What song can you absolutely not stop listening to lately?

Let me cleanse your palate with Aesop Rock (who I am pretty sure A$AP was name-biting for cred). Watch me jump. 

I have a really funny Aesop Rock/A$AP Rocky story. So I went to a local hip-hop festival a year or so ago, and Aesop was one of the acts (he killed it, naturally). I was telling my boss about it on Monday, and she really thought I was crazy and kept asking me, "Are you sure you mean Aesop Rock and not A$AP Rocky? Are you SURE?" I told her I knew what I was talking about, and I could pull up photos of both artists if she needed me to. She's more about mainstream acts, and I listen to mainstream and underground hip-hop.

Okay, so maybe not as funny as I thought. But only a certain cross-section of people will understand the humor in the confusion. I've only really recently gotten back into mainstream hip-hop. I spent years listening to mostly underground stuff - Atmosphere is one of my all-time favorites, all the Rhymesayers artists, all the Seattle acts blowing up, all the QN5 artists - but having the friend/professional group I have, I kind of have to have an opinion on the new Drake album when it hits, LOL. Which is fine, since I am a fan of Drake et al.

• Like 2

I can't thank you enough for continuously keeping Aesop Rock in my mind, Traipsing. I finally checked out some of his more recent stuff as the last time I did was around 2003. It's like, I didn't know that I did, but boy did I miss this fucking lyricist mastermind. Can't stop listening to Skelethon, in particular these:

But really, the entire album is tremendous.

• Like 1

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

Been rocking this one at our house.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I've had two songs running through my headphones on repeat the past few weeks, and they could not be MORE different from each other.

Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon (just makes me want to dance like a crazy person!)

Jenny - Nothing More (saw them in concert the other week and they blew. my. mind.)

• Like 1

Challenge | Twitter: @jarnold427 | Obsession

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Start: 190   |   Goal: 175

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Start: 225   |   Goal: 190

Battle Log: Operation Avenger

I second shut up and dance! I can't help but turn up the volume and dance around. I've also just discovered this song from the 80s. I have no idea where I heard it but I'm in LOVE with it. Plus the video is sort of hilarious, even if you remind yourself it's from the 80s. 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Saw these ladies open up for Marilyn Manson last night.  It's probably a testament to the incredible energy of their performance that I am telling everyone that I saw Deap Vally in concert, and not, you know... Manson.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've been addicted to this song since it came out, but only recently did I start listening to it non-stop.

ARCH ENEMY - War Eternal (OFFICIAL VIDEO): http://youtu.be/InRMwptcgAo

Sent front phone. Any mistakes are its fault.

Have seen Alissa live, even together with Testament and must say it was a nice show. Maybe it's because I got to know Arch Enemy with Angie but I definitely prefer "her" songs :D

• Like 1

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

I second shut up and dance! I can't help but turn up the volume and dance around. I've also just discovered this song from the 80s. I have no idea where I heard it but I'm in LOVE with it. Plus the video is sort of hilarious, even if you remind yourself it's from the 80s. 

Oh god...  I'm 10 years old again....

*dances around*

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)