Sora's run into spring challange

Sora

Hello!

I am Sora, and this is not my first challenge. It's my fourth, actually.

But there is one thing that makes it different then all of my others.

As of today, I am no longer an adventurer.

My first two challenges were utter failures, and then I finally found success in my last challenge. I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that my time with the adventurers was over. I think by considering myself as something different then a beginner, I will start acting like one.

I run cross country, and will be running track this spring. I am not by any means a great runner. I am actually one of the worst. But I have slowly changed that since signing up for a cross country team, and it feels great. I have been running sinse September 2010, but more seriously sense this fall. Over the winter I have been more focused on strength (see my last challenge), but I want to get back in running shape for track. I hope this challenge goes well, and thank you for welcoming me into the scouts!

Goals:

Fitness/diet goals-

1)Run distance 3 times a week, and 5 times a week when track starts.

2)Bring my own lunch at least one day a week.

3)Lose 10 lbs. 

Life Goal-

4)Do at least one session of Rosetta Stone a day

How I will reach these goals:

1)Run distance 3 times a week, and 5 times a week when track starts (STA + 2 DEX +3)- I will run at least 2 miles a day until track season, and if there is bad weather, I will ride our stationary bike. When track season starts, I will be doing the planned workouts.

2)Bring my own lunch at least one day a week(CON +3)- I tried this one in my second challenge, and utterly failed (In other words, I didn't bring my own lunch once :tongue: ). This goal is really to help with my weight loss, and get me eating healthier. I will likely do this on Fridays, because that usually has the worst options for lunch.

3)Lose 10 lbs. (CHA + 1 STA +2)- My first two goals should result in this, but I will be putting forth any other necessary effort to help reach this goal. Last challenge I successfully reached my goal of 7 lbs. by week four, lost some more, then gained some and balanced at just over 7 lbs. I know I was capable of more, so this goal is to keep me working the whole 6 weeks.

4)Do at least one session of Rosetta stone a day(CON +1 WIS +3)- About a month ago I applied to be part of an exchange trip to Japan. I recently recieved notification that I was accepted. I am one of 20 people that were selected. Before I actually get to go, though, I have to attend an orientation weekend with the rest of the 20. Then 15 of us are selected to go, and the other 5 as alternates. I REALLY want to go on this trip, and improving my limited Japanese skills should help ensure that I will be one of the 15. 

For my last challenge I gave myself an incentive I never cashed in after I earned it. Still waiting to find just what I am looking for. But for this challenge, I will be giving a friend $30. I earn back $5 for every week I reach my goals or take steps toward them successfully. I really don't want to do this, But I can't afford to lose $30 bucks right now, so this should be very motivational.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, I will gladly listen!

So, here goes. I wish everyone the best of luck!

P.S. -I know I am starting kinda late, I apologize for this. I thought it started next week, not this week, and got a little behind. As soon as I realized it started Monday though, I started working towards my goals. Hopefully I will still have enough time to earn my $30 back...

Edit: Updated my life goal

Sora

Hylian Scout Lv.6, Hero of Rivertown
STR: 6 l DEX: 8 l STA: 9 l CON: 9 l WIS: 10 l CHA: 8

"You are what you repeatedly do" -Aristotle 

Most Recent:Challenge #7 "VII - Sora Returns"

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

Hi sora! Welcome to the scouts!!! We are stoked that you're here!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Great to know you have embraced your scout essence. It's not about being the fastest runner on the block, it's more about enjoying scouty workouts, over other activities.

Welcome! We are happy to have you with us! And awesome goals!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

I remember how horrible school lunches can be. Maybe pack yourself a health snack so you won't be tempted to eat the greasy food. It's easy to grab an apple in the morning and then not eat one of the sides that comes with your lunch. It will help with the weight loss goal. And maybe packing a snack Monday through Thursday will get you into a habit that packing a full lunch on Friday won't be as hard.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

So far its going pretty well. Yesterday night we went out to eat and I went over budget on my calories for the day. After that I got my workout in, and It was probably one of my best workouts ever. I think I found my star power mode last night. After the workout, I wasnt too far over, but still over. So far today has gone well though, and I am happy to say I kept my momentum.

Sora

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

Oh hello - I hadn't noticed this thread before! Welcome to Scouts - that last workout sounds pretty good - with the scoutiness and the star power I am sure you'll knock your goals for 6!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Nice job with the workout, I have to add as I just sat through a talk about it, making sure you have sugar in you before working out is important, the energy your muscles need comes from the glucose in your blood. Anyway, awesome job, hope you have many more great workouts.

"Civilize the Mind, but make Savage the Body."  

Things have been bunny recently. I'm am doing well getting all my workouts in and pretty good at Japanese, but eating has been my bane. That and time. Any advice?

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Hi Sora - I am visiting the scout clan ;) I am half-druid and half-scout, I think... I might be able to help with the lunches because I often pack my own lunch.

Anyway - the most obvious advice may really be helpful here - make up your lunches ahead of time.  Do you take leftovers? Pack them up in individual containers when you are putting dinner away. Just grab one in the morning. Make up some containers of lunch meat (turkey breast or ham) and cheese, grab a box of healthy crackers. That's lunch.  I have even done a container of dry cereal and a jar of milk as lunch. I always pack fruit  - plenty of fruit. I do a small container of dip and a baggie of veggies. I do a sweet potato sometimes. What about yogurt?

When do you do grocery shopping? I ask because a lot of people do that on the weekends - so by Friday you may be out of the yummiest stuff. Maybe you should try to take your lunch earlier in the week.

Here is another point to consider - when is your most productive time of day? Are you always struggling in the morning - if so, packing your lunch at night is a must! Are you a morning person? maybe you can put together a lunch while you eat breakfast. 

Are any of these suggestions helpful? Tell us a little more about what you have tried and what feels like it works and what feels like it doesn't. Maybe we can help you make a menu for the rest of the challenge:)

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

Hello again. So this challenge has been a complete flub for me. I have had so many unexpected things come up over the past few weeks, it’s amazing. I just feel like with all this unexpected road blocks I have had, I still haven’t left the starting line. I talked to the person holding my $30, and they agreed I didn’t have a fair chance. What we decided on was that I would resign from this challenge. I need to take some time to get back into the right place, and prepare for the next challenge so I can kick some serious butt next time. I still am running in track, and staying conscious about what I eat. I have maintained my weight through all of this, so I am proud of that much. I know I can do this. I did so well in my last challenge. And I WILL in my next challenge. I am going to do my best to stay where I am now for until the next challenge, and re-evaluate my goals. I want to make it clear that I am by no means giving up. I am simply taking a leave of absence to better prepare myself for the next challenge so that I don’t feel so rushed. I wish everyone else the best of luck, and hope that you all have a better shot at success than I did. Good luck, and never give up!

Sora

BF% loss progress  

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress

43%
43%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines