive? 

FB Battle Log

60 flying dogs, 30 per leg

30 abdominal raises

The 4-HB Circuit

I've also had a minor weight loss setback . . . It seems as thought I've gained the pounds I lost over last few weeks. I had lost 8 lbs and gained 6 lbs back. I've just got to keep a closer eye on what I'm eating, why I'm eating it and ensuring I'm getting in my daily exercise regimen!

Adventurer

Level 1

Good job on your improvements. It is quite nice when you suddenly realize you can exercise longer and harder than before. As far as the weight gain I'm having similar issues, although I'm not tracking weight but inches. Just make sure you keep track of what you're eating. I suggest using Fitday to help see where you're at. Good luck!

Webster's Dictionary defines the word "Choice" as the "act of choosing" and this evening I decided to break my post-work pattern of checking email immediately upon entering the door and decided log onto Nerd Fitness, open up my Daily Battle Log and make a conscious choice to work out this evening, rather than telling myself, "I'm too tired" to get in my 15-20 minute workout. Brownie points for me!

I finished my 4-Hour Body Workout, which included the following:

60 flying dogs, 30 per leg

30 abdominal raises

The 4-HB Circuit

Adventurer

Level 1

It's been ages since I've written anything on my Battle Log, but here's to dusting off my hiatus and getting back on track towards my goal of a 32-inch waist and a body fat percent of 15-20%.

This morning I had a breakfast of three hard boiled eggs, sprinkled with some crushed red pepper. Not the most elaborate breakfast, but it felt better than eating a pastry or a donut!

I re-started the Beginner Body Workout this morning and here are my results:

30 Jumping Jacks Warm-Up

20 body weight squats X 3

10 push ups X 3

20 walking lunges X 3

30 dumbbell rows

30 Jumping Jacks X 2

I've eliminated the plank, as it's nothing something I enjoy doing.

That's it for today. Off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday afternoon!

Adventurer

Level 1

Hi folks!

Getting back into the swing of things. Just entered in my calorie counts into MyFitnessPal.com and every time I do that, especially if I've eaten at a fast food joint, I think of the quote, "The numbers may hurt, but they don't lie." 

In addition, I also completed my 4-Hour Body workout today, which consisted of the following:

75 kettle ball swings = 25 repetitions per set

75 TorsoTrack crunches = 25 repetitions per set

45 seated dumb bell flys = 15 repetitions per set

Feel good to get in some exercise and blow off some of the daily stresses that build up at work!

Adventurer

Level 1

A brief run-down of today:

I skipped breakfast on my way to work and stopped at Starbucks to pick up a tall Caramel Brulée Latte. On the drive to work, while sipping my latte, I realized that I'm no longer crazy about Starbucks coffee drinks and I'm coming to realize that they're just WAY too sweet . . . anyone else feel that way?

Lunch consisted of home-made lasagna - it's not 100% paleo, but I'm getting there in small steps - and a huge helping of kale.

I re-started the Beginner Body Workout this evening and I realized I had missed that feeling of doing some active, of moving, of sweating and that good tired that comes afterwards. 

"Consistency is better than working harder and harder." That'll be my goal for getting back on track to size 32, being unable to run up a flight of stairs or catch a train without being winded and achieving 10% body fat by December of 2014!

Adventurer

Level 1

I'm in damn near the same boat!  I graduated in the same year, and I'm currently a size 36, and I want to be back down to 32.

I got rid of all my 32 and 34 pants, but I have one size 35 that is too tight right now... that's the one I'm going to keep trying on every week or two and see if I am getting closer to fitting in it...

Press on!

For the last three weeks, I've been working out 3X a week, using the Nerd Fitness Rebel Fitness Guide, starting at Level 1, Rookie. To keep track of my progress, I've created a wall calendar to give me a daily reminder of how I've been doing for the week, which has worked wonders for keeping me on task. In fact, I think looking at the calendar everyday is a living, breathing example of the 4 Principles of Failure Proofing, as described by Tim Ferris:

1. Make it conscious
  2. Make it a game
  3. Make it competitive
  4. Make it small and temporary

In that short amount of time, I've started to look slimmer, combined with going about 85% Paleo for most of the week. I'm looking forward to keeping my momentum moving forward!

Adventurer

Level 1

Boom!  After a two week hiatus of doing the Nerd Fitness Rebel Fitness, I'm back on the wagon. I completed Workout A of the Level 1 Rookie workout, with a following modifications in BOLD and UNDERLINED text:

Warm-Up

30 jumping jacks

1 set of 15 chops

1 set of 30 hip raises

1 set of 10 rotational chops

1 set of 10 incline push ups

Level 1 Workout A Routine

Squats, 2 x15 reps

Incline Push Ups, 2 sets of 15 reps

Step Ups, 2 x 10 reps per leg

One-Arm Dumbbell Row, 2 x 30 reps

Hip Raises, 2 sets of 30 reps

Plank, 2 sets of 20 seconds each

10 minutes of cardio - Skipped this time

Post Workout Stretches

10 titanic stretches

10 back stretches

5 ballet stretches per side

It feels awesome knowing you've worked out and MOVED!

Adventurer

Level 1

It's been several long months since I've written on this Daily Battle Log, but I've decided that I need to make some BIG changes in my life in the next several months and the catalyst for all those changes will start with sweating daily.

There's nothing better than that exhilarating feeling post-workout, when you're breathing heavy, your muscle ache, your throat craves several ounces of cold water but you feel ALIVE. It's just AWESOME SAUCE.

I MISS that feeling. I also realized I'm in better spirits on the days I work out, I feel less stressed out and I usually sleep quite well. In addition, everyday I work out, I feel like a SUPER HERO that can conquer the world and take on all the challenges in my life.

That's more than enough reasons for a daily workout, don't you think?

Adventurer

Level 1