Nuts 2 the Gym

Hey team!

Anyone up for a team goal? Last time my squad tried to never let anyone's thread get to the last page and try to keep our post at the top of the list. It really helped to keep people accountable and motivated. Not posting for the sake of posting, but making sure everyone is still there and still working toward goals.

Nice to see you again CapN :)

A team goal sounds like a good idea...can't think of anything specific right now, but a good idea is a good idea. I like the accountability and motivation ideas though, lwow.

I think your guess is correct, CapN. It's at least correct for me - I prefer doing bodyweight workouts at home. Gym? We don't need no stinking gym!

hm, maybe I am here to uh...improve the workout diversity of the group? This time of year I am weaning off of the gym somewhat (can't wait for daylight savings) my workout plan is:

Sunday- 3v3 basketball

Monday-run or gym or off

Tues-run or gym or off

Wednesday-High intensity class at gym

Thursday-run or gym or off

Friday-Kickboxing class at gym

Saturday-run or gym or off

Of the days that are run/gym/off only one of them gets to be an off day. Because I am trying to prepare for a month of 5K race each week in April, I am trying to increase my cardio and get some miles down outside and gonna cut back on weights this month, so while a lot of my workouts happen at the gym, they don't have to. It is just warmer there and they have classes that downright kick my butt.

(In theory the name is because every one of you has goals that are activity related, not just "get stronger, run faster, gym 3 times a week". You guys actually do the stuff you want to do!)

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Busy weekend ahead, I'm going to be a little challenged to find time to workout if I don't do it first thing in the morning, and as always there are more ways for me to mess up on eating (and drinking) on the weekends. How is everyone else doing?

You will be joined by Tiny Oak, who dreams of highland games and throwing things with deadly force and accuracy. Awesome. We needed more long range in the Rebellion.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Hello, hello!!

Thanks for having me!

lwow, I find that the weekends tend to be tougher for me too. So much sugary yumness and beer. Have you done the workout first thing routine yet? How's it going? Me, I have to write first thing or it never gets done. I'm pretty motivated to play in the afternoons.

Also, everyone don't let Daylight Savings mess you up!!

..:: Tiny Oak .:. Level 2 Wood Elf Druid ::..

..:: STR: TBD | DEX: TBD  | STA: TBD | CON: TBD | WIS: TBD | CHA: TBD ::..

..:: Current Challenge .:. Challenge the First ::..

Goal 1: Dance and Be Merry!

0%
0%

Goal 2: Write It Down!

0%
0%

Goal 3: Hoard my Riches!

100%
100%

Goal 4: Clean It Up!

0%
0%

I finally got my contact lenses on friday (I think it took me five or six appointments before they let me take them home, but I finally got there), and have been practising ever since. It's still taking me half an hour to get them in and out, but I'll get there. Hoping to try swimming tomorrow, but the amount I am aching today after doing Steve's Angry Birds workout yesterday makes me think I might be too sore. We'll see.

So yes, worked out yesterday for the first time in ages and am really feeling it today. Which is good, I'd missed the feeling. But, ow. I am Level 2 at squats, back and plank, and Level one on push ups.

Good job on the not smoking CapN, very inspiring. I have cut down, but haven't managed to quit yet.

Not much progress to report for me, but I expected as much with the first week of this challenge. I managed to not suck, but I had about zero time to actually work on goals with any serious gusto. I'm super excited that it seems like spring is finally almost here - which means another 3-4 weeks until spring is actually here. Still, every day without snow is a good day in my book.

I finally got my contact lenses on friday (I think it took me five or six appointments before they let me take them home, but I finally got there), and have been practising ever since.

As someone who used to not be able to do eye drops because I would duck out of the way just as I would squeeze, I can attest to the fact that you will get used to jabbing your finger in your eye. I wear glasses on weekdays, but contacts on weekends and my more vigorous workouts like basketball. They are great. I have actually found it easier to use my middle finger instead of my pointer to get the contact in and I try to look past the contact if that makes sense. Good luck with them :)

Oh yeah, as for my progress...awesome eating I need to get on a scale or get out my tape measure, I am sure that I have lost weight based on my clothes.

However, I need to get working out more. I did awesome workouts the week before this challenge, but in the last week I got sick and then hungover (I realize that is my fault entirely) and then a bad dentist appointment that had me in a lot of pain. There is some validity to some of the excuses, but I could have probably found a way to be more active. I have been walking a lot though I guess.

Being sick brought be to the doctors office where I had my blood pressure taken and it was 117/64 which is pretty awesome. So even though I am still pretty ogre-y I am measurably more healthy. I am supposed to get an appointment for blood work to check cholesterol and whatnot as well (not related to being sick, my doc just likes to keep an eye on that for everyone). I am pretty interested in the outcome of that because my cholesterol has always been really low for the bad and really high for the good, but I am eating a lot more meat and eggs than I used to and I wonder how that will effect it.

For life goals, I think I have found a new apartment, I am putting in an application today. Also I have read 25 pages in my really dry book on the electric system, and I found a more readable book about the history of electricity which is a lot easier to get through. So things going well there.

So that is my rambling entry for today, hope everyone else is doing well :)

Progress, schmogress. This past week was not as successful as I had hoped.

See my update here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?2571-Tiny-Oak-s-March-Challenge!!&p=27939&viewfull=1#post27939

..:: Tiny Oak .:. Level 2 Wood Elf Druid ::..

..:: STR: TBD | DEX: TBD  | STA: TBD | CON: TBD | WIS: TBD | CHA: TBD ::..

..:: Current Challenge .:. Challenge the First ::..

Goal 1: Dance and Be Merry!

0%
0%

Goal 2: Write It Down!

0%
0%

Goal 3: Hoard my Riches!

100%
100%

Goal 4: Clean It Up!

0%
0%

This past week was pretty good for me. I made some decent progress with strength training and jump roping, so no complaints there. I've been obsessing over gardening and yardwork - which is generally a good thing for me - perhaps a little too much, to the detriment of my blogging plans. Still, it feels good to be outside and getting stuff done so I'm not complaining. Onward and upward!

Team Nuts, who's still here kickin' butts?

taking some short cuts

but sticking with this challenge till it shuts

But seriously...doing awesome at life challenge. I signed my apartment lease yesterday and have a really really big job interview on Friday that could be a big career changer for me. The eating is keeping on track, but the workout effort is lame. Running my first 5k of the year on Friday evening, so I guess it will be do or die. I don't think there is much time for cardio before then.

I've been chugging along pretty regularly, which is surprising for me...usually I have at least 1 terrible week during a challenge. So far, though, the only negatives I see are not getting in as much strength training as I wanted - but the workouts I've done have been good ones! - and the diet is still wishy-washy, but definitely better than previous months. Life goals have gone really well thus far, which I love!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines