doubleornothing says "let's try that again"

DoubleOrNothing

Very similar goals to my last challenge, but not all the same.

Goal 1: 1 serving of vegetables daily (STA + 1, CON +2)

Started this last challenge, but think I still need to work on this some more before it becomes a habit

Goal 2: Drink 2 bottles of water daily (WIS + 1, STA + 2, CON +1)

I notice a distinct difference in how I feel and think when I drink more water. I have a habit of 1 bottle daily, so I'm hoping to just build an extra bottle onto this habit. (one bottle is approx 16 oz)

Goal 3: Meditate for 10 minutes daily (CHA + 3)

Did this last challenge, but I want to dedicate more time to this. 

Goal 4: Yoga for 5 minutes daily (STR + 2, DEX +3)

Here's the deal. Last challenge, I challenged myself to 30 minutes daily. I stopped doing it midway through the challenge because even that seemed like too much sometimes. I highly doubt I'll only be doing 5 minutes of yoga a day, but if I start with an expectation of 5, it seems less threatening, ya know? Tricking my brain and all that ;)

One of my biggest issues for last challenge was properly keeping track of everything. This time, I'm going to be using habitmix.com as my daily tracker. That way I'll be easily able to tell whether I met my goals or not.

~Lvl 3~

~STR 3~DEX 2~STA 4~CON 7~WIS 7~CHA 5~

Cool!

Just to get it right: You are talking 16 US fluid ounces? That's not enough. It might be if you drink enough tea, but Europeans need 1.5l that's about 50 oz for women. Have you tried 3 bottles?

I would dry to sand with that. I'm working on getting to 80-100 ounces so nearly 3liters...

Welcome back and good luck with the druids!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

i have been experimenting w/drinking increasing amounts of water every morning when I first get up.  i'm up to 8oz - before i hit the coffee pot.  if you wanted to increase your water intake - that is a pretty good way to start the day off on the right track.  

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Cool!

Just to get it right: You are talking 16 US fluid ounces? That's not enough. It might be if you drink enough tea, but Europeans need 1.5l that's about 50 oz for women. Have you tried 3 bottles?

I would dry to sand with that. I'm working on getting to 80-100 ounces so nearly 3liters...

Welcome back and good luck with the druids!

I realize that, however this is just one step in the right direction for me. It used to be a struggle for me to drink even 1 bottle of water a day, and 2 is pushing my limits of where I'm at now. One step at a time :)

~Lvl 3~

Simple and sweet. I think 5 min yoga a day is an excellent idea, anything more than that is a bonus!

Do you have a spot for the mat, etc? I can use some ideas - this is the routine I am aiming at creating now as well  :moon:

Anywhere there's a clear patch of ground in my room is where my yoga mat goes. I used to have it next to my bed, but I kept smacking into it with my arms, so now I'm more in the middle of the room :) Best of luck with your yoga practice!

~Lvl 3~

Anywhere there's a clear patch of ground in my room is where my yoga mat goes. I used to have it next to my bed, but I kept smacking into it with my arms, so now I'm more in the middle of the room :) Best of luck with your yoga practice!

I have that yoga problem too - keep smacking into things! I'm doing one yoga stretch a day to focus on - I tried 30mins too but that's waaaay too much to start with. :)

I'm doing water too. :)

good luck with your goals!

Lvl 5 Mermaid Hobbit Assassin

STR 7.5 / DEX 8 / STA 6.5  / CON 14 / WIS 12 / CHA 10

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Current Challenge

Sorry guys! I swear I haven't disappeared on you! I had to send my computer to get fixed (shattered screen makes it difficult to work...), and I've recently also found a job! Between the interview and "job shadow" days, it'll be 9 days in a row that I'm there before I get a day off on Wednesday. You would think that would mean my goals have fallen by the wayside, but I'm happy to report I'm doing better than I thought I would! I've only missed a couple of days with the yoga, and one day of veggies. Not bad, eh? Starting to feel excited about things. And... I also got my official college acceptance letter! Whee! Boy, maybe for the next challenge I should put sleep as one of my goals, once all this gets going at the same time, lol.

Maris Stella - I really like habitmix. It's easy to use, and easy to see how well I'm doing. I use the free version, which restricts you to only 5 habits at once, but I almost like that better, as trying to start too many at once gets rather difficult.

~Lvl 3~

congrats! looks like you have big changes in the making - glad to see you are staying on track!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Thanks guys! I'm definitely excited. Hopefully moving out of my parents house is following as quickly as all these other changes have come ><

Ah, one step at a time I suppose! I'm feeling pretty good about how I'm doing so far on my goals, though I'm definitely getting ideas for the next challenge already!

~Lvl 3~

Wow! Its all happening for you! Congratulations on the job and college acceptance letter. Awesome that you are keeping up with your goals... 

lol, I too am already planning the next challenge. :)

Looking forward to an update!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines