Hi guys,

Just thought I'd drop a thread to introduce myself. Im Dale, from New Zealand. I've been out of shape for a little while now, I've put on about 18kg of bad weight in the last decade. After high school I was doing a lot of weight training, and although I looked great I probably was doing more damage to my back than anything else. Since then I've got into table tennis, and played that regularly over the last decade. Its great for general fitness and reflexes, as well as flexibility. 

My goals at the moment are to lose some weight and gain some strength. I'm more concerned with strength than weight. I have recently started exercising again, using a rower, and doing some bodyweight exercises. I also tried a paleo diet a little while ago and it spurred me to make some big changes in my diet. I now barely eat bread or dairy whatsoever and it's eradicated a reflux problem I've had for a while. The exercise is starting to pay off in between wanting to puke. I guess I joined for a bit of motivation and to really fine tune my programme to get what I want out of my exercise and general diet. It's important for me to be happy with the way I look and feel, I guess because I'm quite a short person so people often underestimate me or try and use me as an armrest and I'm sick of it. I'm better than that and pound for pound I know from history that I'm stronger than most, and can surprise people, I wanna start doing that again, and I know I can make it happen. 

I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning a lot from you all, hopefully also to share some knowledge of my own.

D

The Logros - Guardians of the First Throne itself.