Kibcy's "Getting back into the game" challenge

Siferiax

*drive by comment*

Stroopwafels! Those waffle biccies with caramel inside? Oh God, those things are like crack, aren't they? But sweeter. Stay well away from those things - it's the only way! I know what you mean about the job-as-an-excuse / making-plans-and-doing-nothing story - I had a day like that yesterday, in fact. Personally, I find it helpful not to describe this to myself as something life is forcing me to do but something I am choosing to do - "I am choosing to play red alert 2/ watch skyfall/ dress as a zebra and sing call me maybe.... to clear my mind", not "stupid job stresses me so much that I have to..." It might sound daft but that way I at least know I'm in control and could make a better choice the next day - I'm not just a helpless victim of life. And then one day, I decide not to play, and maybe the next day I do too. But that's just me - if it doesn't sound helpful, then sorry to have cluttered up your thread!

What job do you do, by the way?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

"stroop" is more like syrup than caramel I suppose. It's like syrup but thicker and hmmm maybe a different taste too.

Otherwise, yes those. And yes crack. I'm surprised they haven't been categorized as drugs yet :)

I think what you say makes sense. I make a very conscious choice to say screw life, I'm playing Mass Effect.

It's that I don't find joy and instead it's "too much effort". Sounds lame, but that's what I tell myself.

I've had a talk recently with my dad about cleaning specifically. (I've had a million with my mom, but my mom lives in a different universe, while my dad doesn't)

I asked him what his trick was. And he gave me some solid advice I still need to implement.

I crawl behind the computer to unwind from the day (it's very counter productive though) and just refocus my mind.

So my dad's advice was, instead of telling yourself you HAVE TO CLEAN, why don't you come home, make some tea, sit down and drink that, so that you're clam and then get started.

I think it's advice that will really work... just need to implement it.

Social things just stress me out a little too much to form the habit I guess.

My job revolves around spending as much time on the internet as humanly possible... application maintenance currently. That's what the client I work for calls it.

Officially speaking my job title is Business Intelligence Consultant. I just don't make much of a consultant, so I generally say Developer.

I develop programs, without coding. It's more the drag and drop kind of thing.

At my current client I don't have much to do. Due to cuts not many new projects get flung my way. Basically I sit around waiting for something to go wrong :D

Strangely enough, maybe because it's so unmotivating, I get home exhausted.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

DailyLog.PNG

Just so you know... this is actually the kind of data that I track :|

I TRACK EVERYTHING... just saying.

I also track things in different ways and places.

It's a crazy business, but really just 5 min a day or so to put in the sheet.

Spoiler

Beckia pumped her fist into the air. Reading all the encouraging messages on her terminal had given her new hope and new motivation. She was going to be the best Beckia there was. And she knew how! No more hiding and wasting her life away. It was time to step up to this game called life and take the controls with both hands.

First she was going to get the extra lessons the program was offering, she'd been putting it off even if it seemed like a really great thing to do. And she committed to following the lessons, because what good would they do if she just ignored them.

Second she had to work on her strength. She had been in great shape, but she has felt herself getting weaker. No more excuses, no more trying to take the easy way out. Consistency, determination, and hard work, that's what she needed. Push ups and pull ups, as much as she could handle of them.

Thirdly she can be super strong, but if she can't keep up with her squad that would be totally useless. Time to start running till she dropped.

And last, but certainly not least, she had to cut the crap. Dig into why she was eating the things she did and how to stop eating the junk snacks.

Beckia stood up and did a little dance around the room, she was ready.

Hey there writing spark. Thanks for coming by! Much appreciated.

Spoiler

Beckia pumped her fist into the air. Reading all the encouraging messages on her terminal had given her new hope and new motivation. She was going to be the best Beckia there was. And she knew how! No more hiding and wasting her life away. It was time to step up to this game called life and take the controls with both hands.

First she was going to get the extra lessons the program was offering, she'd been putting it off even if it seemed like a really great thing to do. And she committed to following the lessons, because what good would they do if she just ignored them.

Second she had to work on her strength. She had been in great shape, but she has felt herself getting weaker. No more excuses, no more trying to take the easy way out. Consistency, determination, and hard work, that's what she needed. Push ups and pull ups, as much as she could handle of them.

Thirdly she can be super strong, but if she can't keep up with her squad that would be totally useless. Time to start running till she dropped.

And last, but certainly not least, she had to cut the crap. Dig into why she was eating the things she did and how to stop eating the junk snacks.

Beckia stood up and did a little dance around the room, she was ready.

Hey there writing spark. Thanks for coming by! Much appreciated.

Woohoo! Bekia is going to be kicking and ass and taking names. Don't get on her naughty list or there will be hell to pay.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:
Intro, 123, 4567, 8 9 10 Current
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,

Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

My job revolves around spending as much time on the internet as humanly possible... application maintenance currently. That's what the client I work for calls it.

Officially speaking my job title is Business Intelligence Consultant. I just don't make much of a consultant, so I generally say Developer.

I develop programs, without coding. It's more the drag and drop kind of thing.

At my current client I don't have much to do. Due to cuts not many new projects get flung my way. Basically I sit around waiting for something to go wrong :D

Strangely enough, maybe because it's so unmotivating, I get home exhausted.

There is nothing strange at all about being exhausted by a job that doesn't provide you any real challenge. The first time I was diagnosed with major depression was because of a job that didn't challenge me at all. I used to play hundreds of games of freecell a day. It was depressing, disheartening, and enervating.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:

So they've hired a consultant even though they haven't got any work for you to do? What company is it? (because if I have any of their shares, I'm sellin' 'em!)

Def time to look for a new contract - you've got skills and they need to be flexed.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

BTW, this is a very nice typo:

make some tea, sit down and drink that, so that you're clam

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Woohoo! Bekia is going to be kicking and ass and taking names. Don't get on her naughty list or there will be hell to pay.

HAHA YES! Now I just need to do it. But I really enjoyed getting some of my writing spirit back :D

There is nothing strange at all about being exhausted by a job that doesn't provide you any real challenge. The first time I was diagnosed with major depression was because of a job that didn't challenge me at all. I used to play hundreds of games of freecell a day. It was depressing, disheartening, and enervating.

Indeed. Luckily I can hang out online during the work day :)

There's stuff I need/could do, but it's just not very interesting and nobody's demanding I do it.

So they've hired a consultant even though they haven't got any work for you to do? What company is it? (because if I have any of their shares, I'm sellin' 'em!)

Def time to look for a new contract - you've got skills and they need to be flexed.

No that's not true. I do maintenance as well. They need someone for when stuff goes wrong. I'm the only person with this function!

It's just that due to the economic climate there are cuts to be made and so would be projects are canceled.

My current client is the Dutch military/Ministry of Defense. They're in the process of having to cut 12.000 functions.

The situation is a lot more nuanced. I don't think it's in my company's best interest to have an unhappy client.

BTW, this is a very nice typo:

HAHA it is!

Spoiler

Day 9 - Mar 7th

GMB

Nope

Strenght

Nope

Endurance

Nope

Food

Breakfast: Cereal & yoghurt

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Bread with Camembert and smoked meat(??), milk

Snack: Mandarin, Apple

Dinner: Focaccia (some sort of bread dish...)

Snack: 3 "gevulde speculaas koeken" (google it, I don't feel like explaining)

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 0

(The day went a lot better! the 3 cookies make for unnecessary junk snacks, but I bought 4, that's a victory in and off itself!)

Mini-Challenge

Nope

~~

Despite the above looking the same, it was a distinctly different day yesterday.

After work I had to get some groceries. I managed to limit the impact of that to 4 cookies. I could've bought only 1, but I didn't realize that was an option until later. Though 1 would've been 50 cent, while 4 were 99 cent, still.

After getting home I put away the laundry I had gotten at my parents the day before. And after that took a shower, probably longer than needed, but it was very relaxing.

Then I made tea and settled behind my work laptop to get some stuff done that I needed to do.

Putting my dinner into the oven somewhere along the way as well.

Made another cup of tea, and went behind my laptop to write some Mass Effect RP. Then I played some Mass Effect 3: Citadel before going to bed.

It was lovely! Tonight I'll try to make it just as relaxed and easy going. Probably will be ironing while watching Bones or whatever.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OMG, that is so exciting. I really hope they help you.

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:

OMG, that is so exciting. I really hope they help you.

Me too! My state of eating is kind of depressing.

I will use this to learn. By slowly and in tiny amounts add in unfamiliar food or food I don't like.

Spoiler

Day 10 - Mar 8th

GMB

Nope

Strenght

Nope

Endurance

Nope

Food

Snack: Pear

Lunch: Bread with cream cheese and salmon, gingerbread, milk

Snack: Banana, Apple, "gevulde speculaas koek"

Dinner: Not sure of the English name and the internet isn't helping... so have a picture:

flespompoen.jpg

That with parsley and garlic in the oven. Yes I made a dinner :D

It was alright, till my body decided it had enough and that gagging would be more fun...

So I finished off with some yoghurt.

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 0

(DINNER!!)

