Again on target with calories, a contact point, and nothing else yesterday. I'd be disappointed in myself, but yesterday was really hard; some underlying issues in my relationship came up, motivated only partially by the current situation with my dad and my job, and fixing those was more important to me than anything else. I'm going to repeat week 4, level 2 of the pushups (they were REALLY hard for me!) and move on to week 6, level 1 of the situps. 

Also just got my first outright rejection (as opposed to just hearing nothing). :/ Form e-mail too. Blergh.

As of yesterday (end of week 2): Calories 11/30, contact 6/30 (3 NYC / 2 TPA / 2 MLB), meditation 47/250. Wow, everything but the calorie counting is really behind, that's embarrassing. 

On target with calories, a NY contact point, pushups, and situps today, though! 

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

On target once again with calories and contacting (again in NY), and 15 minutes of meditation.

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

Still on target with calories both days as well as pushups and situps yesterday. No "real" contact point yesterday (though a part-time opportunity came up), but one today (yet again in New York). Ten minutes of meditation both yesterday and today.

Also, I've been progressing on the minichallenge! It's definitely hard but cool to see me improving each day. 

Goodness, has it really been nearly a week since I last posted here? I'm slacking!

Have continued to be on target with pushups/situps (now on Week 5 Level 1 with the pushups, Week 6 Level 2 with the situps) and calories. Got three more New York contact points (ugh it's so lopsided) and another half hour of meditation too.

Oh, and my dad's coming home today! He has a walker and the wheelchair will fit here on the first floor of the house. :D

Way to keep going despite all that is going on. Hope your Dad is recovering well. The 100 pushups and situps seems crazy to me, but hey I'm trying to get in 100 squats a day, lol. But we set goals and as long as we keep working towards them and improving we are doing good.

archer8 

level 2 Satyr adventurer

Challenge 1, 2STR:8 DEX:4 STA:6.25 CON:4.75 WIS:6 CHA:1

Possessions: Babel Fish,Cloak of Invisibility, Belt of Endurance, carrot nunchucks, fire flower powerup

Welcome to both of you, and thanks for the warm wishes about my dad. It's not easy (it never is) but we get through it together!

I admit, I'm not perfect and I've been slacking; haven't applied to another job or meditated since my last post. Honestly, the meditation goal isn't really going that well; I have to force myself through it, even two weeks into the challenge, and I don't know if I'm really seeing the benefits. I feel more relaxed after playing video games or doing something more interactive/tactile. But I'll keep giving it a shot this time and we'll see how it goes. 

That interview is coming up on Saturday! So nervous yet so excited, guys. 

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!

My mom says her prayer/meditation time is sometimes "like eating gravel" (difficult and unpleasant), but developing the discipline is worth it.  She highly recommends what she calls "soaking music" for facilitating deeper meditation.  Maybe that would help you?

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines