• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Katinka

Central PA Nerds?

I'm new to the region. If you guys suggest some areas that are reasonable drives for you I can look up some hikes.

There is lots of good hikes off the APT. My favorite hike (thus far) is near the Lehigh Valley. The Susquhana (sp?) has nice bluffs.

Ideas from my Best Day Hikes Near Philly book that I think are in your region-ish?

Kelly's Run - Pinnacale Nature Area

Mason-Dixon Trail Holt Preserve

Neversink Mountain Preserve

Nolde Forest Environmental Education Center

If anyone is still looking for a meet-up in Central PA, I'm in Elizabethtown, PA.  Anyone run/hike?  Any of the rails to trails are awesome.  I run about a 10:45/mi pace if anyone is up for it...

I'm about a 10:00 mile, but would be up for a running or hiking meetup. Maybe we could plan something along the Conewego trail? I recently met a few other people who were either already on this site or thinking about joining, we could get a group together. Would weekday evenings or a weekend work better for those interested?

I second hiking too, also does anyone else like bike riding or have a bike? there are some nice bike trails around this area.

I'm up for both biking and hiking on the Conewago, but I'm new to the forum.  Is there an easy way to set something up for a group?

Really old thread I know, but I just signed up yesterday and saw Central PA. I'm in Southern York, and maybe once this bone-chiller of a winter passes I would consider throwing my name out there if a group gets together, I'd even drag my girlfriend along.

-Tim

• Like 1

I'm in the Lewistown PA area and the Thousand Steps out in Mt. Union PA is a killer exercise-hike with an incredible view at the end. Just helping out with places! It is like an hour drive from Harrisburg though so not so close to all of you haha.

• Like 1

Heyo! I'll be moving to Carlisle for school in August! I won't be available very often (just weekends), but would love to meet up for hiking (or even just healthy food shopping trips!)

• Like 1