Mini-Challenge

Nope

~~

Things are going better.

Managed to NOT buy bad snacks while grocery shopping yesterday! So next update will have that 1 ;)

Spoiler

Butternut squash. Big favourite chez 18ck

I'm so proud of you for trying something like butternut squash.  You are doing really well.  At this rate, you will be a crazy veggie lover like me in a year or two.  I really wish I could have eaten the rest of your squash.  It sounds delicious.  And you didn't buy snacks at the store, wow!

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:

Butternut squash. Big favourite chez 18ck

:) thanks

I'm so proud of you for trying something like butternut squash.  You are doing really well.  At this rate, you will be a crazy veggie lover like me in a year or two.  I really wish I could have eaten the rest of your squash.  It sounds delicious.  And you didn't buy snacks at the store, wow!

Thanks!!! I'll keep trying!! Baby steps work best I guess :)

Spoiler

Day 11 - Mar 9th

GMB

Nope (set a reminder)

Strenght

Nope

Endurance

Nope

Food

Snack: Yoghurt

Lunch: 4 slices of bread with jelly

Snack: Kiwi

Dinner: Meat with a side salad

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 1

(BAM! *proud*)

Mini-Challenge

Nope

~~

I did a lot of things yesterday, but for the most part behind my old pc trying to get my files organized (and failed).

Managed to get 2 external hard discs empty though :) Now I just need to get rid of this computer.

Then I'll have a laptop and 1 external hard disc. No need for more.

I also did laundry and cleaning :) HOPEFULLY I can get some of these goals done today, but yeah it's a slow long way to the top. I don't expect this to be all full and well again in just 6 weeks.

That said, I had a horrible nightmare last night and now running on too little sleep and yeah.

Weight wise I lost 0.3 kg during the day... that's interesting. Two bowel movements and not eating so much are probably the cause ;)

8-Mar-13: 81.6 / 82.3

9-Mar-13: 81.3 / 81.0

10-Mar-13: 80.5

We're good again. If I can keep below 81 consistently, I'll start working to get consistently below 80.

This'll require healthy eating and exercise though :)

Sorry, tracking weight is almost a hobby for me :tongue: all that data... all them graphs!

Spoiler

Hehe :) we should try our best to avoid the worst situations as much as possible!

Yah, just feeling too busy and that tends to have me try to escape the world and do nothing productive at all.

What do you do to "escape the world"? Is there anything that makes you feel distanced from the world but is still productive? Like me and cleaning? Nothing helps me calm down more than getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floor :)

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

What do you do to "escape the world"? Is there anything that makes you feel distanced from the world but is still productive? Like me and cleaning? Nothing helps me calm down more than getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floor :)

For me it's video games or watching series etc.

*shurg* I don't know...

Spoiler

Day 12 - Mar 10th

GMB

YES! It's been bought! Milythael and I are gonna work hard on it!

Next up is studying the material and make a plan :)

Strenght

Nope

Endurance

Nope

Food

Lunch: 4 slices of bread with jelly

Dinner: Meat with peas

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 2

Mini-Challenge

Nope

~~

Things are still looking up! I will keep doing the best I can :D I have... plans :)

Spoiler

Yay for plans! I'm looking forward your GMB PVP :)

Thanks. It's not really a PVP.

I made a thread in battle logs: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/25659-milythael-kibcy-conquer-gmb-f1/

Spoiler

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 2

My favorite Asari rocking the plates.

Yay for plans! I'm looking forward your GMB PVP :)

It is more of a Player with Player. There is no versus here. The only competition is to see who can keep the other one going longest. :D

Milythael Assassin
Challenges:

My favorite Asari rocking the plates.

It is more of a Player with Player. There is no versus here. The only competition is to see who can keep the other one going longest. :D

You just watch and I'll be rocking the boat :D

And thanks I'm trying. And forgot to mention the cup of coffee I had :o I don't actually drink coffee, it was more of a joke while I was at my parents. I'm not counting it against me, it wasn't unecessary and not junk (even if I drink it with coffee milk).

Yes. I will keep you going, but I get this feeling that you need to bug me more haha.

Spoiler

Day 13 - Mar 11th

GMB

YES! Material has been reviewed!

More here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/25659-milythael-kibcy-conquer-gmb-f1

Strenght

Nope

Endurance

Nope

Food

Snack: Pear

Lunch: Hamburger (bun and lettuce included), milk

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Salmon (I was caught up in GMB and didn't eat till like 8 pm)

Days without unnecessary junk snacks: 3

Mini-Challenge

Nope

Spoiler

Important Information