• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Katinka

Central PA Nerds?

Hi all, DC nerd here- but signing up for the Spartan Super in July near Allentown, PA, anyone have any interest? 

I have a livingsocial deal I can pass on if anyone is interested, I'm holding off for a few more hours to see if I can generate interest and choose the same time slot as someone else running it. 

• Like 1

Hey there! I'm not in good enough shape to run a super but I will be running the sprint! Is anyone else interested?

I'm hoping I'll be ok, I'm a little worried....but I think as long as some tall people take pity on my lack of height and offer me boosts I'll be ok. 

• Like 1

Hey there! I'm not in good enough shape to run a super but I will be running the sprint! Is anyone else interested?

Which sprint are you running? I'm running on the 18th.

• Like 1

Anyone doing the Hershey Color Run on the 30th/31st?  I'm also doing a superhero run the evening of the 29th in Jonestown PA.  I have the younglings with me so I'll be on the 1 mile fun run/walk not the 5k as I originally planned.

If anyone has the chance or interest I highly recommend the Hershey Color Run.  They had such a good turn out last year they added a second day for 2015.  I ran it while my wife and 4 year old walked it and everyone had a good time.

I'm in the Lebanon area, but I've a ways to go before I wanna try doing any sorts of runs. The color run sounds amazing though, I don't know why I haven't heard about it! There is a Zombie Run going on sometime in November I think that I want to go to. If I get to tired, I could just be a slow zombie  :playful:

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Thousand Steps really is such a great place to hike. It's where my inner Ninja comes out.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:29 PM, Thom Sparrow said:

I'm in the Harrisburg area if anyone needs a local accountability buddy.

I'm not entirely sure how that works.

(still learning the lingo around here)

but you're very welcome to follow my challenge thread.  I will do the same.

while I don't do yoga. I am trying to incorporate bodyweight trainings in my routine.  specifically with a YMCA class.  do you, Thom, hike?

there's good hiking throughout PA (ofc).  one of the guys at work goes down into your area to do a big trail running/hiking challenge most Septembers.  I was thinking about it.  supposedly it is very epic.  I'll post a link when I run into it again.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TGP said:

I'm not entirely sure how that works.

(still learning the lingo around here)

but you're very welcome to follow my challenge thread.  I will do the same.

while I don't do yoga. I am trying to incorporate bodyweight trainings in my routine.  specifically with a YMCA class.  do you, Thom, hike?

there's good hiking throughout PA (ofc).  one of the guys at work goes down into your area to do a big trail running/hiking challenge most Septembers.  I was thinking about it.  supposedly it is very epic.  I'll post a link when I run into it again.

I'll definitely be following your thread. I do hike, although not as much as I'd like. After reading your challenge, I was inspired to add an AT through hike to my epic quest list. I've wanted to do that forever, and don't want to wake up one day having missed a chance.

Definitely let me know when you see a trail challenge happening around here, I'd love to participate.

• Like 2

I am from Harrisburg if anyone is interested in hanging out. The main thing I need at this point is better just all around more positive people in my life. Although I am still recovering from a pretty badly broken leg hiking is and always has been one of my favorite activities, would love to hang out with people and go one a hike or just hang out.

• Like 1

still sticking around shadow?

Winter is hard on hiking.  you've got to be the determined sort of person to use the limited opportunities that happen.

as far as meetups go, though. 

harrisburg is perhaps 4 / 5 hours driving for me-each way.  Too far!

thus whats cool and frustrating at the same time; it brings people together that live a long ways away from each other... but only in avirtual way.

Welcome aboard.

"birthplace of Lebanon bologna".  good stuff!  (though maybe not the healthiest of foods).

• Like 1

Haha Thanks! And yeah, it tastes good but I know it's not great health wise. I'm curious is if there are healthy lunch meats out there or are they all too processed?

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Welcome aboard.

"birthplace of Lebanon bologna".  good stuff!  (though maybe not the healthiest of foods).

well...there are NF nerds that are surely in the know.

I'm been concentrating more on exercise (tbh).

just as important as what, IMHO, is Where.  you can find a lot of food at expensive prices; but are they as healthy as they claim to be (?)

this is a matter of finding brands you trust (I think).

10 hours ago, Gathrightknight said:

Haha Thanks! And yeah, it tastes good but I know it's not great health wise. I'm curious is if there are healthy lunch meats out there or are they all too processed?

Lebanon bologna isn't as bad as you'd think. It's 80 calories for 2 slices, which is a normal sandwich amount. ;) 

Turkey is pretty low calorie. I get 1/2 pound of Boar's Head turkey which is 240 calories which makes for large sandwiches. 

Being from central PA, I've also had sweet bologna. Although I prefer the Lebanon. 

• Like 1