A Nerd's Home: How Do You Decorate?

I know this is straight up "I'm not going to even bother to disguise it" nerd, but I've made all these to decorate my house (I'm working on a few for my home gym as well):

keDUmHp.jpg

zk29nSD.jpg

ohmygodshutupandtakemymoney!

Do you have an etsy site/something similar?  I'd love something like this!  They look amazing!

You can't take the sky from me...
Level 4: Coyote Skin-Walker, Hunter, Ranger, Maker Of Dust
6'0" | white female | age: 25 | 42-35-42
CON: 7 | DEX: 8 | STR: 10 | STA: 8 | WIS: 10.5 | CHA: 7
Heaviest: 267.2 | Current: 206.1 | Final goal: 190

I do have a newly setup etsy, at the begging of my friends (actually set up today), but I think the terms of nerdfitness use is that I can't use the forums to promote a business (I don't want to get in trouble).  If you want to email me, I'm at jcgurney@yahoo.com (mods: please don't ban me, just delete this if it's me being a bad, bad person).

I do have a newly setup etsy, at the begging of my friends (actually set up today), but I think the terms of nerdfitness use is that I can't use the forums to promote a business (I don't want to get in trouble).  If you want to email me, I'm at jcgurney@yahoo.com (mods: please don't ban me, just delete this if it's me being a bad, bad person).

Go ahead and post it. That's more about posting threads specifically to promote. If someone asks about it, it's fine. You can even have a link to it in your sig if you're an active member and not just perusing to promote. Your post count would make me suspicious about it being in your sig just yet, so might wanna hold off on that.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Go ahead and post it. That's more about posting threads specifically to promote. If someone asks about it, it's fine. You can even have a link to it in your sig if you're an active member and not just perusing to promote. Your post count would make me suspicious about it being in your sig just yet, so might wanna hold off on that.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster.  I just saw the thread and thought it would be fun to share what I've been doing to decorate.   :)

I don't really have the time to do large-scale output, so I wouldn't want it in my sig anyway.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157427449/custom-made-wood-panel-with-your-choice

Edit:  Avalon:  If you want to order something, just PM me on etsy or here or whatnot.  I won't charge you shipping on whatever you wind up ordering and, if you order more than one, I can give you a discount as well and create a special listing for you in the shop.

Most of the house is decorated by my wife, she's a pretty big nerd herself but decorations are pretty minimal. Some pictures here and there, a shelf with wedding pictures, awards and diplomas and a 6' replica of the S.S. William A. Irvin above our fire place mantel (wedding gift from a very good friend of ours who builds historic ships for museums). My office is decorated with my collection of swords and books, my wife's office is full of plushies. My workshop in the garage is full of Harley Davidson / Dale Jr. and Craftsman stuff. That is about it. 

MEGAMAN!! DEADPOOL!! PORTAL!! AWESOME!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."