The Beginning of Njarf's Journey

Njarf

Hi everyone

I posted here a few weeks ago, and I saw that the challenges are starting again, so I thought I would join in this one.

1. Exercise plan

I have the Nerd Fitness guides. I am going to follow the weekly plan laid out in the running guide. I am starting at level 1. I'm going to be walking/running barefoot. I'm also going to do the body weight brigade level 1 for the gym workout days. I want to work up to being a runner, but I have to start slow. I'm going to grade myself on a percentage on daily basis on how well I think I exercised, and with a letter grade at the end of the challenge. 

+2 STR +1 DEX +2 STA

2. Diet plan

I have been doing the Paleo diet for a few months and it has worked, but a week ago I relapsed pretty hard. I need to stick to it now, as I still have weight to lose. I'm going to use Cron-o-meter to track what I'm eating. I'm not going to eat after 6 pm either, to do a bit of the intermittent fasting. I am going to allow myself to have a cheat day every week. It'll probably be on the days when I play D&D, as no game is right withought chips and Mountain Dew. I am going to do the same thing and grade myself on a daily and overall basis.

+2 STA +3 CON

3. Sleep plan

I have trouble with staying up late. I am going to go to sleep earlier, let's say at 10 pm. I'm going to try to sleep for at least 8 hours a day. I am also going get up earlier as a result. This will help out my schedule so I can exercise before I do anything. I'm also going to keep a dream journal. I'm going to grade myself similarly to the other plans based on when I go to sleep, and when I wake up. 

+2 CON +1 WIS

4. Family plan

I haven't been spending enough time with my dad recently. He's as much a friend to me as a father, so I'm going to spend more time with him. I'm going to try to spend two days a week hanging out with him. I'm going to grade myself on a weekly basis based on how much time I spent with him.

+1 WIS +1 CHA

Stats:

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 247.7 lbs

Waist circumference: 40"

Chest circumference: 43"

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

Welcome to the rebellion.  Those are good goals, have you thought about doing the mini-challenge for week one to get more specific and make a plan for completing them?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi everyone

I posted here a few weeks ago, and I saw that the challenges are starting again, so I thought I would join in this one.

1. Exercise plan

I have the Nerd Fitness guides. I am going to follow the weekly plan laid out in the running guide. I am starting at level 1. I'm going to be walking/running barefoot. I'm also going to do the body weight brigade level 1 for the gym workout days. I want to work up to being a runner, but I have to start slow. I'm going to grade myself on a percentage on daily basis on how well I think I exercised, and with a letter grade at the end of the challenge. 

+2 STR +1 DEX +2 STA

2. Diet plan

I have been doing the Paleo diet for a few months and it has worked, but a week ago I relapsed pretty hard. I need to stick to it now, as I still have weight to lose. I'm going to use Cron-o-meter to track what I'm eating. I'm not going to eat after 6 pm either, to do a bit of the intermittent fasting. I am going to allow myself to have a cheat day every week. It'll probably be on the days when I play D&D, as no game is right withought chips and Mountain Dew. I am going to do the same thing and grade myself on a daily and overall basis.

+2 STA +3 CON

Great idea allowing yourself a day "off"! So many people jump in too fast and end up not sticking to a plan because of deprivation. That happened to me and paleo as well.

3. Sleep plan

I have trouble with staying up late. I am going to go to sleep earlier, let's say at 10 pm. I'm going to try to sleep for at least 8 hours a day. I am also going get up earlier as a result. This will help out my schedule so I can exercise before I do anything. I'm also going to keep a dream journal. I'm going to grade myself similarly to the other plans based on when I go to sleep, and when I wake up. 

+2 CON +1 WIS

I have this same problem but I will probably address it with the next challenge. Since my schedule depends on my family, it is difficult to have a regular bedtime. When I was single and in college I used to set an alarm for 9:00 PM and be in bed by 9:30. I would not adjust your bedtime by more than :30 minutes at a time per week. If you normally go to bed at midnight, try 11:30 for the first week, 11:00 for week two...etc. Your body will have a much easier time adjusting.

4. Family plan

I haven't been spending enough time with my dad recently. He's as much a friend to me as a father, so I'm going to spend more time with him. I'm going to try to spend two days a week hanging out with him. I'm going to grade myself on a weekly basis based on how much time I spent with him.

Teach him how to play D&D and invite him along? Have a few activities in mind for you both to do. Something that gets you both out and active is a bonus!

+1 WIS +1 CHA

Stats:

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 247.7 lbs

Waist circumference: 40"

Chest circumference: 43"

Good luck on your challenge!

Adventurer

Level 1: STR 3/DEX 2/STA 3/CON 2/WIS 4/CHA 2

"Stop it! We can't giggle at a crime scene." -John Watson

Challenge #1

Important Information