CB3; Back and Ready for another Challenge

CB3

Ok, So I am back to try again on the second challenge. My first challenge was great and then the bottom fell out about half way through and I just kind of stopped, so here I am again.  

I will not be defeated, not even by myself!!

Goal 1 Continue eating paleo 6 out of 7 days per week. Since I am already doing this 4 days per week, I thought I'd up the number of days and reduce the number of "cheats".  Consistently, no more than 1 "cheat" per day, that means 1 full serving of refined white anything.  (STA 2 WIS 2)

Average 6 days per week : A

4-5 days per week: B

2-3 days per week: C

1-2 days per week: D

0 days per week: F

Goal 2 Exercise an average of 3 days per week. I did this one the last time, though I think I was aiming a bit high as I couldn't quite manage 5 per week and then I ended up just dropping in to 2x per week, so this will up the goal a bit.  At least two 40 minute weight workouts and at least one 30+ minute Body weight workout or the equivalent cardio.  (STA 1 DEX 1 STR 3)

Average 3 + days per week : A

3 days per week: B

1 days per week: D

Goal 3 Write 10 minutes per day on my story and Post 3 days per week on NF to keep myself on track. Not to mention check in on others as giving others encouragement encourages me. (WIS 1 CON 1)

Average 10 mins/day and 3 days per week : A

8-10 mins/ day and 3 days per week: B

5-7 mins/day and 3 days per week: C

2-4 mins/day and 2 days per week: D

0-1 mins/day and 2 days per week: F

Goal 4 Do one thing everyday towards my own business. One small step of any kind; at least 10 minutes 6 times per week.  It can include writing down ideas, working on pricing spreadsheets, making anything, brainstorming on a name, working on labels, blog, etc.  (WIS 2  CHA 2)

Average 6 days per week : A

4-5 days per week: B

1-2 days per week: D

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

The strength to complete so many things on a 6 day per week, is really strong. Your goals are realistic and manageable, and you are still requiring yourself to to be stronger. I fell in to the 5x a week trap, for myself, last challenge. I hope you are able to keep your challenge fun. Thanks for inspiring me and helping reflect also.

Human,  Level 2 Adventurer| STR 5.0 || DEX 4.5 || STA 3.0 || CON 2.0 || WIS 3.75 || CHA 2.5 |  

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

Thank you, Gus! 

I did not see that I had done that.  To me, its like I need to change little things I do everyday to really see my own improvement, even if its just 20 minutes of writing. I can be such a creature of habit that if I give myself too much time off then I have a tendency to let them fall away. 

I'm glad I could inspire you!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

Your goals are graceful to yourself, that should allow you not to beat yourself like many people do when they don't achieve 100% that whole self-sabotage thing creeps it's head in on me.

What is your story about? My writing has grown pathetic and I have not written anything creative or non-fictional in a bit. My blog is not a whole of fun to read as it is about the search for identity. Still looking as it were.

How are your workouts with the weights going? How did it go last time through on the challenge?

Human,  Level 2 Adventurer| STR 5.0 || DEX 4.5 || STA 3.0 || CON 2.0 || WIS 3.75 || CHA 2.5 |  

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

Gus, I have had many times that the self sabotage monster has reared its ugly head and I have found that I just have to refocus and keep plugging toward my goal. Though I did ask myself why I do that. What does sabotaging myself keep me safe (in my own mind) from? The answer is usually enlightening and helps me let go of the crap that is keeping me from moving forward.

There is a quote about fear being too dense to see through but actually have the strength of tissue paper but it takes pushing through it to find out. And it is very true.

My story is about a young woman, late teens, who gets mixed up with an older boy who is "trouble" is abusive and gets her pregnant. She finally leaves him and creates a whole new life. After 15 years or so he shows back up and wants the son. He winds up dead and of course she is the prime suspect.   

That's it in a nut shell, though I am continually revamping the story itself, that is the barebones story line.

I would never call any writing pathetic. If you believe that is what it is then that is what you will create. It's never pathetic. It's usually a "work in progress." You seem pretty negative about your blog as well, why? The search for identity can be very interesting and even fun at times. It all depends on your perspective. Stay positive, Keep looking and ideas will come. Can I read your blog, Gus? You peaked my interest.

Update so far this week:

Weight workouts are at 0 for 0 this week. I did the BWW on Monday and my back has been bugging me so I have put off my Tuesday heavy weight workout. Today looks like a good day for it though and then I will do another one this weekend. I try not to go too long without a good weight workout because I miss it and it helps massively with stress.

I did totally cheat on my diet last night so we will see if I can behave at my sisters B-day party this weekend, otherwise I will make it up a different day. 

Writing has been pushed aside so far this week but I have another 4 days to get caught up on writing time and posting here is 2 for 3 so far.

I did work on my spreadsheets for my business yesterday for like 90 minutes so I have achieved that goal for the week. Yay! me!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

I think some people fear the success that is around the bend for us, we fear the people we will become and what growth waits for us then. I could view growth and the fear of that growth as a person's understanding that this mean there are multitudes of growth areas in seas of an uncharted territory that they have let to grow within. How that person navigates through those waters is scary and there are killer whales, as well as some islands we could own if we just stopped our ship for a moment to walk around on that fertile land.

Your story sounds like their could be a lot of detail to work with and to use. That could be fun, and a lot of hard work, are you using an outline?

I was in a pretty negative place last night, sorry about that here is the link to my blog. Here There is a ton of my faith in there, so... I'll let you read. There is some photos here and there too.

I am in the same boat as far as the diet, for the most part, The issue: free-Dominoes Pizza at work. Two small pieces. You have been very smart and given yourself enough room for not beating yourself up about it. Jump on tomorrow and go for it, just try to get any workout you can so you won't start with an I'll wait until this Monday or something. Anything will help a good bit.

Great job on the spreadsheets. Excel rocks, is that what you're using?

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

Gus - Yes I am using an outline for all of my stories and I fill them in and elaborate on them as soon as I have ideas. It has been quite interesting working on such a lengthy project(s). Your blog is interesting, I read quite a bit of it the other day. I do like your writing (it was as positive as I was hoping it would be and am glad you have found purpose in this world. It can be very hard when you are lost in your own head. Keep typing away!

As for the diet thing, I tend to bring my own lunch so that is rarely an issue, not to mention I have that worked in when I do have pizza or rice or whatever. I have decided I can't outrun my fork, now do I want to. I love to eat and skimping or depriving myself just leads to binges. We all have to accept we are human and humans love food (most of them anyway) we need to accomodate for that fact. Telling ourselves we "can't" have that just leads to failure. I like to use the word "choose" then its more like a choice and less like a deprivation. 

And not beating yourself goes for everything in life, not just a diet. The days go on and we all have done/said/thought/eaten things we wish we wouldn't have but you have to let it go and move on or you'll always be stuck in the past and never move forward.

That is my philosophy about it all anyway.

Update Time:

Goal 1: Last weeks Paleo eating was a 5 out of 7 days.

And this week is 3 for 3

Goal 2: Last week I only did 2 days of working out. This week we are at 1 so I will have to buck up and get it done.

I think I am having a hard time getting into the groove after my back pain took me out and I am feeling it right down to the way my pants fit!  *snickering*  :playful:

Goal 3: I have been writing 10 minutes a day last week and this week so there is progress. I have been posting on NF but not on my own post. Now I am not sure it counts or not.  :jaded:

Goal 4: Last week I did like 120 minutes of working on my Excell spreadsheets and a few other design things. Since my goal was 60 I think that is a success!! Yay! Though this week is getting away from so I suppose I had better get on it!!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

I like your goals, they seem very reasonable.  Small step-ups from what you're doing now, great idea.  Your story sounds interesting - I love a good murder mystery.   I also wanted to thank you for coming over to my thread and offering encouragement.  So, thanks!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Hey CB3- I have been away, and apologize for cutting out like that. Thanks for the kind words.

I have given up on this challenge. However, I also have been eating Paleo five days a week making progress. Your progress seems to mirror mine, maybe there is a massage school near you that you can get an inexpensive massage and help yourself with hat back pain.

This week is still going, maybe another quick workout, I was doing Core workouts around the home, you may be able to find them to be fun. Good job on your Excel and your Story.

Don Quixote

LovingKindness

Thank you all for all your encouragement!  I so appreciate it.

Thanks Laney, I think it should count too.!

I haven't given up and am back to working out since my back pain has gone on hiatus for the time being. 

I have gotten caught up on my writing goal and my workout goal for last week and have done my monday morning workout this week. Though the time change was a killer getting up early, I figured it wasn't anything a workout and a cold shower would not fix. 

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

OK, so this week and last haven't been as bad as I thought! Other than the posting to here regularly. :(

I have been writing everyday and have finished my spread sheets and design ideas for my business. I am back to exercising regularly but have a bit of a cold. Fighting through it though!

So goal 1 is a B (I love comfort food when I am sick!)

Goal 2 B ( I got 3 days but nothing over it)

Goal 3 B (I have written an average of 20 minutes per day but not posting as much so I think one gives me credit for not having the other)

Goal 4 A Kicking butt here!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

I am so interested in your goal #4 - I think it is just wonderful that you are working toward your own business. My hubby and I are self-employed and I am so thankful that at some point we started "working on a business" just like you are doing. If we had never started, we wouldn't be doing it today. We would probably make more $$$ at an office job or as someone's employee, but we would lose our freedom.  

We do landscape design and maintenance and also sell veggies that we grow through a CSA. What kind of business are you working on?

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

Well, thank you both for all the encouragment!!

And I just dropped of the face of the neither world on all of you. 

I got an ugly head cold the beginning of last week which moved into a chest cold this week. Needless to say, I haven't been working out much, though my eating paleo is easier than ever...I have no appetite, so that makes it easy! :loyal:

I have been writing just not posting here. Being all zoned out doesn't make it easy to string a decent sentence together. Though I have been writing some interesting stuff otherwise! I can tell exactly where I became really tired when I was writing!  :highly_amused:

Gem, I am working selling my soaps and lotions. I love them and find that I already have quite the following already!! It's awesome! I also have some writing projects in the works, time will tell on those. I'll just keep plugging away at those.

I will return tomorrow with a goal update and give out grades for last week and then this one so far. :hopelessness:  Scary, I'm afraid to look!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

Oh - sorry to hear that you are feeling bad! Hope it gets better soon - so frustrating not to be at our best when we signed up for something called a "challenge," isn't it LOL?  You can build some good habits, though, by getting back on plan as soon as you are feeling better, and sticking with aspects of your plan that can be done, and it sounds like you are doing that. Good job!

LOVE LOVE LOVE homemade soaps and lotions! One thing that I wish I knew how to do is MAKE SOAP! lol. I am devoted to a local goat milk soap that I have been using for years - I can't stand the feeling of washing with store brands of soap anymore. I even use tooth soap from this soapmaker, I make a lot of stuff like laundry powder - and recently I made homemade deodorant with coconut oil, beeswax and baking soda - I really like that and love the feeling of not having the store stuff on.  As summer comes, I guess I will see how it works and if I start to smell a little ripe ;) So far, so good, I scent it with jasmine oil.

do you have an etsy store or a fb page for your product? share!

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

Ugh, sounds like you had the same ick I did the last couple weeks.  It's a small setback and part of life to deal with.  Good that you're keeping up with your writing..  You'll feel better soon and can get back to the physical stuff.

Homemade soaps and lotions - lovely. 

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

OK, so I am finally over the ick. though I am still coughing I do feel rather good!

AND I noticed I fell off the NF planet again, not intentionally, mind you. I am just so busy and am moving along with everything else that is going on!

Gem, sadly I do not as of yet have a FB page or an etsy store but I will. After the move I will be "gettin' on it" and I will share as soon as I get that far. It is a work in progress.

I have not used store bought soap or lotion in over 10 years. Though I have not tired to make deodorant. I'll have to look into that! Thanks for the idea!

I make as much as I can muster the ideas for (including hair frizz oil) though i am still perfecting shampoo, so we will see.

ok, so grades so far:

Goal 1 : Paleo is not a problem so A

Goal 2: I'll give myself a B (I did find the time to walk)

Goal 3: I am writing at least 20 +minutes a day but no NF posts (you would have thought that would have been the easy part) "DUH!" so I guess I'll give myself a C

Goal 4: this week is a B though last week was a C (so sad) so atleast this week has improved:D

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

Not sure if that was the recap of the last two weeks, or end of challenge?  Either way, you did a wonderful job, what with having the ick!  I'm glad you are feeling better.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines